What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Vanished (The Outer Limits, #7)
This topic is about The Vanished
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Mystery about teens who wake up in a deserted town... [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joyce (goodreadscomjoycearlene) | 5 comments I read this book back in the late 1990s and I believe it was middle-school or high-school level and was a mystery book. The cover had an abandoned carousel and a clown dummy (I think).

The plot of the book revolves around teenagers who wake up to find that their whole city is abandoned and eventually they find each other. At the end of the book it was discovered that the kids actually created this entire city by themselves by their power (of imagination?) but couldn't make people. The military comes and takes all but two away, a boy and girl, who decide to stay on the planet. However, the planet is toxic and because the others are gone, their power is reduced drastically. They imagine a garden and are left to frolic naked (because their clothes were also imagined).

Thank you very much.

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben (browly) | 22 comments I read this book a few months ago

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben (browly) | 22 comments ...but I can't remember what it's called. It's on the shelf at my in-laws house, though, so I'll check next time I'm over there and let you know.

Joyce (goodreadscomjoycearlene) | 5 comments Oh my goodness! You're a life saver, thank you so much!

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben (browly) | 22 comments My wife remembers it, too, and she said she thinks the title started with "The Other..."

Joyce (goodreadscomjoycearlene) | 5 comments I found it thank you! It's under "the outer" limits. Your wife was very close and it helped jog my memory. Tell her thank you as well. ^_^

message 7: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Sounds like a good book what is the title?

Joyce (goodreadscomjoycearlene) | 5 comments It's called the Outer Limits: the Vanished by John Peel

I loved this book! I hope you'll enjoy it ^_^

(Once I'm at a computer I will be able to "solve" this inquest, so apologies to all the moderators >_<)

message 9: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Thanks Joyce it looks really good.

message 10: by Kris (last edited Jun 05, 2016 06:56AM) (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
The Vanished (The Outer Limits #7) by John Peel for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Vanished (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Peel (other topics)