What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 80s/90s MG: girl with ghost best friend, possible series? [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennieiris) | 2 comments Hi there! I've been trying to find this book series (?) for years now.

From what I remember, there is a young girl (10-12) living in a small New England town (I think?). She befriends a young ghost girl of a similar age, who may have been killed in a fire. The girl is the only one who can see her, and they cause some mischief every once in awhile (I seem to recall getting revenge on a bully, for one). I also think one of the major plotlines was that the ghost girl needed to move on, but they were sad to let each other go.

I want to say it had 3-4 books. I vaguely recall a cover including a girl sitting in a window, facing a tree.

This would have been late 80s/early 90s when I read it, and as I recall, the covers were pretty typical for MG/YA of the era. (You know the type: pastel portrait-type covers.)

Thank you for any help you can give me!

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments I think that's the Haunting with Louisa series https://www.goodreads.com/series/4501...

message 3: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennieiris) | 2 comments YES! Thank you so much, Holly.