CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

Halfway Celebration Threads > Day 4- Most Looking Forward to Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 748 comments Mod
We've talked about our favorite and least favorite books so far this year, but now we want to know what book you are most looking forward to reading this year?

For me, it's the second book of Rachel Caine's The Great Library series, Paper and Fire. I read the first book, Ink and Bone, and couldn't put it down. I stayed up to an ungodly hour to finish it. It's been a long time since a book emotionally impacted me that much. I know the sequel probably won't contain that much power, but I know it will be good and I can't wait to stay up again to read it.

Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine

message 2: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
My most anticipated book for this year was Soldier

Soldier (Talon, #3) by Julie Kagawa

It did not disappoint either - but it left me with a gigantic need to know what happens next - as all Julie Kagawa novels do... so now the book I'm most looking forward to will not publish until 2017 - sad faces all around and I'm dying inside waiting to find out what happens to all my favorite characters!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 474 comments If I new what was coming out, I would probably have a long list. But at the moment, the only one I can think of is Darynda Jones' new book The Curse of Tenth Grade. The series rocks, and meeting her was a pleasure. As was watching J.R. Ward have a complete fangirl moment when she saw her in the audience of her panel. Which was what lead me to read the series in the first place.

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 748 comments Mod
Ann wrote: "If I new what was coming out, I would probably have a long list. But at the moment, the only one I can think of is Darynda Jones' new book The Curse of Tenth Grade. The series rocks, and meeting he..."

Same- if I knew what was coming out, my list would probably be a mile long. Lol. I keep seeing the Jones' books come through the library and they look like so much fun. I'm going to have to check them out.

message 5: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 279 comments The 3rd book by Gillian Anderson. I was surprised how much I liked the first two books!