Chat, Eat, and Read discussion

Movie Discussions-Part 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
I just saw Finding Dory. It was so cute and was a wonderful movie. I think they handled Dory's short term memory loss with care.

message 2: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
Which one is better? 1 or 2? I'm going to see it on Tuesday. It looks so cute! I saw this movie yesterday called Maggie's Plan. It was pretty good. Ethan Hawke, Julianne Moore, and Greta Gerwig. It's a Woody Allen Movie.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Huge confession. I have never seen Finding Nemo.

message 4: by Lilith (new)

Oh! Hahaha! Well it was good!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

I am on the waiting list at the Library.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

I just saw Nerve. I liked the bright lights of NYC. I thought overall the movie was good. I loved the scenes the scenes in Bergdorfs and the ladder scene. I thought the ending was a bit cheesy. Emma Roberts was cute as usual.

message 7: by Lilith (new)

I liked it as well! I loved the scene where Dave Franco is driving the motorcycle, blindfolded, with Emma Roberts in the back. So intense!

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Oh yes that scene was intense.

message 9: by Lilith (new)

I saw this movie called "Blood Father" yesterday. Don't judge a movie by its title!! I was expecting something different than what it turned out to be. I liked it quite a bit! was never the biggest Mel Gibson fan, but he impressed me!

message 10: by Lilith (new)

Just saw an excellent movie on Netflix..."The Fundamentals of Caring." It's about a teenager who has a disease that affects his muscles to degenerate, thus causing him to become a paraplegic. A man (played by Paul Rudd) is assigned to be his caregiver. They take a car trip and end up picking up a teenager (played by Selena Gomez) and a pregnant woman along the way. So happy I found this movie!

I copy/pasted the link for the trailer if anyone is interested...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2452386/?...

message 11: by Deborah (new)

I have seen it in my feed, but haven't watched it yet. I will try tomorrow.

message 12: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "Just saw an excellent movie on Netflix..."The Fundamentals of Caring." It's about a teenager who has a disease that affects his muscles to degenerate, thus causing him to become a paraplegic. A man..."

I am watching it now. It is really good. Selena Gomez was so cute in the movie. SLIM JIM!!! I liked the flashbacks with Ben's family. Netflix has really stepped up their game with these movies.

message 13: by Lilith (new)

They have, haven't they? I thought I'd noticed that they've recently added better movies than they used to.

message 14: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "They have, haven't they? I thought I'd noticed that they've recently added better movies than they used to."

Yes, they have. I will pay the two bucks extra a month here to get better movies.

message 15: by AngelofNoMercy (new)

AngelofNoMercy | 8 comments I just saw The Boss - a Melissa McCarthy movie that just came out on DVD. I'd heard it was bad, but was still hoping. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to work on any level.

message 16: by Deborah (new)

I really enjoyed her in Mike and Molly, but she looked ridiculous in that movie.

message 17: by Lilith (new)

AngelofNoMercy wrote: "I just saw The Boss - a Melissa McCarthy movie that just came out on DVD. I'd heard it was bad, but was still hoping. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to work on any level."

If you're into Melissa McCarthy, your best bet is "Identify Thief." It was really funny and worthwhile. Jason Bateman is in it too.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Lilith wrote: "AngelofNoMercy wrote: "I just saw The Boss - a Melissa McCarthy movie that just came out on DVD. I'd heard it was bad, but was still hoping. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to work on any level..."

I loved that movie!! She was hilarious.

message 19: by AngelofNoMercy (new)

AngelofNoMercy | 8 comments Yeah her Kenya joke was amazing haha

message 20: by Deborah (new)

I saw Suicide Squad and the Star Trek movie this weekend. Margot and Cara make Suicide Squad worth it. The Star Trek movie was slow paced, but good as well.

message 21: by Lilith (new)

Margot Robbie was SOOOO HOT in Suicide Squad!! She should dress like that and wear her hair like that all the time! Haha! I have to say though...I didn't like Cara Lavigne in the movie...I really found that role didn't suit her at all. They should have casted someone else for that part.

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Puddin!!!

message 23: by Lilith (new)

I just saw this movie called "Neon Demon," starring Elle Fanning. It was the best messed up movie I have seen in a very long time!! Necrophilia...throwing up an eyeball...I can go on. I almost passed this movie up. Glad I didn't! Very unique!

message 24: by Lilith (new)

You guys have to see "Lion"! The acting was amazing...I can't believe this movie is based on a true story! How could this have really happened?! Sunny Pawar is phenomenal as young Saroo. This movie is going to win awards for sure.

message 25: by Lilith (new)

I saw the trailer for "Everything, Everything" yesterday. It's coming out on May 19th here. I'll see it because I read the book, but I'm not super psyched about it. The acting doesn't look good.

message 26: by Carol (new)

Carol Oh I hope it's good! I've been looking forward to it!!!

message 27: by Lilith (new)

I was looking through Netflix and came across "The Edge of Seventeen." I saw it in theaters a while back, when it first came out. If anyone is looking for something to watch, I recommend this one! It's funny and it's quite unique!

"Moonlight" is also available on Netflix. Another good one!!

message 28: by Deborah (new)

I just saw Ingrid Goes West. Solid 4 Stars!! Aubrey Plaza as Ingrid is the best. I loved the Cat Woman scene.

message 29: by Lilith (new)

I saw "IT" last night...the movie based on Stephen King's novel. It was so good!

message 30: by Lilith (new)

I just saw "The Big Sick" a couple of days ago. It was so good! I was surprised to find out that the story was based on the main character's real wife. One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Glad I didn't let this one slip by!

message 31: by Deborah (new)

I'll need to watch it soon. It just came out on DVD.

message 32: by Carol (new)

Carol I saw it in early August. Loved it!!!

message 33: by Lilith (new)

Listen everyone...
Everybody MUST see this movie...Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. It got 8.4 on 10 with 27, 952 reviews on imdb. And if THAT'S not incentive enough to go watch this movie, I'd also like to mention that it won FOUR awards at the Golden Globes last night, including best motion picture-drama.

YES!

message 34: by Deborah (new)

I just saw Love Simon. I read the book. I got a John Greene vibe about the movie. I really enjoyed the book and feel the movie adaptation was pretty true to the book The author, Becky Albertalli, is releasing her third book this Spring. It is based on the character Leah from the movie. I already have it on pre-order. I am glad the movie focused more on the kids and not so much on the parents. I want to hear what everybody else thinks.

message 35: by Lilith (new)

I'm going to see the movie on tomorrow.

message 36: by Deborah (new)

Oh good!!

message 37: by Deborah (new)

Fun fact. Simon’s friend Leah is getting her own book in April. I can’t wait to read it.

message 38: by Lilith (new)

You guys have to see A Quiet Place! It's not like your typical horror movie with ghosts and a whole bunch of "boo" moments...I'm generally not into those kinds of movies. It's SO INTENSE! It's such a unique plot. So worth it to see this movie, especially on the big screen. I'll copy/paste the trailer, in case anyone is curious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7cc...

message 39: by Lilith (new)

I just saw this movie yesterday called "Adrift" starring Shaileen Woodly. It was amazing! But if anyone goes to see it...be prepared...It's a real tear-jerker! The acting is amazing and it's based on a true story.

message 40: by Lilith (new)

I saw this movie on Netflix called "Brain on Fire" starring Chloe Grace Moretz. It's based on a true story. I read the book a few years ago. It's so good! I will copy, paste a brief synopsis from amazon if anyone is interested!

When twenty-four-year-old Susannah Cahalan woke up alone in a hospital room, strapped to her bed and unable to move or speak, she had no memory of how she’d gotten there. Days earlier, she had been on the threshold of a new, adult life: at the beginning of her first serious relationship and a promising career at a major New York newspaper. Now she was labeled violent, psychotic, a flight risk. What happened?

message 41: by Deborah (new)

I need to watch that!!

message 42: by Lilith (last edited Aug 29, 2018 06:34PM) (new)

Crazy Rich Asians IS all it's hyped up to be! It was so good! I especially liked the secondary protagonist, Rachel. She had such an easy going down-to-earth demeanor. And even though she was "Americanized" there was still something so different about her demeanor than other Chinese people. What a great character! And I know Ken Jeong didn't play a major role in the movie, but nonetheless, he always makes me laugh!

message 43: by Deborah (new)

I’ve read the first two books and the movie pretty much follows book one. I loved the movie. Maybe I’ll see it again.

message 44: by Lilith (new)

I wonder if they'll make a movie based on the second book! I didn't even know there WAS a second book!

message 45: by Deborah (new)

There are three!!!!

message 46: by Lilith (new)

WOW

message 47: by Lilith (new)

I just saw "A Star is Born" in theaters. It was so good!!!!!!!!

message 48: by Deborah (new)

I need to see it!!

message 49: by Lilith (new)

I just watched a movie on Netflix called The Kindergarten Teacher. It stars Maggie Gyllenhaal. She's such a good actress! The movie was really good. Here's a little description copied from IMDB if anyone's interested...

A kindergarten teacher in New York becomes obsessed with one of her students whom she believes is a child prodigy.

message 50: by Lilith (new)

Song from "A Star is Born" sung by Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga that EVEYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_ef...

« previous 1