The Sword and Laser discussion

Fran Wilde
This topic is about Fran Wilde
Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for Fran Wilde?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
Guess what?! We're interviewing Updraft author Fran Wilde tomorrow! We'd love to ask her your questions about this month's book pick.

The awkward part is... well, at least Veronica hasn't finished it yet. She might in time, but it's a close thing. So make sure your questions, if super spoilery, are behind spoiler tags. Tom (is he even finished yet? I don't know) will have to look through them first ;)

Thanks!!

message 2: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments When does the next book come out? Will we learn more about the world and what the bones are from?!?!

What's she knitting? ;)

message 3: by Darren (new)

Darren How does she feel about YA as a label/genre?

message 4: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8462 comments Was the Lisa Tuttle/George R.R. Martin book Windhaven an inspiration?

message 5: by Darren (new)

Darren Why doesn't Kirit call Ezarit "Mom"?

message 6: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1627 comments Any advice for new female authors in SFF? Any themes/tropes to avoid?

Trike's question is really good.

message 7: by E.C. (new)

E.C. (ecmyers) | 1 comments The world building in UPDRAFT is *fabulous*. What kind of research did you do to develop and describe the technology around their wings and the cloud cities and towers?

message 8: by Alan (new)

Alan | 534 comments Is the book post-apocalyptic fiction? Or, is that a mystery for the sequels?
Does she think of the book as more fantasy or science fiction? (I know in the end it probably doesn't matter but I am curious to how she approaches it in her process rather than where it ends up.)

message 9: by Iain (new)

Iain Bertram (iain_bertram) | 1334 comments Speaking of inspiration, what about Hothouse by Adliss.