Gore and More discussion

Authors > Brian Lumley

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
With so many multi-part series in horror fiction today, it's almost hard to remember a time when a sequel was a rare thing. Lumley's Necroscope series was the first that I remember that were actual sequels to each other. They featured the cheesy/cool vampire skull covers on the jacket. Inside, the stories were absolute top-notch. By combining ESP and multiple universes to explain the origin of the vampire mythology, Lumley broke new ground in a genre that was old and tired. His vampires certainly didn't sparkle and each subsequent story in the series got better and better.

Has anyone else had the pleasure of digging into these?

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom | 17 comments I read the first one recently and loved it. I have the second sitting there waiting...

message 3: by Kenneth (new)

Tom wrote: "I read the first one recently and loved it. I have the second sitting there waiting..."

As good as the first one is, the second and third are even better.

message 4: by Kieron (new)

Kieron I read necroscope recently and enjoyed it. How many of this series have you read Ken? I remember thinking do I really want to start another massive series like this.

message 5: by Kenneth (new)

I've read the first three, but I have just about all of them that Lumley has put out. I really need to bust out #4 and get going.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I read the first two but my interest started waning. The future plot seems out there to me with the dimension stuff, and I'm not into all the spy politics.

message 7: by JL (new)

JL Shioshita (uberproductions) | 40 comments I haven't read any of that series but just discovered his Titus Crow stuff. Been listening to the first book and I'm enjoying it.

message 8: by Gianfranco (new)

Gianfranco Mancini | 2 comments Lumley's Necroscope rocks! One of my most favourite sagas ever :)