We Were Liars We Were Liars discussion

Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski Hey everyone! This is going to be a discussion for the book We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I am doing a buddy read with @eKa and we will be talking about the book on this page. Feel free to hop in and join us, all are welcome! :)

mollusskka Hi, Catherine. I'm on part 5 now. Still early. I saw you're on page 54, must be ahead of me. But that's fine.
What do you think so far?

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski I wasn't actually planning on going this much in but I was a little lost and didn't know what was going on. The story is told in such a weird way and I'm not used to it. I haven't actually learned much about anyone, I just know that whenever something bad happens the family just pushed it away and pretend it didn't happen but besides that I'm still not sure. How about you?

mollusskka At first I was at lost too. I kept going back and forth between the family tree and the name of the characters. but then I liked it. the writing style is straightforward.
i was confused about Cadence's bleeding (before the accident), that's weird. what's wrong?
tbh, this novel reminded of Agatha Christie's work: And Then There Were None. i don't know, maybe because the private island thing.
most of my friends liked it so i kinda got influenced a bit.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski Cadence uses lots of weird descriptions to describe her pain throughout the book. I'm reading right now and I'm starting to really get into the story. I'm really interested in what exactly occurred surrounding Cadence's accident.

mollusskka Yes, i agree with you. i'm not quite sure if his father really shot her.
i'm reading it now too, part where Cadence sent e-mail to johnny and mirren.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski No I don't believe he actually shot her it's just a metaphor for the pain, you see it a lot further in the book. I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

mollusskka okay.
now her mummy is suspicious too.

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski I know right her mom makes her suck everything up and not talk about it. I could never deal with that.

mollusskka yeah, and her grandad too. and also there are fairy tales. could it be another key or just a distraction.
it's getting more interesting, dont you think?

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski Ya totally! I'm almost done with the book like I can't put it down. I wasn't a fan at first but I adore Cadence and Gat together and I really need the full details of the night of the accident.

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski Just finished it! This book seriously grew on me and has so much more to it than I thought. The ending is breathtaking.

mollusskka OMG, again i got left behind in my reading buddy! you both a very fast reader.
nice to know you finally enjoyed it. this surely is a good book, like everyone said.
okay, Catherine, i'm waiting for your review. usually i never scared of spoiler, but this one is an exception. esp the ending. :)

message 14: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski Haha I had nothing to do all day so it was easy to get through. I'll have a review on my blog probably this weekend, I'll let you know when it's up! I never do spoilers so no worries.

mollusskka okey dokey :)