Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

2016 Archives > June Wrap Up

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
We've been reading and reading. I know that with the summer months right now everyone is going to be spending a lot of time getting their books together for the different read a thons that go on during the summer. Please feel free to post those when you come across them.

Then there are those of us who have been in a huge slump or even a huge slump with vacations thrown in there. Lets start discussing and sharing those books that we've been reading.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5) by Sara Shepard - This is a book 5 of the series I think. I have enjoyed the series so far. I have been reading them over the course of 5 or so years. So it's like a book a year. It seems to help me get out of reading slumps when I read them. I should probably learn from this but apparently I don't.
Insanity (Insanity #1) by Cameron Jace -Oh my gosh, while the synopsis sounds like this would be a great book let me tell you it is not. I was so horrified by this book. The writing was choppy to me and the story had it been written with the synopsis in mind would have been an excellent book. Even with the cliff hanger I will not be finishing this series.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita -I really actually enjoyed this book. It was funny and I loved the story. I also loved watching the main character grow.
Fables Legends in Exile (Fables, #1) by Bill Willingham -I enjoyed this graphic novel and it was a good graphic novel for me.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald -I really enjoy classics! So this was the first time for me reading this. I have seen a stage production of this and watched the movie and I loved it!