What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Quadehar the Sorcerer (Book of the Stars, #1)
This topic is about Quadehar the Sorcerer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A Young Boy is found with immense power in the magic of the realm. The magic is based on the constellations of the the stars. YA/Childrens [s]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edward (last edited May 08, 2014 07:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments I remember the very last bit of the series the best because it had a massive cliff hanger. (view spoiler)

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments Just a small Bump.

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments Bump

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited May 14, 2014 08:40PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Edward--the usual length of time between bumps is 30 to 60 days.

Although I have to admit--I do understand why you want it found. This will be joining my YA/children's book collection as soon as it's found.

And further.....

When did you read this? How did you read it--was it paper, ebook, audiobook, manga? Was it a stand alone or do you think that there were more books planned, even if you didn't get to read them. Where did you find this--book store, library, grocers? What made you want to read it--the cover, the blurb, someone recommended it to you?

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments I didn't notice bump rules apologizes for that. It was a paperback that I read in elementary(11-13 years ago now). It was definitely a series, though I do not remember for sure if it was already a series or planned for more, might of been both. It was in my school library though I can not remember why I started reading it.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments Edward, was the story set in our world or a mythical world? How did the boy use the stars?

Remember anything about the cover?

message 7: by Edward (last edited May 16, 2014 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments Mythical and at least some of the use was as runes either in single or in a weave of runes both in layering over each other and forming shapes with them. Like using 6 'shield' runes to form a circle around yourself or an object or layering a 'shield' rune and an 'air' rune to purify though the second isn't an exact example from the book.. I can't remember anything about the cover.

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments Seems like a good time for a bump.

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments Really want to find this book.

SparksofEmber | 946 comments Since you read it in elementary school, I'm assuming it was aimed at elementary/middle-grade level?

Do you remember why he has to save the day? What was the danger?

Maybe Gom on Windy Mountain
or Runestone
or Quadehar The Sorcerer

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

I'm checking that one out as it seems really close. As for your other questions, no. I remember the hook and one sequence well and the rest that I remember is foggy run-time stuff.

SparksofEmber | 946 comments Let us know if Quadehar the Sorcerer is it or not. :)

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments Yep it is it and Dang it, that chiff-hanger(at least to me) is there and no follow up. :(

SparksofEmber | 946 comments No follow-up? In the 2 sequels?

Edward Crosswhite | 11 comments The unanswered question is near the end or at the end of the third book.

SparksofEmber | 946 comments Oh! I thought it was the end of the 1st. Gotcha! Still sounds like a good story. I'll have to find a copy!