What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Two girls - best friends. One of them is British and a theater actor

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments I'm looking for a book where two girls are best friends and one of them is an actor. The actor girl is a Brit and she comes to America to visit her friend. There is a scene where the American girl in her room is looking at the window and the brit girl enters the room. after she leaves the girls says something like "All that was left was her fragrance. and I felt like I didn't belong there"

May be one of the girl's name is Francesca ??!

Can anyone identify this book ??

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40168 comments Mod
When did you read it or when was it published? Remember the cover? Author male or female?

How old are the girls? Is it YA or adult? Any particular genre - e.g. chick lit?

message 3: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments Read it a few years back. published between the last ten years. I also remember a few things. The story revolves around the British girl's brother. The British family is more of a royal family types. I also remember one of the character's name is Kathleen O Rourke' (??!)

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jun 30, 2016 04:18PM) (new)

Kris | 36036 comments Mod
Sudharsan, is this book for young adults/teens or older adults?

What's the tone - funny, romantic, angsty, sarcastic, somber, etc.?

What kind of acting did the British girlfriend do - serious drama in live plays, TV commercials, TV shows, movies, etc.?

Where does the American girl live - a famous big city like New York, Hollywood, small town, coast/mountains/etc.?

message 5: by Sudharsan (last edited Jul 01, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments This book is for older adults. It involved politics and drama. The episode I mentioned between the British girl and American girl happens in one of the chapter.

However the whole book revolves around the British girl's brother.

The British girl was an actor (drama theater I believe) and her friend american girl was a writer. The whole Brit family are kinda 'Royal family'.

The American girl lives in Newyork (!!?) or some other big city...!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Okay, sounds like we need to focus more on the British girl's brother then. Is he in Britain or the U.S.? How old is he? If an adult, what does he do for a living? Does it involve politics as in government, political campaigns and such? Or more personal politics? Are the Brits aristocratic?

message 7: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments I don't remember most of the details. Anyhow I'll try to think through it.

message 8: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments Any luck...??

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No, none of the 30 people viewing this thread has recognized your book yet. You do need to be patient. Also the bump period is 30 days, unless you remember new information.

message 10: by Tab (last edited Jul 06, 2016 06:37AM) (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments What time period does the story take place?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?

message 11: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments Definitely in the modern era. May be 1990 - 2000s. Not part of a series.

message 12: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments Hi team, can this be given a bump up now ?

message 13: by Kris (last edited Jul 21, 2016 08:12AM) (new)

Kris | 36036 comments Mod
Actually, the bump period for this large group is 30+ days -- or sooner if you have more information about the book. You'll find all main rules on the group's homepage. https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Is there any erotica or explicit sex?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Politics by Adam Thirlwell features a male actor, a female actor, and another woman in a menage a trois set in London. I don't see that it's also set in the U.S. though.

message 16: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments There is no erotica or explicit sex I believe. There is part where one of the ladies stand next to a window and the other girl (actor) enters the room. After she left, the nrit will say something like, "All that was left was her fragrance. I felt like I didn't belong there. " (something similar to this phrase)

message 17: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments Any luck with this

message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Sudharsan, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 19: by Sudharsan (new)

Sudharsan Haribaskar | 10 comments No, I haven't found the book yet. Still looking

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Politics (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Adam Thirlwell (other topics)