Swimming Mermalions discussion

Archive - Event 2: Page Jumping > How big can you go?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 07, 2016 03:08PM) (new)

For heats 1 and 2 we need:

6 books between 101-150 pages
6 books between 151-200 pages
6 books between 201-250 pages
6 books between 251-300 pages
4 books between 301-350 pages
4 books between 351-400 pages
2 books between 401-450 pages
2 books between 451-500 pages

The bonus rounds would need books with higher page numbers but we can think about that if we ever get there.

Let us know what range of pages you could read for i.e. 'I can read books between 101 to 400 pages'. Remember everyone needs to read at least one book for heats 1 or 2:

Heat 1:
Page Jumping of FOUR books
Page Jumping of SIX books
Page Jumping of EIGHT books
Each leg must reset at 101 pages

Heat 2:
Page Jumping of FOUR books
Page Jumping of SIX books
Page Jumping of EIGHT books
Each leg must reset at 101 pages

message 2: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly I can read a book up to 850 pages, well maybe up to 900 also if really needed (more pages takes too much time for me).

message 3: by Filipa (new)

Filipa I'm more comfortable with books under 500 pages. I do have higher page counts, but not many options to choose from unfortunately.

message 4: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) I am a slow reader, so it might be best I kept to something short(ish). Though I do have a couple of longer books on top of my to-read list.

message 5: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) When I listen to audio I can take larger books (>500).

message 6: by Lusie (last edited Jul 03, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) I can easily do up to 500. Depending on how long we have I might be able to do more.

Feel free to write me down for anything beweet 201 and 500

message 7: by Bookworm_gem (new)

Bookworm_gem  (gembear) I would be 100-500 too

message 8: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 87 comments Right now I'm more comfortable in the 100-250 range of pages. For larger books I'll probably need more time then 1 week.

message 9: by Chava (new)

Chava I rely heavily on audiobooks, so I can take the larger books as long as one is available, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue...I'm a member of 4 libraries and have access to the State library

message 10: by Chava (new)

Chava I will have Natchez Burning in audiobook this week for a month. It is 800 pages so I can be member 12 :) When can we start this?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

This is what we need for heats 1 and 2:

6 books between 100-150 pages
6 books between 151-200 pages
6 books between 201-250 pages
6 books between 251-300 pages
4 books between 301-350 pages
4 books between 351-400 pages
2 books between 401-450 pages
2 books between 451-500 pages

If we do complete all the events and get to do the bonus rounds that's when we would need people to read the really big books.

So far most people are comfortable reading between these page ranges with a couple of people wanting to be down towards the lower end. Which is good as we need people to read shorter books.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I can do anything between 100 and 500 pages. I'll go wherever I'm needed.

message 13: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) Same for me.

message 14: by Chava (new)

Chava I'll do whatever you want me to do. I'll find an audiobook to suit, I'm sure

message 15: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly I'm with you Lori, Imke and Chava :)
Anything!

message 16: by Elinaly (last edited Jul 03, 2016 08:14AM) (new)

Elinaly So can we start putting the chains together?

I NEED to read Geim (its 323 pages) for another team challenge during the week (4th-10th July) if I don't want to let the team down, so maybe I can take a spot in
Heat 1 - 2nd set: Page Jumping of SIX books - 5th link: 301-350 pages.

Or if you can see a better use of this book let me know (another event maybe?) I can start this book latest on thursday (7th July) - I hope I may do it :) (with event 1 heat 1 done hopefully by then)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Elinaly wrote: "So can we start putting the chains together?

I NEED to read Geim (its 323 pages) for another team challenge during the week (4th-10th July) if I don't want to let the team down, so..."

You read your book. I'll put you down for that position. If you have to start it before heat 1 title relay is finished then do so as any books finished between now and the end of Olympics but which are not used for Olympics can be kept to be used in the next game Wheel-a-thon.

message 18: by Clare (new)

Clare (wispa694) | 34 comments Mod
I can read anything up to about 700, I could probably go bigger but I'd have to check the page lengths of the books I have on my TBR.

message 19: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) I would like to read The Colour of Magic for this one. It is between 251-300 pages.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Have put Elinaly and Eli's books into slots.

message 21: by Lusie (last edited Jul 04, 2016 05:27PM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) I'll read:

228 pages Keeping the Moon

message 22: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) For a buddy read in another group I want to read July which has 192 pages. So if I can fit it in this event that would be great.

message 23: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) For other books I will see what is needed.

message 24: by Juliana (new)

Juliana Rodrigues (julianamfrodrigues) | 87 comments I would like to read Fahrenheit 451 for this event. My edition has 159 pages.

But if needed I can read a different rage of pages, until 250.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Juliana wrote: "I would like to read Fahrenheit 451 for this event. My edition has 159 pages.

But if needed I can read a different rage of pages, until 250."

I have you down for Fahrenheit 451.

message 26: by Chava (new)

Chava I have started The fire witness, which is 583 pages

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Chava wrote: "I have started The fire witness, which is 583 pages"

We haven't finished heat 1 of the title relay so this book won't count for Olympics. But keep reading it as I'm not sure exactly how long it will be before we will finish. Any book read in Olympics and not used for Olympics can be used in our next game Wheel-a-thon.

message 28: by Chava (new)

Chava Ok, I am picking up a 800 page tomb stone of a book today as well

message 29: by Lusie (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:40PM) (new)

Lusie (illusie) Change of plan, after reading me before you for the first event I just have to read the second book in the series! I want to read After You soon. Could you list it for 353 pages?

message 30: by Elinaly (last edited Jul 04, 2016 03:27PM) (new)

Elinaly As I understand Emelie likes to read shorter books - Emelie will you take the first book in chain (100-150 pages) or second (151-200 pages)?

The shorterst book I have is 152 pages :D
(Õnnelikud inimesed loevad raamatuid ja joovad kohvi) - would it be ok, to put me in chain with this one? (my second book in page jumping, different legs)

message 31: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly But if other teamies want to read for this gap - nice and short and since every team member needs to read for event 2, I'll leave it for them.
So count me as back-up with this one :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll put you down for it. I can move people around legs and heats as more people sign up and as people finish their books.

message 33: by Filipa (new)

Filipa I'd like to read Played! (214 pages) for this event, I need a P title for another challenge.

message 34: by Chava (new)

Chava if we have a book that's over 500 pages, do we count it as 2 books?

message 35: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 21 comments I can read

Tempted to Touch by Remmy Duchene

102 pages

Yeah it is true that i like to.read shorter books but thats because i have to read for three diffrent challenges this one the mm scavenger hunt and the bingochallenge

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Chava wrote: "if we have a book that's over 500 pages, do we count it as 2 books?"

No, the book would count as one book. The book you read for this would need to be in the stated page range. If we do get to bonus rounds then for this there is an option to do larger books.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Emelie wrote: "I can read

Tempted to Touch by Remmy Duchene

102 pages

Yeah it is true that i like to.read shorter books but thats because i have to read for three diffrent challenges this one the mm scaven..."

Those shorter books will come in very handy for this event if you have any more.

message 38: by Chava (new)

Chava Pigletto wrote: "Chava wrote: "if we have a book that's over 500 pages, do we count it as 2 books?"

No, the book would count as one book. The book you read for this would need to be in the stated page range. If we..."

Okay, no problem. I can read in whichever range you would like me to read

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Chava wrote: "Pigletto wrote: "Chava wrote: "if we have a book that's over 500 pages, do we count it as 2 books?"

No, the book would count as one book. The book you read for this would need to be in the stated ..."

So far we don't have anyone reading for any of the page counts sets between 351 and 500 pages.

message 40: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) I want to read Wachten op woensdag (Frieda Klein, #3) by Nicci French Wachten op woensdag which has 462 pages

message 41: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 21 comments I have another short book i can use
Planet Glecerus (Alien Lovers, #1) by Olivia Black
151 pages

message 42: by Chava (last edited Jul 05, 2016 02:55PM) (new)

Chava I have The bodies left behind by Jeffrey Deaver at 358 pages

The Bodies Left Behind

message 43: by Chava (new)

Chava 368 pages actually

message 44: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (cnnamongirlaolcom) Most of the books I read are 350 pages+
Do I just pick any book to read?

message 45: by Imke (new)

Imke (immie75) Yes I think you can, post here what you would like to read and how many pages the book has. Wait for Heat 1 of Event 1 to finish before you start the book.
I hope to finish the final book for heat 1 this evening.

message 46: by Chava (last edited Jul 06, 2016 02:01AM) (new)

Chava Finished Red Dog for 119 pages
(was going to be on the chariot, but it was suggested to post it here instead)

message 47: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly I can start listening The Hangman's Daughter
It's audio, so for page count it would be 448 pages (default kindle edition)

message 48: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) I can read The Great Bazaar and Brayan's Gold: Stories from The Demon Cycle series and Messenger’s Legacy which are both in the 100-150 pages interval.

message 49: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) I have read Again the Magic 391 pages, this could be used for this challenge

message 50: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) I'm now reading After You 353 pages

« previous 1