Start by marking “Bare-Knuckle Love (Rabid Mongrels MC #1)” as Want to Read:
Bare-Knuckle Love (Rabid Mongrels MC #1)

Bare-Knuckle Love

(Rabid Mongrels MC #1)

— FIGHT TO THE DEATH. LOVE TO THE BONE. —

Jason is back in his home town and trying to make money the only way he knows – in an illegal MMA fight. Bare knuckles. Hardly any rules. All he needs to do is… lose.

Published June 24th 2015 by Acerbi & Villani ltd. (first published June 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bare-Knuckle Love, please sign up.
K.A. Merikan Hey Lynda! On the 24th :) We'll make it available on AllRomance, Amazon, etc. Though it will probably take a few days for Amazon to price-match it as…moreHey Lynda! On the 24th :) We'll make it available on AllRomance, Amazon, etc. Though it will probably take a few days for Amazon to price-match it as free. (less)

Start your review of Bare-Knuckle Love (Rabid Mongrels MC #1)
Eda**
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok

** 1,5-2 “I notice you now.” STARS **

“You want that d*ck f*cking you hard, don’t you? That’s why you lost.”

“I do… That’s what I think I want.”

“Me too. I’m gonna hold you down so that you can’t run.”

“I won’t run. I’ll take everything you’ve got.”

description

Ugh. No. Just...no.

There is NOTHING wrong with bottoming for someone. But you don't have to be A COMPLETE P*SSY either.

description

Before we start, I want to remind everyone that I am a big fan of the Guns n' Boys series and most of the books in the Sex and
Judith
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** 3.5 STARS ***

HYDE

JASON

Jason is down on his luck,no money,no job,no home,he has no one that cares about him.So he makes a deal with a prospect from the Rabid Mongrels MC to lose a fight.However,when he's in the ring he spots Hyde...his high school crush.He cannot stand the shame of losing in front of him so he ignores what he was supposed to do and wins the fight.

Hyde(president of the club) is furious and wants retribution.Jason is taken to the Club and subjected to an act of
K.A. Merikan
Jun 02, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It's out!!! :D
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... in five days, the download will be available :)) Hope you guys enjoy it! This one's dark, gritty, sexy, and all kinds of wrong.
Just look at this cover by Natasha Snow :>

Bare-Knuckle Love
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 1 WTF IS THIS SH@T Heart! >__<

To be honest, I got curious about this after reading a friend's update, and come on, who can pass up some hot man-on-man action?? Well, this was a bust for me. Bare-Knuckle Love has a promising premise, however, it's execution is sorely lacking. The only reason this didn't end up a DNF is due to Jason. I genuinely felt bad for him and all that he had endured in life. He was a lost man, and my heart (the idiot) fell for him. And grudgingly, I admit,
Bark
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebie, m-m
Hmmm, how to rate that this one? I'll start with a 3 and see what I end up with once I spew out my thoughts.

Bare-Knuckle love is a little too weird to be believable. Jason is out of cash, unemployed and agrees to lose a bare-knuckle underground cage fight. During the fight he spots an old high school crush in the crowd and his pride forces him to throw common sense out the window and he wins the fight.

This isn’t the weird part.

The weirdness begins when it disclosed that the crush is the leader
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
3 StArS

Didn't quite feel the vibe with this one!

But I have to say I am a huge fan of this author, I adore the Guns n' Boys series and have enjoyed most of the books in the Sex and Mayhem series too.

Maybe it was just my bad!!
* A Reader Obsessed *
2.5 to 3 Stars???

Warning. This was all sorts of dirty and crude.

I don't know why I picked this to read because I usually don't like such harsh reality. I guess my curiosity got the best of me. So if you like the questionable morals and gritty brutality of underground MMA fighting and MC clubs, then this is for you.

To sum it up, this had violence, humiliation, desperation, uncontrolled lust, and crazy smex. I just could not look away. Oh no doubt, this made me uncomfortable, and it definitely
Ele
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

*sigh* Wow, this was harsh. I mean, it was so gritty and violent. And the blood and the blackmail on top of it all. *sigh* I don't know, it just felt so wrong...Maybe they took it too far this time...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Who am I kidding, I LOVE that shit!

This prompt image was created for K.A.Merikan. It had it all, blood and hot guy on the run, ready to fight. The hot stud in the pic is Jason. I loved Jason, he is the gentle giant...when he doesn't bite people. And Hyde, well...Hyde is a
Breann

KA Merikan

=

___________________________________________

Actual review:

Jason needs to make a buck. The best way he can do that is by fighting. Only thing is, part of the deal is to lose. But when he sees his old crush, Hyde, in the audience, he forgets all about the deal.

Too bad Hyde is the guy he was supposed to lose for. Now Hyde has him in his clutches... and he's not too happy.

Hyde is a crazy
~Mindy Lynn~
still free 10-23-15

I was browsing books on Amazon, like I do, and came across this one and it's FREE for those of you interested. Pick it up while you can, Dolls!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.5-3*
I am a big fan of these ladies and love some of their other books but, Oi! This one just didn't do it for me. And I was so excited too! The blurb sounded amazing and I was so into book cover lust that I thought for sure this would be awesome. But in the end I just
Samantha
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
4.5

Jason has made a deal - go down, get money. It sound simple, and it is, or at least until a face from the past appears and he can't seem to let himself lose, not in front of Hyde.

The problem? Well, you make a deal and people tend to hold you to that. So when he's taken by the Rabid Mongrels MC, the last thing he expects is to be face-to-face with Hyde (or face-to-cock but semantics.)

So what do you expect when you read a story by K&A? I can tell you that I expect steam and grit and
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Is An Open Road event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

2.5 stars That picture looks like a ripped Eminem. But I digress. I wanted to like this more than I did. It was labeled dub-con so I thought it would be pretty gritty and fucked up, but really, it was just kinda sad. After all the physical and emotional abuse at the hands of his father and brother, Jason's self-esteem is so in the shitter that he needs a good
Em
Right up my street. Brutal and loved it.
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist

Noooooooo, why did it have to end just when it became so *beep* good???

I demand a full length novel!!!

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

I rarely rate short novellas/stories more than 3 stars, because they always seem lacking in comparison to full length novels, but I was so tempted when it comes to Bare-Knuckle Love by K. A. Merikan.

Dark, raw, thrilling, emotional & deliciously dirty.

Bare-Knuckle Love is not for those faint of heart, because despite the story's
Cory
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved it! I thought it was hot and sexy! Plus, I really love enemies to lovers type of stories.

I really loved Hyde's family as well. I definitely would read a lot more about Jason and Hyde as well as some of the other guys in the MC. Two thumbs up!!
Makhda
Enemies to lovers? Long-time crush? GFY/OFY? *ears perked up*. I can't help it. I have a soft spot in that.

This is some angsty sh*t right here. Harsh, raw, and gritty. What if the person you have always been in loved with turned out to be a manipulative asshole? Jason had been in loved with Hyde since high school. He used to follow him around like a lovesick puppy. Too bad Hyde didn't even know him. And what are the odds, faith has put them in the line again. He's even more worse than before.

♣️ Lynda ♣️
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Jason. Oh how I love Jason! He's tough but oh so sweet. *swoon*

What? You wanna keep me?

Jason has had such a shit life and just wants someone to want him. Why not his high school crush Hyde?

This book is harsh! It's doesn't go easy on the reader. I must admit I got teary when we heard about Jason's upbringing. Poor Ratso!! I may have a lot of kinks, but humiliation is not one of them so I found it hard to get beyond Hyde's asshole behavior and attitude.

Hyde snorted. "Yeah, and one
Tpagirl
Bare-Knuckle Love was the first book in the Rabid Mongrels MC and the first I've read by K.A. Merikan. I look forward to more.

Jason was an underground fighter. He fought for money so he allowed himself to lose in a fixed fight when it was financially advantageous. He was in the middle of one of these fights when he spotted his high school crush that he hadn't seen in ten years. Jason determined he wouldn't lose while his longtime crush, Hyde, was watching. Unfortunately he didn't realize Hyde
Renée
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, mm-romance
Crossed over my line of humiliation kink. One MC calling the other a "hungry bitch" and the like all throughout the story is not a turn on for me. Not a fan of that. Otherwise, well written and engaging story.
Amy
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I should have liked this a lot more than I did. Because bikers. But it didn't really do it for me :(
karlakolumna
Jun 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
I hate to give a low rating for a story that was bestowed on me by the lovely DRitC-event and some very awesome writers who took a prompt by someone of the community and told their story.

But. This was absolutely not to my taste. I know that this is supposed to be rough and bloody and violent. But this is not a love story, not even if you squint. There isn't any romance or even believable, sexy lust to be found here. Nada.

The "tough" guy Jason is a fighter/boxer who seemingly has no concept of
Tina
Re-read - Aug 2017

I needed something crazy that could take my mind off a little bit from this last book I read and I knew that Jason & Hyde wouldn't fail me!

“I think you are a nasty little cocksucker. You just came in your pants from my dick ramming down your throat.”

Re-read - Nov 2016

Sexy, raw, dirty and slightly crazy..

photo IMG_3381_zpscyczqcjc.gif

There is seriously something wrong with these two and it's completely crazy to like them!!

Read - Feb 2016

“I’m gonna fuck you so many times I’m gonna taste my cum
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Jan 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
I had soooo many problems with this one. Hyde treated Jason so horribly. I don't know why I even read this one honestly. I wanted to give up but it was sort of like a train wreck. Hyde uses Jason as a human dart board, put a dog shock collar on him ( and uses it!!!), constantly calls him names and puts him down, and is blackmailing him. But for some reason Jason still wants him.... in no way is this a "romance". If anything, it's a story about emotional and physical abuse...
Natasha
Jun 02, 2015 marked it as to-read
*grabby hands*

bikers aren't my usual digs, but this one sounds too good to pass up. plus, i love any sort of 'reunited' or 'old crush' story. TIS MY WEAKNESS.
FantasyLiving
I haven't tagged this as romance because it doesn't qualify for me, but it is the beginning of a non-traditional romance.
While this isn't what I would consider dark, I accept that my version of dark leans more toward erotic horror, and that those who don't delve into that depth of depravity, will consider this dark.

I enjoyed this story, and I will be on the lookout for the sequel. While not perfect, it captured the basic story line.

Jason is a closeted, illegal MMA fighter, who was supposed to
Finnegan
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dritc-2015
I think the authors followed the prompt diligently. I liked the setting, the excitement of illegal cage fighting and motorcycling clubs. Jason, the fighter, is a vicious fighter with a sad, sad background story, that was difficult for me to read as I love dogs. I think his horrible childhood really messed with his head, and he needs a good psychiatrist and a few years of therapy. But he is a kind, loving man, desperately needing love, touch and acceptance. Thats why I feel Hyde is not the right ...more
Nile Princess
Re-read 4/20/18. Now 3 stars.

---------

Really liked this one! Checked lots of boxes for me. Manly men with muscles and tats. Check. MMA fighting. Check. Tortured hero. Check. A sprinkling of Daddy kink. Check. And a spritz of D/s. I think because the story was only 106 pages it kept the pacing tight, and the storyline succinct. Loved the intensity of the fight scenes, and the sexual tension between the MCs. Throw in a friendly dog, some fluffy pancakes and a down comforter set and I was in
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆

This was not the dark f'ed up book I thought it would be.
But I still loved every page.
Was it perfect...not at all, but it worked for me big time.

Hyde was a big crazy, but sexy as hell.
Jason was a bit crazy too. The guy bit the check off an opponent!
But Jason is perfect for Hyde, and his dirty mouth.

The end went a little sappy...but that's okay. I liked it.

I loved it.
Coco.V
Apr 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/8/2019)!

Blurb:
— FIGHT TO THE DEATH. LOVE TO THE BONE. —

The Rabid Mongrels Motorcycle Club bet against him, and they are set to make a killing, but when Jason spots his high school crush in the audience, he can’t bear to lose. All he wants is to have Hyde notice him. He gets more than he bargained for
Readlife
"What if Hyde pushed him away again, though? Jason already knew the answer. He’d dive in headfirst again, ready to get hurt, if that was what it took to get a piece of Hyde."

That pretty much sums up the relationship between Hyde -Real name Pierce- the guy with the split personalities and Jason the fighter.

Jason had a horrible childhood and Is obsessed with his his school crush hyde, who doesn't even remember him and only wants the money he lost. And he will do anything to get the money back,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• King's Killer (The Kings of Men MC #1)
  • Mate Wanted for Christmas
  • The Ballerino and the Biker (The Hedonist, #1)
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
  • Can't Touch
  • Just Ridley (Chosen #1)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Puppet/Master (The Vale Chronicles, #1)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Our Secret Wedding (Sky High Scaffolders, #1)
  • The Matchmaker: Omega Dating Agency Prequel
  • More Than Friends Collection (More Than Friends, #1-3)
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • You for Christmas
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the