Faithful Fiction Readers (Mountainview Books) discussion

Science Fiction & Fantasy > What's your favorite book to movie adaptation of a fantasy or science fiction novel?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Darlington (cjdarlington) | 121 comments Mod
...or what adaptation do you think DIDN'T work?

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis Personally, I loved The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie by Walden Media. Even though some things were changed from the book, all were great. It was simply... magical!

Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader were disasters, IMO. They changed way too much to please this avid fan.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games movies were wonderfully done as well, but Divergent? Meh. Didn't love those.

Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet, #1) by Orson Scott Card There's Ender's Game (which I didn't see or read the book yet)

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Bogner | 29 comments I agree with you about the Narnia movies. The first one was great, but the other two didn't follow the books at all!

message 3: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Darlington (cjdarlington) | 121 comments Mod
I know! I think the silly changes were the big problem. They alienated their biggest fans by doing so.