What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book based on Norse myth [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire (lindlec) Hi

I recently read a review of a new ya novel based on Hel the daughter of Loki. She is half girl and half corpse from the waist down. I believe the review was in the U.K. Daily Mail but I cannot find any reference to it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Claire

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Could it be the new series by Rick Riordan? The Magnus Chase series is about the Norse myths.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32294 comments Mod
Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series by Rick Riordan for Shelley's suggestion - https://www.goodreads.com/series/8221...

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (lindlec) Shelley wrote: "Could it be the new series by Rick Riordan? The Magnus Chase series is about the Norse myths."

No, unfortunately it is not this series. I think lokis daughter is the main protagonist.

message 5: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments I hope you find the book it sounds good. I'd like to read it.

message 6: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Any chance it could be Runelight? I haven't read it but the first book, Runemarks was based on Norse mythology and Loki had a big role.

message 7: by Claire (new)

Claire (lindlec) I think the book is a recent release as it was a recent book review. It's not Runelights as this is a few years old.

They both sound like great books though

message 8: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Oh, now I see there is a 3rd in the series, 2014: The Gospel of Loki.
I found it via this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6...

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire (lindlec) Went through every book on daily mail new releases and have found it.

The monstrous child by Francesca Simon

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32294 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - The Monstrous Child by Francesca Simon.