What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Everything, Everything
This topic is about Everything, Everything
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book with a character that reads books in reverse (last page first) [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fay (mileventwelve) The reverse reading is not the main plot of the book. It's just something a character mentioned, almost like a side comment.

The character said something like, watching the characters turn from hopeful to hopeless, reading the ending first, and something like conflicts turning from solved to unsolved (and a mess).

I think it's a contemporary book, but I wouldn't want to eliminate the possibility of other genres with a character that reads books this way.

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 712 comments One of the characters in The Poisonwood Bible reads things in reverse, although I think her reasoning was different.

Krista | 148 comments This sounds really familiar to me. Do you remember when it was published/how long ago you read it/is it new or old, etc.?

message 4: by Fay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fay (mileventwelve) I think I read it this year, but if not, then late 2015. It's a recent release, I believe.

message 5: by Fay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fay (mileventwelve) MADAM, I'M ADAM

from Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

“Sometimes I reread my favorite books from back to front. I start with the last chapter and read backward until I get to the beginning. When you read this way, characters go from hope to despair, from self-knowledge to doubt. In love stories, couples start out as lovers and end as strangers. Coming-of-age books become stories of losing your way. Your favorite characters come back to life.”