You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Team Four-Not Fourgotten REPORTING THREAD

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments This thread is for reporting books you have finished reading. Please include the title, the task your book fits, and who the tribute is for.

message 2: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments For those who need to check the rules and task list, here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments I have finished my first book, Brownies and Broomsticks, a cozy mystery, for the tribute to Pat Harrington Jr and Ken Howard.

message 4: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments My first book finished is The Sorrows of Young Werther, a classic, for tribute to Harper Lee. It was first published in 1776.

The version of the book I read has 201 pages, but includes another story, Novella. The actual page count for Sorrows of Young Werther is 176.

message 5: by Kerri (new)

Kerri I finished Hitler Youth: Growing Up in Hitler's Shadow which covers the soldier as a main character category,

message 6: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Finished Broken Promises, a cosy mystery, tribute to Pat Harrington Jr and Ken Howard.

message 7: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Finished Skin Deep, which has a character with an interezting mental health condition, for the Patty Duke tribute.

message 8: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments I have finished my second book, Suspect, by Robert Crais. It is a terrific book, and I highly recommend it. It turns out to fit multiple categories. When I started reading it, I figured it fit Patty Duke, mental health issues, since it is about a man and a dog who both suffer from PTSD. At some point I realized it would also fit Rob Ford, corruption. But I think my favorite category for it would be U.S. Military. One of the two main characters is retired marine dog Maggie.

message 9: by TrudyAn (last edited Jun 19, 2016 07:46PM) (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments My second book finished - Waiting, for David Bowie, book set in China.

message 10: by Kerri (last edited Jun 20, 2016 03:24AM) (new)

Kerri Finished Twisted Paths a cosy mystery, tribute to Pat Harrington Jr and Ken Howard.

message 11: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 697 comments Finished Ne me touche pas, a fantasy book, tribute to Alan Rickman

message 12: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments My third book finished, Elle, action/adventure, for Glen Frey.

message 13: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments My first book finished: Liefdesbrieven aan de sterren (= Love Letters to the Dead) by Ava Dellaira. Which can count for (contemporary) romance. David Bowie (very appropriate book: the main character writes letters to several famous (dead) musicians (and writers and others). I really loved it: 5 stars!

message 14: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I completed Charlotte's Web for the Pat Conroy tribute - Read a book that was made into a movie.

message 15: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I completed InterWorld in tribute of Alan Rickman - read a fantasy book.

message 16: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 697 comments Completed London 2012: What If? in tribute of David Bowie - a scifi book

message 17: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments I finished my second book, the first of a trilogy about 4 people above 60: Toen de wereld jong was by Marjan Berk.

message 18: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicoleman) | 18 comments I've finished Steelheart for the fantasy book task.

message 19: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments Have finished The Life We Bury for soldier as character (Memorial Day).

message 20: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments Read: The Coral Island against the Glenn Frey: Life in the Fast Lane – read an action/adventure book option.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for (appropriately) Alan Rickman – actor and director: Read a fantasy book.

message 21: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Finished The Great Escape Pat Conroy tribute, book made into a movie.

message 22: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Finished My Name Is Lucy Barton centered around family, a tribute to Earl Hamner Jr.

message 23: by Deborah (last edited Jun 22, 2016 03:13AM) (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments book #3 Read for David Bowie - Fame – Read a book with a celebrity in it. They don’t have to be a main character, but have to be more than a mention. I read about that most unlikely celebrity Comrade Corbyn: A Very Unlikely Coup: How Jeremy Corbyn Stormed to the Labour Leadership

message 24: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments Finished The Wars, for soldier as main character

message 25: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Another Pat Conroy tribute - finished Carrie (made in to a movie)

message 26: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments I finished First Frost for Paul Daniels, book with magical realism as a genre on its GR page.

message 27: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments I finished Naar het zuiden! and Te laat voor de lobelia's, both by Marjan Berk and both for the 'character above 60'-task.

message 28: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments Big book finished - Queen for Earl Hamner Jr - The Waltons: Read a book centered around a family.

message 29: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 697 comments Finished Thief - Tribute to David Bowie again - Read a contemporary romance

message 30: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments A sleepless night has allowed me to finish Teaching Pigs to Sing, for Prince, mode of transportation on cover (bike).

message 31: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicoleman) | 18 comments I finished Fire Touched for my best selling female author book.

message 32: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1646 comments Finished The Dressmaker of Khair Khana: Five Sisters, One Remarkable Family, and the Woman Who Risked Everything to Keep Them Safe, for Rob Ford, religion (book is set in Kabul, 1997-2001, when under Taliban control). This book was quite good, and a very quick read.

message 33: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Finished The Devil All the Time horror a tribute to Glenn Frey, Hotel California.

message 34: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 697 comments Finished Une nuance de vampire, a fantasy book, tribute to Alan Rickman

message 35: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments Finished Myth and Magic, a contemporary romance, for tribute to David Bowie.

message 36: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments finished Bone Crossed, a fantasy, paying tribute to Alan Rickman.

message 37: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments I finished Driving Mr. Dead, a fantasy, paying tribute to Alan Rickman.

message 38: by Kerri (new)

Kerri I finished Landline which fits a number of tributes.
I'll put it under contemporary romance, Modern Love David Bowie but feel free to move it if needed in another.

message 39: by Deborah (last edited Jun 25, 2016 02:02AM) (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments Paul Daniels: Read a book with a magician in it (more than just a mention), or a book with magical realism as a genre on its GR page. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Zaha Hadid: Read a book by a bestselling female author - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Jon English: read a play or musical script, or a book that was turned into a play or musical. The Alchemist - dreadful!

all 3 completed

message 40: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments I finished my last book for this Toppler - and just got a little worried that it wouldn't fit any task (I hadn't checked before I started reading...), but then I saw 'romance' for Glenn Frey, so that is my fit!

I read: Seizoen voor liefde by Stephanie Laurens. It was okay - I'm not really a fan of historical romances. I love historical fiction, but usually with more of a story (not just: boy meets girl, they fall in love, but before the happy-ending a lot of stuff happens...). But this one was a fast read - and so very good for a Toppler! :)

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahlou29) | 1302 comments I'm on my phone but I finished Alice Through The Looking Glass. It was a short book but it took me a little while to read I just couldn't get into it. Read it for the Harper Lee tribute for a classic.

message 42: by Ariane (new)

Ariane | 697 comments I finished my last book for this toppler, Le Prince de la Brume, tribute to Paul Daniels, Read a book with a magician in it (more than just a mention), or a book with magical realism as a genre on its GR page.

message 43: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I finished my final book After Dark, Paul Daniels tribute, magical realism.

message 44: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments Oh! I just realised I got it wrong and I can enter the last book I read - sorry, had been confused. Read as a classic for Harper Lee - Tom Brown's Schooldays

message 45: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2622 comments FINAL TOTAL = 45 books.

message 46: by Elsbeth (new)

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) | 1136 comments 45 books! Yay, not bad!