What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Betrayal (2099, #2)
This topic is about Betrayal
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Science Fiction, Evil Twin in Future. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Max (new)

Max Boyken | 2 comments So, there are two twins. One ends up living an ordinary life, I believe he ends working as a coder or something. The other is brought in by this evil being that sends him messages with fiery letters in the air above him. The evil twin finds out about his brother, and is not happy to see somebody else like him out there. He's even less happy that his brother may be his intellectual equal. So he attempts to kill his brother. I believe he first does this but trying to hack into a zeppelin his brother is commuting in and crash it, but his brother manages to block him out of the system and the airship is safe. And I believe at the end of the book the evil twin attempts to lock his brother in a house and flood the house. The brother escapes, but (I believe) only to be met by either robots or people working for his evil twin. I also remember there was a girl in the book who was from something of a futuristic ghetto, and she made her living through identity theft. And also I'm pretty sure the evil twin was attempting to spread some virus through the banks, but his brother found out and managed to stop the plan.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32285 comments Mod
Max, what year did you read this book?

Is this science fiction or fantasy?

For young adults/teens or older adults? How old are the twin brothers?

message 3: by Mitch (new)

Mitch | 2 comments I have just signed up for this because after reading Max's comment, it sounds like the novel I am looking for.
I hope so anyway.
I read this book in the early 2000's. I would say about 2001 or so.
I believe it would be Science Fiction as the plot travelled to Mars and back.
I also remember human created Pegasus' creatures, self driving cars and I believe the evil twin was named Devon or something similar.
I would say it was aimed at young adults, and the twin brothers were of teen/early 20's age.
I hope this helps. I have spent a solid amount of time looking for this book.

message 4: by Mitch (new)

Mitch | 2 comments I have found what I was looking for, not sure if this is it, but here is a link for Max:

https://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-John-...

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32285 comments Mod
Goodreads link for Mitch's suggestion - Betrayal by John Peel

message 6: by Max (new)

Max Boyken | 2 comments Mitch wrote: "I have found what I was looking for, not sure if this is it, but here is a link for Max:

https://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-John-..."

hey man its been a long time since I've checked this haha. That's what I was looking for, thanks so much.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Betrayal (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Peel (other topics)