What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Story Time
This topic is about Story Time
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Red cover with a devil on it? [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Daphne | 65 comments Hey, does anyone know of a book with a red cover with a little devil on it? I don't remember much about it, only really the cover. The only part of the story that I remember is that a girl (and I think another family member, a cousin maybe?) go to a school for smart people. I think the school was on top of a library, but it might not be. Sorry, I know it's not much info. Also, if you know a book that sounds like that but with a different cover, it might be it, just with a different cover. Thanks so much!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
When did you see this? Also where - bookstore, library, somewhere else?

Daphne | 65 comments I saw the book at the library maybe 3 years ago? Also, it was a middle grade book I believe.

message 4: by Empress (last edited May 09, 2014 06:36AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) | 228 comments Any chance it is this one? - Damned (Damned #1) by Chuck Palahniuk

Edit: I just realized that this might not be a middle grade book!

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (weareattached) | 218 comments Never Bet the Devil & Other Warnings by Orrin Grey or maybe The Number Devil A Mathematical Adventure by Hans Magnus Enzensberger

message 6: by Sarah (last edited May 09, 2014 09:25AM) (new)

Sarah (seiren) | 75 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I'm pretty sure this is it! She and her uncle, who's younger than her (surprise baby), go. One of them's a genius, but the other's not, so they're surprised. It turns out the school changed the district of their house to pull them in.

Daphne | 65 comments To Sarah:

Omg thanks you soon much! That's the book! I've spent forever! Looking for this book. Thanks so much! (Also, thanks to anyone else who commented :-)

message 8: by Michele (new) - added it

Michele | 2425 comments Story Time Story Time by Edward Bloor for the cover and click.