Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > All Extinct Teams Chatter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 281 (281 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 08, 2016 12:47PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30802 comments Mod
Snarling Sabertooths Mellow Mammoths
Terror Birds Dire Wolves

Chat with your fellow Extinct Teams here!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30802 comments Mod

message 3: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments Chat away!

message 4: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 1753 comments Hi fellow extinct teams!

message 5: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3968 comments Hey guys checking in from mellow mammoth team :)

message 6: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments Why do the pics look like the other three teams ganged up to beat up the Terror Bird. Look at how bedraggled he looks :-D

message 7: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 1753 comments Venecia wrote: "Why do the pics look like the other three teams ganged up to beat up the Terror Bird. Look at how bedraggled he looks :-D"

That terror bird doesn't look very intimidating, but maybe that's to make the other teams underestimate him (her? them?)

message 8: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 9604 comments Mod
Sabertooths would never gang up on anyone.. tsk.. what horrible assumptions!

message 9: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Hi everyone :-)

message 10: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments maria helena wrote: "Venecia wrote: "Why do the pics look like the other three teams ganged up to beat up the Terror Bird. Look at how bedraggled he looks :-D"

That terror bird doesn't look very intimidating, but mayb..."

I know everyone else is putting their best blue steel fierce face forward and TB is like pass the spliff bro. Lol.

message 11: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments What team are you on Maria Helena?

message 12: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 1753 comments The Dire Wolves!

message 13: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I feel kind of an affinity for the Terror Birds - like we're kind of related... LOL

message 14: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments Well actually dire wolves, before they became wolves, had image that was similar to TB. Buuut since it was huge snake, and captain and mentor have little problems with snakes (there was little fear people will start posting snake images and it's hard to check up on team if you are scared to open thread :P) they got new face and name. It was actually hard to find wolf image that wasn't connected to Game od Thrones.

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) Hi everyone, from Terror Birds! We might look small but we are mighty! Ca-caw!

Lol, I am so cheesy.

message 16: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments Oh yeah I'm a Terror Bird :-D

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 974 comments ❀Tea❀ wrote: "Well actually dire wolves, before they became wolves, had image that was similar to TB. Buuut since it was huge snake, and captain and mentor have little problems with snakes (there was little fear..."

I was thinking they were one of the mythical teams. I forgot that they were a real animal. The La Brea Tar Pits museum has a whole section on them and their skeletons that were found there. There were a lot. Also mammoths and saber tooth tigers.

Us terror birds were long gone by that point.

message 18: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments That museum sounds awesome...

message 19: by Tara Bieck (new)

Tara Bieck | 1259 comments I need to go sometime to the Tar Pits...it's not that far from me, and I've worked in LA a few times and forget to go there!

Morning all...super excited to get this party started next Friday! is it time yet??!!! And Tea, I'm glad you found something to replace the snakey thing....wolves are the bestest! I'm good with my Terror Bird, but if I'd had to pick, I'd have picked the wolf!

message 20: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments I agree, the dire wolf is very cool! I didn't know it was a real animal but love them in GoT!

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments I like the Snakey thing myself!!! Wish we could have been the Anaconda's long lost relative!

message 22: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments I'm a fan of the big cats, so It would have been Sabertooth for me if I had to choose.

message 23: by Natalie (last edited Jun 10, 2016 10:29AM) (new)

Natalie | 974 comments Tara Jo wrote: "I need to go sometime to the Tar Pits...it's not that far from me, and I've worked in LA a few times and forget to go there!

Morning all...super excited to get this party started next Friday! is i..."

I grew up in Pasadena so I went there on a school trip when I was young. My husband was really excited by the name so we went when were visiting the area recently. I think it''s free to just walk around but the museum isn't too expensive. We didn't go in the observation areas.

Also I was wrong, they have mastodons, not mammoths.

http://www.tarpits.org/la-brea-tar-pi...

message 24: by Eldarwen (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "Hi everyone, from Terror Birds! We might look small but we are mighty! Ca-caw!

Lol, I am so cheesy."

I can't help it that makes me think of the movie "Evolution" where Sean William Scott is trying to attract a giant alien bird in a mall by yelling "Ca-Caw" through a mic, before he starts singing haha.

message 25: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments One night at dinner we were in a goofy mood so when my daughter asked me what we would have named her if we hadn't named her "Sydney", I told her "Ca-Caw"

I have no idea why we found that so funny but it's not like you can just say "ca caw" -- you gotta make the ca-caw sound so any of our neighbors who happened to be out in the neighborhood while we were outside eating dinner laughing and saying ca-caw about 40 times probably steered clear of us after that!

message 26: by Eldarwen (new)

That museum really does sound amazing! Shame that it's so very, very far away from me ;-)

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3421 comments Tara Jo wrote: "I need to go sometime to the Tar Pits...it's not that far from me, and I've worked in LA a few times and forget to go there!

Morning all...super excited to get this party started next Friday! is i..."

Greta wrote: "That museum sounds awesome..."

It really is wonderful! And a few times a year they do homeschool days, when they have tours but they don't have any school field trips going through. And it's free! I've taken my kids once. I think it might be time to go again, though. My oldest (Rachel) is really interested in Paleontology.

message 28: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 4825 comments That museum sounds really cool!!

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) Eldarwen wrote: "ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "Hi everyone, from Terror Birds! We might look small but we are mighty! Ca-caw!

Lol, I am so cheesy."

I can't help it that makes me think of the movie "Evolution" ..."

Tookie tookie!

I love that movie.

message 30: by Greta (new)

Greta | 1459 comments Laura, my kids are so interested in Dino's, I think they'd love this too.

message 31: by Eldarwen (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "Eldarwen wrote: "ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) wrote: "Hi everyone, from Terror Birds! We might look small but we are mighty! Ca-caw!

Lol, I am so cheesy."

I can't help it that makes me think of the m..."

Lol yess, aaah I think I will have to watch that movie this weekend!! :-)

message 32: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 2575 comments So the dead can finally converse...interesting...

message 33: by Venecia (new)

Venecia | 995 comments Abbie wrote: "So the dead can finally converse...interesting..."

I think Tea is a medium. Remember all those trips to the spooky mountain? She just came back from a refresher course and now we know why.

message 34: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 946 comments Oh, hi, everybody! I just noticed this thread;) I'm a Terror Bird.

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 79 comments Hi everyone,

Jennifer here from Dire Wolves. I'm loving this challenge already and we haven't even started. I think it's cool that they put a thread together for our groups to chat. Great way to get to know the extinct teams. (although I think our pic looks like it should go with the mythological teams) ;))

message 36: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments *shakes head*
I'm trolling my own teams....

message 37: by Ozana (new)

Ozana Ozzy (barbozzy) | 1018 comments Hi eveeyone,
Ozana from Dire wolves. I love Extinct annimals Team. I saw mammoth in ice, preserved for long long time, I love Dodo bird from Tasmania and sabre tooth tiger but I didn't know that Dire wolves were real animals..I didnt sea fossils or reconstrucion of Dire wolves. Is this like Game of thrones wolves like Starks children have/had..like Ghost or Summer?
We have natural museum of Science and we learned in schools about extinct animals a lot

I can't wait for challenge to start, I love long challenges.

message 38: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments I was surprised when I saw them on the list of extinct animals. I too thought they were Martin's imagination. wiki
From description I guess he did use real dire wolves for his books. I know I had trouble finding image that wasn't GoT connected. And ended up with more myth than extinct animal :P But it looks cool

message 39: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 1753 comments I also thought Dire Wolves was a fictional animal.

message 40: by ❀Tea❀ (new)

❀Tea❀ (ttea) | 9471 comments Apparently dire wolf was real, and direwolf is fictional :P

message 41: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1607 comments Hello everyone - another mellow mammoth popping in. Didn't notice this thread had opened. I like being a mammoth - I keep thinking of Mr Snuffleupabus from Sesame Street.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 4906 comments Yes, Snuffy.. my favourite Muppet.

message 43: by Letitia (new)

Letitia (letitiak3) | 151 comments Or Manny from ice age! We just watched that yesterday. :)

message 44: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 4692 comments I love Snuffy!! I've never seen Ice Age.

message 45: by Berit☀️✨ (new)

Berit☀️✨ (berittalksbooks) You should watch that in honor of being on an extinct animal team :-)

message 46: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 2575 comments ...so we make poor Tea open this thread...and All I hear are those extinct crickets that didnt quite make the Wobble team board...

message 47: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 980 comments Ca-Caw, Ca-Caw

message 48: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 2575 comments ...and all this time I thought crickets chirped!

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 1422 comments Yay!!!

What game?

message 50: by Abbie (last edited Jun 13, 2016 04:11PM) (new)

Abbie | 2575 comments Gif-off!

Post a Gif, that you thought of when you saw the Gif before you!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6