What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book - girl solves mystery with some of her sisters [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments Hi!

So this book I read somewhere between 2005-2009. It probably came out around that time too. I don't remember much about the plot, but I know that it focused around the main girl and her family, and was a mystery novel for children/young adults. The main character was probably 13 or 14. She has 7 sisters (or maybe there are 7 of them total?) and all of the girls are named after characters from shakespeare plays. There was definitely a scene where someone joked that her dad kept having kids in hopes of having a boy, but she just thought her parents liked kids. Her name is something along the lines of Olivia or Viola or something, I think its from the 12th night. They either move into a new house or are taking care of a neighbors house, and have to solve a mystery of some kind. The house is central to the mystery, I believe. I think that they keep getting phone calls which is important to the mystery, but I don't really remember that much of the plot.

Thank you for the help!

message 2: by Kristina Marie (new)

Kristina Marie | 137 comments Makes me think of The Penderwicks series The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy

This one has four sisters (there are more kids later in the series) Rosalind, Skye, Jane, and Batty. There is an old house, adventures, and a mystery.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments thats not it, but thanks for the suggestion! I do think the plot took place in the summer though

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments Thats not it either, I don't think the name is that relevant to the plot, it is just a detail I remembered that all of the sisters were named after shakespeare characters, thanks for the suggestion though!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments I found it! Its the Secret in the Attic (Seven sisters mysteries) by Ellen Miles.

Thanks for all the help!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Sarah. Here's the link - The Secret in the Attic by Ellen Miles.