What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book about an apprentice storyteller girl who can read stories from flowers or seeds? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Safia (last edited Jun 07, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Safia | 3 comments So I have had this book stuck in my mind for months that I read back in like 2008 when I was 12. I have looked everywhere but for the life of me I can't find it. It was an older book I'm just not exactly not sure when it was published. I do think it was some sort of children's fantasy book.

I just vaguely remember it being about a young girl who could read like stories created from like flowers or seeds? Like these flowers had stories in them that only a few people could read and these people would share the stories with other people. The book was mostly about her travelling and studying under people like her. I remember like people in her town would all gather around a fire while one of the storytellers read the stories from the flower. I don't know if any of this is helpful but any help would be appreciated.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Maybe, The Sower of Tales The Sower of Tales by Rachna Gilmore ?

If not:
Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?
Country you were in when you read the book?

How did the girl "read" the seeds? Did she have to touch them or something like that?

message 3: by Safia (new)

Safia | 3 comments That is the book I'm looking for! Thank you so much!

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments You're welcome :)