What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about children who find a house in the woods with a mirror which leads to the past and they talk to a girl from the era of black death /plague. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments Read in about 2006, kids book. Paperback.

Basically these kids, maybe brother and sister are exploring a wood near their house i think but they could have been visiting family/on holiday.

They come across an old house/shack with an old sign which they think one of their neighbours who is into old stuff would like but they don't take it then and plan to return for it (they do this at the end but they are unable to find the house or the sign after the event)

Think they visit a few times over the course of maybe a month when they go in the house is from the past but doesn't directly lead to it there is a mirror with a girl in who talks to them. Eventually she tries to persuade them that she will die and her sibling is already ill and they have to reach through and pull her into their time.

The present day siblings argue about bringing the plague to modern times and one of them says they can cure it with penicillin so he decides to reach in. The sister panicks and smashes the glass and the mirror girl disappears and they leave.

When they go back again they can't find the house but theyre sure they find the clearing where it was. They are walking around and one of them stumbles and feels a bony hand reaching for their shoe. Not wanting to panic the other one they say race you home! And they race home and i think it ends.

Thanks for any help

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments Oh thank you so much! The top one sounds really promising! I'm almost sure it's that. I kept finding the plague mirror book when i was searching keywords, haha.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Christina, be sure to let us know if this is definitely your book. Inquiring minds want to know!

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments Yes, i read it today! Definitely the book. Thanks so much to the person who found it! Am i supposed to do something when a book is found, like mark the post as resolved or something? (i can't see any way too but haven't had a book found before) :)

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36033 comments Mod
Glad you found your book.

Christina wrote: "...Am i supposed to do something when a book is found, like mark the post as resolved or something? (i can't see a..."

Done. Using the desktop (not mobile) version of the website, I clicked "edit" beside the topic header.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina | 17 comments Ah! I always use my phone fie goodreads, will remember in future. Thanks :)

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36033 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Ah! I always use my phone fie goodreads, will remember in future. Thanks :)"

You're welcome. Unfortunately most of the group's features are only available on the desktop (not mobile) version of the website.