Start by marking “Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)

Wicked

(Pretty Little Liars #5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  46,277 ratings  ·  1,665 reviews
In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. . . .

Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a little too strongly of her mom's taste in men.

Now that Ali's killer is finally behind bars, the girls think they're saf
Library Binding, 312 pages
Published November 25th 2008 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.
Michaela
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hannah Rozen-wheeler Try your local library or bookstore. Amazon may also have it.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·
 ·  46,277 ratings  ·  1,665 reviews

Start your review of Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
Tylah Marie
Like always.. this series is always entertaining and you never find yourself feeling bored. Although this is only the 5th book in the series I've read - I did feel like something was missing. Suspense, maybe. The story never felt dull but I did feel like the heart of the story got a little bit lost.

Can't wait to read the next book! :)
Geraldine O'Hagan
Oct 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Ahmad Sharabiani
Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5), Sara Shepard

Former best friends Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily, who lost their best friend and leader, Alison, years ago when she disappeared, find themselves in grave danger when they pursue the truth.

A new "A" begins making threats. Ian denies being Alison's killer.

Emily finds herself confused about her sexuality once again, as she now has feelings for a boy she met at church, Christian singer Isaac. Emily tries to date Isaac without him finding out about her
Kate
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Wicked by Sara Shepard
Actual Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

This isn't 5 stars, because I'm still waiting for that PLL book that just blows me away... I do believe it's coming!! hahaha

I loved this instalment in the absolutely addicting PLL series!
This book was full of creepiness, intense moments, friendships, and not so much 'friend'ships...

I loved getting to see more of Kate she has a great name and Hanna's relationship, it was so interesting.
The matter going down with Aria and Xavier was also really inte
rachel ☾
3.5 stars - spoilers for the previous books in this series.

This series has always created mixed feelings for me, and rightly so. It's a thriller but at the same time its pitched for its entertainment value and that really is its best feature. I never know what to expect going into this books - something simply amusing or something with a but more chill factor? Wicked was the first book that I can happily say that managed to create a perfect blend of those two elements.

The book started off a lit
Meg
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This series is so good. The books get better every time. Stay tuned for reviews :)
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Ian Thomas is in jail awaiting trial and the girls are able to relax and return to their lives. Or can they??? Just when the reader thought that the mystery of A has been solved at the end of UNBELIEVABLE, more bizarre events await the girls of Rosewood.

Hanna, Spencer, Emily, and Aria slowly try to settle back into their normal lives. Hanna is working through the trauma of learning that her best friend tried to kill her. She tries to live with her soon-to-
Marisa
Aug 11, 2010 added it
Recommends it for: everyone 10+
Jenn
Ok, so everything we've read in the first 4 books has been alive and what we thought we knew is all wrong. Ali's killer is still out there. A is not who everyone thought it was. And Emily isn't gay - kinda...maybe?

Welcome to Rosewood where everything is a lie.

Sigh. These girls man. Honestly, they bring all of it on themselves. Also, is there any other memory of Ali these girls have? For being such good friends, these books only seem to talk about the sleepover where she disappeared and this stup
Shannon Rochester
Jul 16, 2020 rated it liked it
With Mona being dead, the girls thought that their A troubles were over...but a new A has shown up and they are pretty sure it is Ian, who Spencer remembers seeing with Ali the night she died. And while Ian admits he saw her,he denies being Alison's killer. So Ian is put in jail but later gets out so he can be there for his dying mother. And of course he goes missing...

Emily finds herself confused about her sexuality once again, as she finds herself having feelings for Isaac, a boy she met at ch
Caroline
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The addicting thing about this series is the mystery and unpredictability of it all! Who is the mysterious A? It wasn't Alison, but now Mona owned up to being A-but she fell off a cliff. Is it Ian? Is it Kate? Is it Jason?
This series is so painful sometimes to read, the way Spencer and Hanna get treated by their families. Hanna's dad and stepmom don't listen to Hanna at all. The golden child is Hanna's stepsister Kate, who is so evil that if she was my step sister I would have thrown my cleats a
Annabella
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Susan
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: at-home-library
I love the Pretty Little Liars series and I flew through this book.
Maud
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sequel
This book is clearly setting things up for this second arc. It is not as tense or exciting as some of the previous books though that ending definitely made things interesting!
Nikol
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very boring. Very problematic. Meh
Abby
Life is bustling in Rosewood, PA: there is a murderer on the loose; nasty girls snap at each other's throats; grown men make illegal romantic passes at teenage girls; under aged drinking goes unchecked... and just who is this mysterious A sending threatening messages to four former best friends?

Yup, that's right, it's Pretty Little Liars. Care to guess which installment this little snippet is about? I'll give you eight guesses!

While reading Wicked, I felt like I was stuck some sort of weird wor
M
Jul 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Ugh, these books are like my favorite flavor of ice cream. So delicious but very bad for me. I always wait in anticipation for each book to come out even though I know I'll just be left unsatisfied again! And it drives me crazy to the point that I just want the series to end so that I can find out all the secrets and be done with. Although I have to give points to Sara Shepard and Alloy Entertainment for keeping readers like me on a hook.

Anyways, this is the fifth book in the Pretty Little Liar
Briar's Reviews
Wicked was a fantastic novel by Sara Shepard that has me anxious for the next novel in this series!

If anything, this book felt to short. It was the same length as all the other novels, but it seemed to move to fast and not give enough information as to what was going to happen. I'm slightly lost as to where the plot will go, but I am definitely interested and hooked! Sara Shepard does an amazing job at making this book an addicting thriller!

Following these girls is also very interesting as we se
Autumn
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I was not crazy about this book. I felt that nothing actually happened and it built up to basically the last chapter. The end of the last chapter. It also seemed to have PLL TV dream logic and make little sense. Hanna seems like a terrible person in the book, and she is my favorite liar. I just do not know about continuing the book series. I am sure I will... eventually... but I am not jumping to it right now. It was okay, but nothing to write home about.
Nicole
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this book kinda drove my crazy. I feel like Hanna is seriously a huge drama queen. She thinks too much about what other people think and she is way too crazy -she truly believes everyone is out to get her. Drives me nuts, stop stressing you don't need to be the most popular. I don't think Ian had anything to do with Ali's death - he is innocent. ...more
Marcelino
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
It's annoyed how stupid they are. It seems like they don't think anything at all, specially Hanna... Oh god she is the worst of them. ...more
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book five in the Pretty Little Liars series

When is Ezra coming back? Because I sure as heck hope Aria does not cave in to Xaviar's ways. He's a liar and will hurt her.

Well Ian is dead. Obviously A killed him. And I get the feeling, he knew too much. He said someone else was there the night Ali was murdered. A blonde someone. Which gives my theory more evidence. Ali had a twin. An evil twin. Or it's possible, Ali's alive and the twin is the one dead. You never know. I could be completely wrong.
Sarah Elizabeth
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 5 in the ‘Pretty Little Liar’s’ series.
Ian’s in jail, and A. is dead, isn’t she?

This was an okay story, but I’d say it’s my least favourite of the series so far.

We had some new characters in this story, including Hanna’s step-sister Kate, who turned out to be a real girl-dog, and a new love interest for Aria, who also turned out to have some strange ideas when it came to family relations.
The storyline seemed to have moved on a bit from the ‘A’ bu
Kate
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Here's the thing about PLL books, they are the perfect weekend read and then when you think "I'm not going to read the next one", she hits you with a cliffhanger. ...more
rhea.
Oct 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
dnf at page 59
Kathryn Ford
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-fluff
Wow what an ending! Very good book. I keep forgetting to mention how great the chapter titles are, they're really creative. ...more
Janelle Dazzlepants
Sandra
It finally feels like the characters are growing up.

As for the plot; it's so much more twisted than the show. A lot more dramatic shit happens.

I love how Sara Shepard always weaves an event from the past into the current lives of the girls. It resurfaces memories of Ali and reveals things about the girls and other possible suspect. It also immortalizes Ali in some ways.

It's like an endless back to back, which is clever for hiding the real A or the real killer.
Iselin
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was frustrating. These four girls are frustrating. Has anyone else noticed the books always end with someone dying at a party or something? I wouldn’t party in Rosewood, doesn’t seem safe ... anyway, I’m realizing now that my favorite POV to read from is Spencer’s and I really loathe book-Hanna. I’m glad they made her slightly more digestable in the series. Enjoyable read, as always.
A Million More Pages: 5 - Wicked (PLL): May 15 45 33 Jun 05, 2015 08:48AM
YA lovers <3: Wicked 1 1 Jul 07, 2014 11:37PM
review 1 8 Sep 18, 2013 06:13PM
Who is on your A suspect list? 18 57 Aug 10, 2013 01:27PM

• You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • The Clique (The Clique, #1)
  • Ramona Revelada
  • The Call II
  • Massie (Clique Summer Collection, #1)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • A Tale of Two Pretties (The Clique, #14)
  • Bratfest at Tiffany's (The Clique, #9)
  • My Little Phony (The Clique, #13)
  • Infamous (It Girl, #7)
  • Uygarlık Tarihi
  • Sevgilerde (Kendi Seçtiği Şiirleri)
  • Rolling Dice
  • Confessions (Private, #4)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line. ...more

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)