What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Books about a sick girl who draws with a pencil then dreams about drawing each night [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judie (new)

Judie  Stanford (judie_stanford) | 4 comments Hi, I read this book when I was a child.

If I remember correctly, it was about a sick girl who's given a drawing pencil while recovering. She draws a picture with the pencil and then dreams about her drawing that night. She adds to the drawing the next day, and then she dreams about the drawing plus additions that night. Days pass, and each day a new element is added to the drawing, and she dreams about it later that night. Eventually, she adds teeth to the rocks she drew, and that adds a menacing element to her dream of a boy she sees in the window of the house she's drawn. Hopefully, I'm not adding anything that wasn't in the book -- but that's about the best I can do with a memory from over 40 years ago. Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 85 comments Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr

message 3: by Judie (new)

Judie  Stanford (judie_stanford) | 4 comments THANK YOU!! =D

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 85 comments That's ok it's a great book. I really want to read again too.

message 5: by Judie (new)

Judie  Stanford (judie_stanford) | 4 comments I just bought it on Kindle. Thank you again!

message 6: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 85 comments You're welcome. This a great group isn't it? I found one book I was looking for I hope someone can help me find the others.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr.

message 8: by CLM (new)

CLM | 302 comments And there's a sequel!

message 9: by Judie (new)

Judie  Stanford (judie_stanford) | 4 comments I'll have to look for the sequel. Thanks for the heads up!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Marianne Dreams (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Catherine Storr (other topics)