What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Taken (Taken, #1)
This topic is about Taken
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Dystopian. Guy and girl live in a walled Community then escape [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jun 16, 2016 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments I read this last year and I think it's pretty recent. I listened to it on Audiobook, and have no idea what the cover would look like. I was sure that I'd added it to my read, but I scrolled through pages and pages and I couldn't find it there. It's possible I've missed it, but I looked a few times.

Read it in Canada in English

There's a girl and guy that live in a walled community with quite a low level of technology. I think that people didn't get very old. Maybe there was a ceremony when you reached a certain teen age and you vanished from the community.

The head person turns out to have a radio and is speaking to someone..(view spoiler)

"The guy escapes the community. I think the girl follows. They run around for a while and then are brought to a city with a high level of technology. Turns out they are some sort of experiment and there are more walled communities.

There's a rebellion, he (or they) escape and end up with the rebels who don't trust them. The rebels are in some sort of crevice or valley in the mountains that no one knows about. Then I think they are invaded by the people from the city but not sure.

message 2: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Lane | 6 comments this kind of sounds like divergent by veronica roth or Delirium by Lauren Oliver

message 3: by Jayme (new)

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments Yeah it's similar, but not so famous I think. I've read and enjoyed both of those, but they are sadly not the book I'm looking for.

Thanks for the try.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 22 comments Jayme wrote: "Taken?"

I agree, it sounds like taken. In book two the rebels are in a crevice in the mountains.

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments Yes, that's the book. Guess we cross posted. Thank you so much for finding it for me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Taken (other topics)