What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Science Fiction - YA(?) - Boy with a computer chip (AI) in his brain [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jose (new)

Jose | 6 comments Hello! I have been searching for this particular book on and off for the past 3 years. Any help would be appreciated!

I believe this book takes place in the future in a different world. Im not too sure tho.. This book is about a boy that has a computer chip in his brain kinda like an AI that helps him with what ever he needs. The parents of this kid developed the technology and implanted it in the brain of their child. I believe some people wanted to steal the technology and ended up killing the parents(?) The kid is growing up with some people that the parents trusted.

One day he asks the computer chip a question but the chip doesn't answer since it was programmed to not give the kid certain information until he grew older. The kid then says he requires an answer and the computer chip is then forced to give him the information he is looking for(?)

Its not much to go off of but I don't remember much more of the details. Any help would be great! Thanks

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Could this be Amped?

People with disabilities get this chip to help them, but are discriminated against. The boy got it when he was pretty young.

message 3: by Jose (new)

Jose | 6 comments No, it doesn't look like its the same book.

If i remember correctly, the main character is the only person in the world that has this chip implanted. So he is in hiding from people that want to kill him and steal the technology.

Thanks for the suggestion tho! I might read amped it sounds pretty good!

message 4: by Jose (new)

Jose | 6 comments I just found the book!! Someone let me know it is called "starswarm"

Thanks for the help everyone!

message 5: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jun 15, 2016 07:03PM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Glad you found your book. There's a few Starswarms. What's the author's name of yours?

Amped is a pretty good book. I quite enjoyed it.

message 6: by Jose (new)

Jose | 6 comments It is by Jerry Pournelle

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Jose. Here's the link - Starswarm by Jerry Pournelle.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Starswarm (other topics)
Amped (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jerry Pournelle (other topics)