Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

How to pack for a 3-week vacation with only a carry-on
Adding New Books > I've tried to add my new book but it won't show up

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (last edited Jun 21, 2016 11:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan Stewart (susanlstewart) | 8 comments I've tried to add this book but it doesn't show up on my author profile. I also have a cover image - I don't see one in the box: "This topic is about." Here's a link to the Amazon page: http://amzn.to/1ssYmto. If you can't get it from there, please let me know how to send it to you.

(My middle initial, L, is not supposed to have a period behind it. Could that be the problem? I never use the period with the L.)

Thank you for your help,
Susan L Stewart

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20165 comments Merged the duplicate edition (without the cover) and moved the Kindle edition (with cover and ASIN) to your profile.

Goodreads policy is to have a period after an initial. Author name has to match exactly for the book to show up on the author profile.

message 3: by Susan (last edited Jun 21, 2016 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan Stewart (susanlstewart) | 8 comments Quick question: Does that mean I can't add a new book and will have to go through this process with each one since I do not use the period after my middle initial?

message 4: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments If you add them yourself, with the period, as soon as you have an ASIN or ISBN, then the automatic imports will see that the ASIN/ISBN is already there and not import another copy.

You can do this by simply adding them from your profile page, to ensure they have the correct name.

Otherwise yes, if you wait for the imports, you will have to request each book be moved as it's created.