What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. MG/YA book about a group of girls who IM each other constantly [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 5 comments So, this a book (possibly a series) that I read in probably 2009/2010. It's for tween girls and is about a group of 4-5 friends (all girls). I don't remember a whole lot except that they IM each other a LOT, one of the girls loves to play soccer, and one of them has to make cookies for a competion (I think the cookies were oatmeal-something-or-other). I also think they had a teacher whose name they made fun of (something along the lines of calling them something rude that sounded similar to their name. I.E. Mrs. Muenster/Monster). Possibly two of the girls were sisters, and they maybe had a dog? I've been scouring the internet and I can't find it. Any help is appreciated!

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 5 comments ALSO! I just remembered that the little sister is nervous on her first day because she has the mean teacher, and in that class she is goven a list of everything she has to have for the class. At some point after that her dad takes her to buy school supplies (reinforcements stick out to me, in particular). Also, the girl who plays soccer always keeps her room messy.

message 3: by Andria (last edited Jun 19, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2501 comments Mod
ttyl ttyl (Internet Girls, #1) by Lauren Myracle ?

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments If ttyl isn't it, you can also check out this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

message 5: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 5 comments It's not TTYL, and none of the books on that list seem right.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Maybe, Luv Ya Bunches Luv Ya Bunches (Flower Power, #1) by Lauren Myracle . Or, one of the other books from the "Flower Power" series
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4697...

If not:
Do you remember the location?
Time period/locations story takes place?

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 5 comments Unfortunately, that's not it either. I don't remember a distinct location, but the time period would have been current to the publication date, so probably somewhere between 2005 and 2010.

message 8: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 5 comments Good news! I was talking with a friend and the book is called 'Miss O and Friends: Trouble with a Capital O'. I can't believe she remembered it!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - Miss O and Friends: Trouble With a Capital O by Devra Newberger Speregen.