What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy book - 7 sisters magically turn into birds, live in creepy old house [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean (last edited Jun 08, 2016 11:11PM) (new)

Jean Robinson | 9 comments The sisters would all turn into birds (ravens?) and sit on the roof of the house creeping out passers-by. The protagonist was maybe the youngest sister and she was trying to break away from her sisters' control over her life. I think there was a boy that had befriended her but there was something sad about their relationship. I think this was published in the late 70's / early 80's. It had this really haunting quality to the story is what I remember most, sorry I can't remember more details.

PS: I think it was 7 sisters, it might have been a different number.

message 2: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley (rivertam) | 93 comments The Wicked,Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Jean, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book.

The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase for Shelley's suggestion.

message 4: by Jean (last edited Aug 27, 2016 04:09PM) (new)

Jean Robinson | 9 comments Shelley wrote: "The Wicked,Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase"

YES! That is it! Thank you Shelley you solved the mystery. Looking through the various covers I remember it now, it was the 1971 Scholastic Books edition. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thank you again!

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean Robinson | 9 comments Kris wrote: "Jean, I moved your request to the Unsolved folder because you're looking for a specific book.

The Wicked, Wicked Ladies in the Haunted House by Mary Chase for Shelley..."

Kris. Shelly was right, this is the book. How do I moved this to the SOLVED section?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Moved to Solved (you can use the edit link next to your header, unless you are on the app).

Popular book - requested 4x now.