Start by marking “'Cause She's a Good Girl” as Want to Read:
'Cause She's a Good Girl

'Cause She's a Good Girl

Librarian Note: See Alternate Cover Edition HERE.

CLEAN SUSPENSE NOVEL

Piper Banion spent most of her eighteen years trying to do the impossible—gain her abusive mother’s love. Now, she realizes that some dreams are the word ‘hopeless’ spelled backwards. Connie will always see her as an “unwanted burden”. Still, it was hard making that life-altering decision to free herself
Published May 31st 2014

To ask other readers questions about 'Cause She's a Good Girl, please sign up.
Groovy Lee Hi,

Hi,

I'm so sorry it took this long to answer you. I honestly didn't realize I had a question, plus my head is so deep in the next book that I'm trying to get out. But the answer is, not really; Although Piper and I do have the mothers in common, everything else is pure imagination.

The book is 279 Kindle pages long. Anytime you want a review copy, I will gift it to you at your request.

Thank you for your question, Lilian. And feel free to ask me anything--Groovy(less)

La-Lionne
DNF

I think I'll be keeping it save for a while and reading authors I know I can trust, who I know can deliver. This time, my search for a new thriller/suspense author was unsuccessful.

I mean, what was I thinking. You read the book title, then look at the cover, you immediately think of FTSoG. The reason I decided to give it a shot, was because the reviews said that the cover is misleading, that the book is so much more. And it is, oh boy, it is. I still couldn't find anything that kept my atten
Angel Gelique
I won a copy of this book through an Amazon giveaway and was excited to give it a try. First, let me just say that the cover does not match the story. I was expecting more of a psychological thriller/dark romance type of book. I think I would classify it more as a mystery/thriller novel. Whatever the classification, I'm happy to report that I truly enjoyed the story.

Teenager Piper Banion comes from a single-parent home with an abusive mother. After she notifies the authorities about a terrible c
Flamingcrystal Flamingcrystal
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A bad review would stop most readers to download a book, right? No...wrong! Never let a bad review stand between you and your own free will/common sense, because you might just let a good book slip between your fingers. I am glad I've downloaded and read this book. I am one of those reviewers who are proud to give honest reviews and only give praise when praise is due. The book is well written and the characters are believable. Grab your tissues as an unexpected twist at the end of this story, w ...more
Carole P. Roman
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Piper Banion got the short straw in the lottery of life. Stuck with an abusive mother, who can find nothing redeemable in her hard-working, studious daughter, she manages to stay true to her own moral compass. Faced the knowledge her mother has done something horrible, she turns her in and her life changes direction. Piper becomes friends with the daughter of a wealthy couple. This propels her into the lap of luxury and perhaps the arms of her friend's handsome cousin. However, all is not what i ...more
Groovy Lee
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The idea for this book came out of the simple fact that I'm a BIG Prince fan, in fact, I'm his number one fan! So, the story of 'Cause She's A Good Girl grew from my admiration of his beauty and talent. One of the main characters, Oz Jamison, was modeled after him, and that's one of the reasons the story came to life. Author Dean Kootnz also inspired this book.
Heather-Lea
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The difference between how two of the characters turned out after terrible childhoods is breathtaking. I loved the personalities of each character and how their relationships morphed as the book went on. I loved to hate the killer and was leased that they turned out to be on my list of suspects. I loved the emphasis placed on love, personal choices and innocence seeing through all the facades we put up around ourselves. I felt like the cover was more scandalous than ...more
Grant
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I really think this is a great book. I felt it is well written and a great story line and plot. Great characters as well. I loved getting back to this book whenever I could. I don't want to say much of the story because I would want you to have as close of an experience as I did , which was a great one. I will be reading more books by this author.
Ooha Biddala
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, thriller
Piper is fleeing from her difficult childhood when fortune finds her in the form of her best friend- Shelly. Moving to California with her, Piper was certain, was the best decision she had made. Especially, when she laid her eyes on Shelly’s cousin Oz who seemed to be made in Adonis’s own image. However, with a Silk Stocking Serial Killer on the loose who was killing every woman Piper came into contact with and blank calls from a creep with a fake British accent, Piper’s summer, she was afraid, ...more
Megan
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My book blog: http://publishedmoments.co.uk

Groovy Lee had me hooked from the prologue. There's the old saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover' and I'm glad in this case that I didn't - the cover to me indicates that this book is more towards the erotica side of things but Groovy Lee has very much written a thriller that chases a serial killer...with added romance in there too.

I found the book really easy to get in to, easy to follow and the pace of the events within the book was brilliant. Lee
Live Laugh & Love Books

Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

Okay so this book somehow got lost in my never ending inbox and I have FINALLY gotten around to reading it! I thank the author, Groovy Lee, for being super awesome about it! So here goes!

The synopsis of the book really intrigued me and when I got started on the book I just couldn’t put it down!

I really liked Piper, but she did seem to lack some common sense, but that didn’t really draw me away from the story to badly. I just love what this
OOSA
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Your Past Does Not Always Have to Define Your Future

Piper Banion has not had an easy life. She’s always tried to gain her mother Connie's approval and love but never received either, only criticism. Just when it seems like nothing will change, she musters up the courage to change her situation. Fast forward a few years and she meets Shelly. She finally has someone she can depend on. Will life turn out like she hoped? Only time will tell.

Good read. The plot was well done, although Piper came off
Teresa Kander
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
In all honesty, I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this book--the synopsis intrigued me, but the cover made me concerned about how much romance or sexual content would be included.

In the end, the synopsis won out over the cover, and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Piper did get on my nerves at times with her lack of common sense, but it wasn't enough to take away from my overall enjoyment of the book.

This book has romance, mystery, suspense, parental neglect, and friendship. All the cha
Ashok
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well written book with characters who are believable with a plot of parental neglect, romance, suspense...
A book to ponder over, it shows two characters with similar looks and with terrible childhoods, but both grow into different characters with diametrically different personalities, showing how personal choices matter under the most trying circumstances. They become close friends and their relationship grows. There is also a person making mysterious calls, and a killing…
BUT, the author has mi
Prakash Sharma
Jan 15, 2018
Mary T Decker
Aug 16, 2017
Anna Faversham
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Never mind the cover - it's the title that tells the prospective reader what he/she needs to know.

Leaving a difficult childhood behind, Piper sets off to California - out of the frying pan into the fire.

I found myself tucking my Kindle into my bag every time I went anywhere in case I could snatch a few moments to read more of this absorbing book.

Recommended read.
Deb Rhodes
Jan 31, 2018
J.D. Park
Oct 17, 2018
I live in the deep south where the number four has two syllables. I somehow did not acquire that distinct Southern accent, but I am accustomed to expressions of "Yall", "Ain't", and when I'm really mad--"Ain't gonna!".

I live with my Queen and best friend who happens to be my daughter. Writing is my passion; it keeps me sane. I write clean Suspense and Romantic/Suspense/Thrillers with six books pu