Start by marking “Smut” as Want to Read:
Smut

Smut

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  8,784 ratings  ·  1,233 reviews
What happens when the kink between the pages leads to heat between the sheets?

All Blake Crawford wants is to pass his creative writing course, get his university degree, and take over his dad’s ailing family business. What Amanda Newland wants is to graduate at the top of her class, as well as finally finish her novel and prove to her family that writing is a respectful ca
Published May 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Smut, please sign up.

Christy
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo E9AB088F-C11B-4768-8EB0-A55729B09AB0_zpsjonlblvz.jpg

Karina Halle truly is an author who can do it all. Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense, Horror, now add Romantic Comedy to that list. She does it all and she does it very well! She did a fantastic job with this one. Funny, sexy and nerdy. The perfect mix! Get ready to laugh, swoon and fall in love with Blake and Amanda!

So… whats better than a friends to lovers romance? How about an enemies to lovers romance? YES! What is it about a book where the hero and heroine don’t get along…
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Guys, this is on sale for just 99 cents! Buy on AMAZON HERE :) *grabby hands!*

"No one should be judged by what they read, nor should authors by what they write."

➦I completely agree with this statement that Karina Halle wrote in her acknowledgements. Sometimes I don't even bother explaining to people that I like reading dark erotica or M/M novels. I just say I like romance. A lot of people just don't get it!

➦This book is about two aspiring writers, Amanda and Blake, who get paired up to wri
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-comedy
4.5 Stars!!

description

I love Karina Halle. And I loved the other four books I’ve read from her, but this one, gah…was by far the best book I’ve read from her. 'Smut' was an exceptional read. It had everything that I love in a romantic comedy. It was fun, it was fresh and last but not least it had some pretty hot moments between the two main characters. What I mentioned in the past in other reviews is very true - I love nothing more than a versatile author and Mrs. Halle proved with this delightful read tha
XxTainaxX
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely LOVED this book. It made me laugh out loud quite a few times. The writing is excellent with prose that flows naturally and charmed the heck out of me. Being inside Amanda's head was interesting. She sees and feels the world in a unique way. Blake developed beautifully. A reformed man-whore with depth nobody before Amanda (and us) got to see. These two together were SO RIDICULOUSLY HOT. I want my very own library scene (every bibliophile's fantasy lol). /fans self. My favorite secondar ...more
Pearl Angeli
4.5 Smutty Stars!

(I buddyread this book together with my sis, Bea.)

This book is so much better than I'd expected!

description

Smut is a romantic-comedy story about two writing students, Amanda and Blake, who share the same subjects and were assigned to write a fiction together. At first, these two did not go along well but surprisingly they realized that they click in team-writing. After their successful assignment, Blake discovered something that will make them become rich and successful in their career--&g
Rachel Reads Ravenously
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

"She's a nerd on the streets and a freak in the sheets."

Blake and Amanda are the least likely to be paired for a writing assignment in class. So when the professor does in fact put them together to write a final project, the two are not thrilled with the prospect. Blake is a hot playboy getting his business degree, and Amanda wants to be a serious writer when she graduates from college. The two have no choice but to work together to write a great novella in order to pass the class.

D
Jen
4.25 Nerd On the Streets Freak In the Sheets Stars

First things first, this book had me hooked and laughing from the moment Amanda's soon to be ex boyfriend started singing Barry Manilow to her in a crowded room. Do you know how difficult it is to sneak read at work when you can't stop laughing? Damn you and your righteous sense of humor, Karina Halle!

There are far better reviewers who've managed to eloquently convey the awesomeness of this book so I'm keeping my review short and sweet. So what d
Ayesha
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Random comment #1: Aw. Disney you're so funneeeeee.

Smut while doing its name justice is a hilarious parody of how society views erotica or more specifically what literary snobs think of cheesey one time shits and giggles kinda books. All the quotes in this review are directly taken from the book. And may help you decide whether you want to read it or not.

Also, This is a not so classic example of "How to cheat on reviews" when you have exams. *banshee wailing*

-- BLURBS:

Falling for the Secret Mal
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Peach' Stars!

I am officially in love with Karina Halle's writing. Actually, I read this a few days ago but I haven't had the time to review it until now. This is my second book by this author, the first was Heat Wave (which I really enjoyed) and I have to say Karina definitely surprised me! This woman knows how to write everything. I loved the drama in Heat Wave but I adored this sexy romcom!

Smut is an enemies to lovers story and it introduces two people (Blake Crawford and Amanda Newland) wh
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5-5 FUNNY STARS

Karina Halle never disappoints me! Whatever she writes is always brilliant and fantastic!But especially this book, it is something else! It's hilarious, super hot like no other book and romantic! Amanda and Blake are an amazing combination!

description

"I can't read what she's thinking, but I know she's studying me like I'm a frog about to be dissected, and she's holding the blade, trying to figureout where to cut.":D

They seem like two totally opposite people but they somehow fit like two
♆Hayley
May 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
WARNING SPOILERS: If you haven't read this book don't read this review! If there are a lot of grammatical/spelling errors in this review it's because I'm writing it blind. I rolled my eyes so hard throughout this novel that they dislodged from my head and I have yet to find them. Also, this book drove me to drink. A lot. So.. there is that as well.. I buddy read this with Francesca and it drove her to drink as well. SO IT'S NOT JUST ME!

Raise your hand if you despise GIRLS and they're #privledge
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo f9a3178d265c75027bdd5fc7f9c0bf_zpsexwxtzgx.gif

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Karina Halle has delivered a smutty and highly intoxicating entertaining read that was layered with lots of banter, humor, steam, and what else SMUT. If there is one thing you can always count on is that Ms. Halle will leave readers satisfied and let me just say that she did that and so much more in this smart, fresh, and fun romantic comedy.

#Smut1

After Amanda Newland disastrous break-up with her f
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

What's this book all about you ask? Well, it's about two university classmates who, despite hating each other, decide to co-author smutty romance books, an enemies-to-lovers, romantic comedy, with plenty of the good stuff. This was so much fun to read!

Amanda Newland is a big time nerd, she loves fantasy books and is very serious about becoming a writer. Currently studying at the University of Victoria, she is appalled when for her final project, s
Sabrina
I don't say this too often about NA books set in college, but this was a hot one! I really liked that these two characters were both young and yet very open to exploring their sexuality. I feel like that doesn't happen often enough, since we only see that when one of the characters is a bit older than the other.

Blake and Amanda are in a writing class together but pretty much ignore one another. Blake thinking Amanda is a stuck up prude, and Amanda thinking that Blake is a playboy manwhore. When
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Karina Halle" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Smut
AUTHOR: Karina Halle
GENRE: This is a romantic comedy standalone novel
RELEASE DATE: May 16th 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Humorous, Addictive, Panty wetting HOT!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm wondering how this is going to live up to my love of Sins & Needles because I cray cray loved that series..

SMUT: Told in dual POV'S (Amanda aged twenty-one and Blake aged twenty-three)

We're first introduced to twenty-one
warhawke
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who need some laugh
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Amanda Newland had a lot to prove to people around her. As an aspiring author, she wanted to be the best in her class, paving the way for her writing future. But that future could be in jeopardy when she was assigned with an enemy as her writing partner.

Blake Crawford was a cocky, charming Brit. He didn't seem to take anything seriously; more interested in chasing skirts than grades. He had a secret ambition and could use her
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | KOBO |

LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME SMUT! LOL!

Smut [smət] 1) a fungal disease of grains… 2) A writing style that is sexually explicit and generally associated with females.

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | KOBO |
Blurb:
What happens when the kink between the pages leads to heat between the sheets?

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
****4 Stars****

description

“I knew it. She’s a nerd on the streets and a freak in the sheets.”

Smut is the first book I have read from Karina Halle, and I really enjoyed it. One of my favourite themes in romance genres is the “enemies-to-lovers.” I love being part of the journey and seeing their relationship develop from absolutely loathing each other, to slowly growing closer, to eventually loving each other. The anticipation and angst really draws me in.

I loved Amanda instantly. I loved her inner-nerd, h
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

If you like the enemies to lovers story line, then this one is for you. Only Blake and Amanda aren't really enemies...they just can't stand each other...or who they perceived each other to be.

Put together in a writing class to come up with a novella, they both really get into the project and before they know it, they become friends. They look forward to seeing each other almost as much as writing.

They turn in their novella and the professor tells Blake what a great job they did and she g
Amy | Foxy Blogs
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
Now THAT was a fun enemy to lovers story.

Smut is a fun story about two college students who are paired together for a writing assignment. The unlikely pairing of a nerdy student and a carefree student make for some laugh out loud moments.

A business adventure of writing smut together blossoms after they completed their college writing assignment. They each added something to the story, a formula of some sorts.
"You can't have the sex without the love."
"And you're saying you need me to write the
Alessandra Torre
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my third book by Karina, and I really enjoyed it. It was so perfectly fun and sexy. At first, I questioned the title/blurb, since in the beginning, no smut is being written. But it quickly started to make sense.

It was a standalone novel, with a lovable and relatable heroine, and a swoon-worthy but realistic hero. I could see this couple in my mind, and fell in love with them as the story grew.

Simply put, it's sexy, fun, and addictive. Five stars!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 97fa1edb-5dab-4a0e-8026-1fc0450fa74f_zpsyi3tw7nr.jpg

Amanda Newland is a 21 yr. old woman living in Oak Bay, Victoria. She has always been kind of quirky, & considered herself a nerd with her glasses & love of reading. She attends the University of Victoria & spends most of her free time with friends, in the library, or working on the novel she's writing. Her life is nothing extraordinary & she just wants to finish up school & figure out her future & the direction she wants it to take. Sh
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

3.5 Stars

“His smile is infectious. Then again, so was the plague.”

I’m pretty sure my husband tried to sext me last night while I was finishing this book . . . .

He should know by now that nobody puts Baby in a corner interrupts my reading.

He should also be thankful it took me so many days to actually read Smut because things might end up working in his favor after all. I had every intention of reading this on Friday, because not on
Dilek VT
Well, that was fun...

And, that was hot... really hot...

The fun side and the hot side were well-balanced.

There was no stupid angst or no drama whatsoever, just a small problem that was solved quickly...

description

I really had a nice time reading it...

Our characters are, Blake with black hair and blue eyes and Amanda, with cinnamon red hair and glasses... Something like that...

Blake and Amanda take “creative writing” lesson together in college. They don’t like each other at all. Amanda thinks Blake is a ma
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

#pervsrule #geeksunite

Being an official nerd girl myself, I absolutely adored the leading lady, Amanda, and all her inner-geekiness. She is completely adorkable. Even at the start of the story as a repressed (sexually and otherwise) girl trying hard to fit in - I found her easy to empathize with. Hers is definitely a butterfly story.
Of course no leading lady pervy-nerd-girl is complete without a cocky leading gentlemanwhore.
Blake is her perfect match made in "I think I hate you" heaven
Maria...
"4 SmUt stars"

Once you have his cock inside you,
that's pretty much all you'll ever want for the rest of your life.

This book was pretty great!!!
I really enjoyed the whole story line, the characters, their chemistry. Everything was very captivating from the first page, and I liked the whole vibe from enemies to friends to lovers...
description
Blake and Amanda were very enjoyable characters...They had their personal issues and different opinions about life and future but they had one thing in common, they w
AleJandra
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 Dorks Anonymos STARS

UNPOPULAR OPINION

description

Estoy tratando de recordar cual fue el último libro de Karina Halle que realmente me haya enamorado. The Play casi lo logro, pero la verdad en este momento ya no estoy segura de nada. Siempre me he considerado fiel fan de su trabajo, quizá por eso siempre espero lo mejor de ella, si fuera algún otro autor dejaría pasar este libro sin mirarlo dos veces. Pero es Karina y me rompe el corazón darle 2 estrellas a uno de sus libros.

Este libro me desagrado,

2018 Romance Challenge

Category: Enemies to Lovers

4.5 fucking filthy Stars

I thoroughly enjoyed Smut, I think it may be my favourite (all around) book that I’ve read so far in 2018.

It’s very tongue-in-cheek and it’s definitely not taking itself too seriously. In fact, if I’m not mistaken, Halle is probably taking the piss out of herself on many occasions in this story. On top of that, it has a cast of characters that I both adore and side-eye HARD.

I actually can’t decide what my favourite par
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audio book review

My previous Karina Halle reads have involved lots of drama and angst, which made me curious. Can she pull off romantic comedy? Smut proves that the answer is yes—extremely well.

This book captured my attention from the very beginning with an absolutely hilarious first chapter. I fell hard for Amanda—the nerdy college student who desperately wants to be a fantasy writer despite her family’s objections. Blake is Amanda’s laid back, irritating manwhore classmate. The two get paired
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Buddy read this book with sissy Pearl

Slow claps for this adorable, hilarious, sexy romance novel with a lot of puns and shenanigans. The story is entertaining, majority of the lines and moments will surely make you laugh out loud.

Amanda Newland and Blake Crawford are aspiring authors and total nerds. These two have dramas in life: Amanda broke up with her fiance and left her family disappointed while Blake took a degree to take over his father's bookstore, which is going downhill. When they bec
Turning Pages At ...: Smut by Karina Halle 8 17 Jul 05, 2017 11:08PM
Young Adult Conte...: Smut by Karina Halle - Starting June 11, 2016 32 20 Jun 14, 2016 04:55PM
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Hustler
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • Kissed
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Hooker (L.A. Liaisons, #2)
  • The Ending I Want
  • Felony Ever After
  • The Big O
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1)
  • Three Loving Words
  • Bossman
  • Waking Olivia
  • Suite 269
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Blood to Dust
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
“No one should be judged for what they read, nor should authors by what they write.” 15 likes
“My idea of romance is a guy who will take me to see an Avengers film and doesn’t mind dressing up like Loki afterwards.” 12 likes