Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > #8 Read-a-thon: Let's Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Here is our "chat room" for our Eighth readathon!

I will keep this open even though we haven't started the readathon so we can talk about the books we may want to read during the week of the readathon or to get excited and pumped for the readathon!

Have fun!

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm so excited for this!!
I'm really behind in my reading!!

BUT I will be quiet over the next few days, as you guys making reading lists and chat!

I will be camping - but I'll catch up as soon as I get back :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) *Reserved*

To - Read:

Read:

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1057 comments I would love to join the challenge, but I just started a summer job last week as a camp counselor! There aren't very many camps next week, so many I'll have the week off....

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I don't know how much I'll be able to read because I have a week long commitment morning through afternoon Monday-Friday, but I'm going to try and read a lot. I probably won't though, but maybe I'll surprise myself. :)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4400 comments I don't know how much I will get done since I am on vacation from work that week and have some day trips planned. I will try to finish at least a couple books though.

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay Jessica!! I love camp counseling jobs!! I volunteer almost all summer as an adult at various summer camps. it's so much fun!
I hope you have fun!

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Fingers crossed for both of you Amanda and Anna! I hope you have good weeks but also get time to read!

message 9: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I love our read-a-thons!

message 10: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Vicki wrote: "I love our read-a-thons!"

Me too! :D

message 11: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I'm hoping this help me get back on track for reading. I was catching up but then I took two days off because I got into a reading slump where I didn't want to read much. Plus, I'm thinking I will work on my June/July challenge reads!

Any ideas on what you will be reading?

message 12: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Woop! I am so excited for this. I want to get a TON of reading done :D Still not sure what books I have in mind but I'm gonna start searching soon

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Glad to see how excited everyone is! I leave for vacation on June 24th but I am hoping to get as MUCH reading done as possible. I also have a few appointments that week (one being getting my braces off, YAY!) so we shall see. I am excited though!!

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jacque, you'll have to send me a picture once your braces are off!! The last pic you sent me you were only 12! Lol

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I will! Oh boy, I've changed quite a bit (hopefully for the better LOL)!

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments You definitely have changed a lot! Good luck with the braces!

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thank you!

message 18: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I think the first book I'm going to read is Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

message 19: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) Good luck to you guys. I'm definitely going to be reading A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas , but I'm not sure what else yet. I read the first book last night and oh my goodness, I loved it. T_T

message 20: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I have a buddy read set for the first one on the 25 :) I'm excited for it.

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 123 comments My goal is to read 5/6 books. Hope I can do it. on the list there's so far I've got: The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan , Sunrise (Ashfall, #3) by Mike Mullin , A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm so so excited too!
I think, now that our current Day Camp is over today, I'll get my pile of books ready to read tonight! :D

message 23: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3163 comments I don't know what I reading yet. Depends on my challenges

message 24: by Katriann (last edited Jun 17, 2016 02:33PM) (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2179 comments This is gonna be so much fun. I'll be visiting the countryside during the read-a-thon so I just hope I'll be able to get online. I think I'm gonna start with Endure (Need, #4) by Carrie Jones . The other books I may consider reading are The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld, #41; Tiffany Aching, #5) by Terry Pratchett Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins and The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black .

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I LOVED Darkest Part of the Forest.
ooh, a little break to the countryside! I hope you enjoy it!

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Well....looks like I have a few books to pick from.
For now, this is the pile I'll have (not that I will read them all)

Buddy reads:
The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry The Year of Falling in Love (Sunnyvale, #2) by Jessica Sorensen Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1) by Stacey Kade Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas This Is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang

Challenges
End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop

Other:
Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2) by Anne Blankman Deadfall (Blackbird, #2) by Anna Carey Get Dirty (Don't Get Mad, #2) by Gretchen McNeil Ascending the Boneyard by C.G. Watson Jillian Cade (Fake) Paranormal Investigator by Jen Klein No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto The Rules by Nancy Holder Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4400 comments Not sure yet what I will read but here are some I am thinking about.

Buddy Read:
The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1) by Stacey Kade

Other:
Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1) by Amy A. Bartol The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey Water's Wrath (Air Awakens #4) by Elise Kova

message 28: by Kikijanika (last edited Jun 18, 2016 04:33AM) (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments I'll probably start with The Shepherd's Crown.
Then maybe Unspeakable, Artemis Fowl and World After

message 29: by Danni (new)

Danni (luciepurr) | 206 comments This one is going to be a test of self-discipline, considering that the new Orange is the New Black season came out earlier today so instead of binging on that I'll be reading!

message 30: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I need to read these (probably won't get them all done)

Challenges:
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion #3) by Aimee Carter

Buddy Reads:
Firstlife (Everlife, #1) by Gena Showalter (to finish) Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Danni wrote: "This one is going to be a test of self-discipline, considering that the new Orange is the New Black season came out earlier today so instead of binging on that I'll be reading!"

Yay! I hope you can do a little a both :)
but mainly reading lol

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 18, 2016 08:59PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Darn, I did not get the reading done today I was hoping. I had hoped to start all new books but I have 2 I'm in the middle of ....

My husband and I spent the evening watching movies and so i didn't get my reading done :)

but I'm ready to start in 2 min! Anyone else still up and ready to start?

message 33: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments It's start time? I was thinking it's tomorrow night!! Lol

message 34: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments And I'm up by the way for at least 3 hours!

message 35: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha, I did the same thing except I ended up taking 3 of my grandsons to see Finding Dory in 3D. I haven't been watching the clock but for some reason totally was thinking I start tomorrow night at 9 (the 19th) but for me it's the 18th at 9, so staying up later is easier for me.

Anyway so I also have some books I wanted to finish first, but this year I might not finish them until after because I want to TRY reading 10 books, but you know my busy schedule summer or not, so doubtful but I'm going to try.

GOOD LUCK READING EVERYBODY!!! :o)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I didn't realize that this started! I kept thinking that it started at midnight, but I didn't factor in the time difference. I'm going to try and read some before I go to bed. :)

message 37: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3163 comments I'm listening to Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older and reading You Make Me (Blurred Lines, #1) by Erin McCarthy

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! so glad you guys are still up!!
I just read about 100 pages :)
and so far I hope to stay up a little later!

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Hey, Trisha, you referenced mad libs and bingo for points. Are we doing that and if so where are they?

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4400 comments I wasn't online when this started, but I was still awake and read 173 pages. I should be able to finish my first book today before heading to the baseball game.

message 41: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments This started exactly the same time as my work shift. Now I'm finally home and can start reading :) Yay!

message 42: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Hey everyone!

I don't think I'll get a lot of reading done today. I was just at church. We are going to the cemetery to visit my grandfather and then we are going to a baseball game to celebrate Father's Day. I am excited! However, this means little to no reading today... :( I'll try to squeeze some in tonight!

Good luck everyone!

message 43: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Good luck everyone :D

I'm going to continue with Daylighters (Morganville Vampires, # 15) by Rachel Caine first and then figure out what else I'll read this week :)

message 44: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 19, 2016 08:12AM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Vicki wrote: "Hey, Trisha, you referenced mad libs and bingo for points. Are we doing that and if so where are they?"

No...I forgot to remove that from the points structure.
Just good ol' reading and points for this read-a-thon :)

message 45: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 19, 2016 08:13AM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! I finished one of my "in progress" books yesterday

so now I can start a new one (and I'm charging my kindle to start a buddy read :D)

new book: Dreamers Often Lie by Jacqueline West
buddy read: Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1) by Alicia Rades

message 46: by Katriann (new)

Katriann (annelisreadingroom) | 2179 comments It's been such a busy day because of yoga and gym. I'm just now starting to read. :D Well, luckily I can spend most of the evening reading. I'm determined to finish the last 30 pages of Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown before starting any new books, though.

message 47: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) I've started my first book finally. It's quite good so far. :)

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I loved Red Rising!! Good luck Katriann! I hope you have lots of hours of reading in front of you :)

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I just finished my first full book

now starting my next one! hopefully I can finish it quick and start another 1 or 2 tonight!! :)

How's everyone doing?

I'm glad you're first one was good, Bookbuyer. My first one was only 2 stars :/

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 19, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Trisha wrote: "I just finished my first full book

now starting my next one! hopefully I can finish it quick and start another 1 or 2 tonight!! :)

How's everyone doing?

I'm glad you're first one was good, Bookb..."

GJ Trisha!

Mine might be heading to a DNF now. I'm going to stick it out till at least chapter 5 or so though. :/

« previous 1