Book Haven discussion

General > Looking for some new books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments So I am kind of looking for some new books to add to my list and of course read! The genre does not really matter to me as long as it is fiction. I have read some books that I loved and are adifferent genre's but they all have one thing in common, the Girl in the book was part of an all guy group..and she could hold her own.. I am looking for something like that again.. here are some similar books as to what I am looking for :

The Hive trilogy by Jaymin eve
The rocker that holds me by Terri Ann Browning
Music of the heart by Katie ashley
Play nice by L.P Maxa
Finding my Pack by Lane whitt
Shocking Heaven by D.H Sidebottom.

Hopefully someone could help me and recommend some great books! Thanks in advance

Dyantha,

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments Does it have to be an "all guy group" or can it just be a male dominant group where the woman/ girl has to do things that are considered "men's work" and she manages fine and/or better than the boys?

I know a bunch of those types of books :)

message 3: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments Heidi wrote: "Does it have to be an "all guy group" or can it just be a male dominant group where the woman/ girl has to do things that are considered "men's work" and she manages fine and/or better than the boy..."

Those would be great ! I have not read any of those yet just the All guys group. I don't know there is just something about those, But I am very curious to the ones you have! Thanks!

message 4: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments Try Patricia Cornwell if you like cop stories

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments Dyantha wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Does it have to be an "all guy group" or can it just be a male dominant group where the woman/ girl has to do things that are considered "men's work" and she manages fine and/or bette..."

Ah, my favorite growing up was The Eye of the Hunter Riatha totally shaped the woman I became! It is a great fantasy read.

I am thoroughly enjoying reading The Journey of the Marked right now. It is an exciting Sci-fi that focuses on a team of marked who are fleeing death. Two females, three males.

I am a writer, and I like to play with gender "roles" in my books. If you like stories where the vampires deserved to be killed, not kissed, then you will love Fury from The Hunters

Of course, the Bones series. Dr. Brennan is AWESOME!

Goodness, there are so many... Patricia Cornwell's are awesome too! Scarpetta is tough, but still retains her feminine charm.

I will have to do some more brain-storming because there was a really cool series about a female FBI agent that is escaping me ATM. Off to hunt through my bookshelves!

message 6: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments Heidi wrote: "Dyantha wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Does it have to be an "all guy group" or can it just be a male dominant group where the woman/ girl has to do things that are considered "men's work" and she manages f..."

Thank you so much! I am checking these ones out!

message 7: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments Sonya wrote: "Try Patricia Cornwell if you like cop stories"

Thanks! I will be checking those out!

message 8: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (mesdupmoi) | 334 comments I second Cornwell's Scarpetta, and Reichs' Bones, series!

Also, Raymond E Feist's Empire Trilogy, starting with Daughter of the Empire which has a rather powerful female lead, surrounded by men.

message 9: by N.B. (new)

N.B. Dixon Hi, I'd recommend The Wars of the Roses series by Conn Iguldenn. It deals with the main players in the war, including Queen Margaret, the only female antagonist but a truly formidable one. I'd also recommend the Time travel Trilogy by Dee Davis.

message 10: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments N.B. wrote: "Hi, I'd recommend The Wars of the Roses series by Conn Iguldenn. It deals with the main players in the war, including Queen Margaret, the only female antagonist but a truly formidable one. I'd also..."

Thanks I wil check those one out!

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris Snider | 7 comments I write Horror mainly, but feel free to click my name and check out my work.

message 12: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments Chris wrote: "I write Horror mainly, but feel free to click my name and check out my work."

Will do! A horror can be a nice change!

message 13: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee If it's okay, I'd like to add my books to this list. I write wholesome Kindle Romances, Romantic/Suspense, Romantic/Suspense/Sci-fi, and just plain Suspense. All of my protagonists are strong women who bravely take on the male antagonists. I've written five books so far.

http://www.groovylee.com

Right now, I'm working on two projects: a Romantic/Suspense about a family heirloom that holds the power to inheriting a family dynasty--if you're the last one standing; and one with a Sci/Fi element including a mummy antagonist. I'm so excited, and can't wait for their release in 2017.

Colors In The Dark by Groovy Lee

**my latest release**

Cause She's a Good Girl by Groovy Lee

**a major character in this book was written in the image of Prince!**

message 14: by Dyantha (new)

Dyantha Bogerd | 9 comments Groovy wrote: "If it's okay, I'd like to add my books to this list. I write wholesome Kindle Romances, Romantic/Suspense, Romantic/Suspense/Sci-fi, and just plain Suspense. All of my protagonists are strong women..."

sure! why the heck not =)

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul Lovell (powerpuffgeezer) | 4 comments ...SPECIAL PROMOTION… LOWER PRICE…

Playing Out Swings and Roundabouts
To encourage sales and to gain customer reviews (which are crucial for success) I have discounted Playing Out: Swings and Roundabouts to the lowest price possible. Kind regards PDL.

Playing Out - Swings and Roundabouts outlines the first ten years of Paul’s life. Abandoned by his mother at six weeks old, he lives alongside three brothers and a sister being raised by their lorry driver father. Struggling to cope, their father does his best to provide but living on state handouts means the children often go without.

Being motherless has a huge impact on every aspect of his existence. In way of compensation, swings and roundabouts, Paul is afforded the freedom to roam. Hardships aplenty, lacking the nurture that often comes from a motherly embrace, Paul is being sculpted, his life is playing out.

Set in the 1970s, the older reader can enjoy a nostalgic trip down memory lane and the youngsters can view the offline existence of kids who wore flares and had bad hair. Products and television programmes, toys and confectionery, the sweetest of memories entwined with the roughness of a working-class environment. Street games, scrumping and sewage tunnels. A patchwork quilt of Paul’s memories stitched together using a rather coarse yarn makes this story a true account of British social history that is both poignant and humorous. All the main elements of the story are genuine incidents, although many of the people and places have been distorted to protect the guilty and to assist with the flow of the narrative.

message 16: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene Almond | 4 comments Dyantha wrote: "So I am kind of looking for some new books to add to my list and of course read! The genre does not really matter to me as long as it is fiction. I have read some books that I loved and are adiffer..."

Hi Dyantha,

I can offer you a free E-book in exchange for a review, if you would be interested in my novel - Initiated to Kill.
Looking for a dark psychological thriller that will challenge how you see the world? Initiated to Kill explores the conspiracy about how a powerful organization initiated a psychopath into their midst, bringing about one of the world's most infamous serial killers in the 19th century.

While in present-day Spain, the actions from the past drives another man to carry out his own sadistic fantasies.

Annabella Cordova, a deaf art student quickly becomes entangled in the disappearances of students. Unknown to her, Annabella’s past could be the key to discovering the meaning behind these
vicious crimes.

To find out more, you can check out my blog - https://sharlenefreelancewriter.wordp...

And you can email me on sharlenealmond@gmail.com for those that are interested in reviewing my novel.

Thanks,

Sharlene