All the Books! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Other > Take 5 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
**RULES TO COME**

message 2: by Jen (last edited Jun 19, 2016 05:04PM) (new)

Jen The first person to post (in this case, me) chooses five books. Here are my five books:
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr Call of the Mall The Geography of Shopping by Paco Underhill The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey Catastrophic Happiness Finding Joy in Childhood's Messy Years by Catherine Newman

The next person to post would choose one of those five for me to read. Then that person would post his/her own list of five books. The third person to post chooses one book from the second person's list for that person to read and posts a list of her own, and so on. You can repeat the challenge again and post a new list of five as soon as you have finished the first book that was selected for you, and again after you have finished the second that was selected for you, and so on. Be warned that once you post, you may have to wait a few days to get your "challenge book" because the person who posts AFTER you is the one to choose it.

message 3: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
For you, I'd choose
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

^^Such a great book.

For me, what would you choose? I need a new book for my lovely business trip this week.
The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5) by Janet Evanovich Zoo by James Patterson A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb

message 4: by Brandy (last edited Jun 22, 2016 08:20AM) (new)

Brandy | 2533 comments You know what I am picking for you!
The Pursuit (Fox and O'Hare, #5) by Janet Evanovich

What will you pick for me?
Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (Dowser Series Book 6) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning The Return (Titan, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Kill City Blues (Sandman Slim, #5) by Richard Kadrey A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Brandy, I feel for you. I have been in the same position you have for a MONTH in our YA group! I am last in the challenge and no one has popped up to pick me one. I am trying to read mine quickly so I can come back in and grab one for you.

message 6: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2533 comments Jennifer wrote: "Brandy, I feel for you. I have been in the same position you have for a MONTH in our YA group! I am last in the challenge and no one has popped up to pick me one. I am trying to read mine quickly s..."

Well if I get the hankering to start one of these before the choice is made....I will do a little edit job :)

message 7: by Kerrie (new)

Kerrie Reeday | 3 comments Brandy I'm so glad I saw this post as I had forgotten about the Fever series and Burned is the next one for me so I'll start it right away. Hope it's ok to pick for you? If so then it has to be

Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning

What will my pick be?

The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau The Prophecy (The Fulfillment Series #1) by Erin Rhew A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The A-List (A-List, #1) by Zoey Dean Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 8: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2533 comments I pick A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas for you. It is one that I want to read too

What will you pick for me?

Captured (Fallen Siren, #0.5) by S.J. Harper Oblivion (Lux, #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Last of the Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #4) by Angie Fox Feverborn (Fever, #8) by Karen Marie Moning Fallen (Guardian Trilogy, #1) by Laury Falter

message 9: by Trina (new)

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments I pick Fallen (Guardian Trilogy, #1) by Laury Falter

My 5 are

Inherit the Dead by Jonathan Santlofer Curio (Curio #1) by Evangeline Denmark A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin Dead Ice (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #24) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Cry In The Night by Mary Higgins Clark

message 10: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I pick
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

My 5 are:
The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7) by Jeff Kinney Curious Minds (Knight and Moon, #1) by Janet Evanovich Well Read, Then Dead (A Read 'Em and Eat Mystery #1) by Terrie Farley Moran Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (The Dowser #2) by Meghan Ciana Doidge

message 11: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I read Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (The Dowser #2) by Meghan Ciana Doidge

My next 5 are:
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse, #1) by Dennis E. Taylor The Book Stops Here (A Bibliophile Mystery, #8) by Kate Carlisle Into the Water by Paula Hawkins Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.