Kelly Oram Geek League discussion

V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin, #1)
This topic is about V is for Virgin
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Reads > June Group Read: V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JadeShea (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JadeShea
V is for Virgin

When Val Jensen gets dumped for her decision to stay a virgin until marriage, the nasty breakup goes viral on YouTube, making her the latest internet sensation.

After days of ridicule from her peers, Val starts a school-wide campaign to rally support for her cause. She meant to make a statement, but she never dreamed the entire nation would get caught up in the controversy.

As if becoming nationally recognized as “Virgin Val” isn’t enough, Val’s already hectic life starts to spin wildly out of control when bad boy Kyle Hamilton, lead singer for the hit rock band Tralse, decides to take her abstinence as a personal challenge.

How can a girl stay true to herself when this year’s Sexiest Man Alive is doing everything in his power to win her over?

JadeShea I really love this book! It was one of the first reads I read of Kelly Oram!

message 3: by Jennifer, Geekette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (jennafour) | 128 comments Mod
This was my first Kelly book!!!!

message 4: by Anusha (new) - added it

Anusha | 238 comments This was one of my first Kelly books too!
I loved this book. One of my favorite things was the theme that it wasn't really about staying a virgin until marriage, it was more about making decisions regardless of what other people do or say or think.

JadeShea Smokey wrote: "This was one of my first Kelly books too!
I loved this book. One of my favorite things was the theme that it wasn't really about staying a virgin until marriage, it was more about making decisions..."

Very well said! I totally agree. That's how I felt too. To me it wasn't exactly about waiting for marriage. It was more than that. And it didn't have anything to do with religious reason either, as a lot of stories that have waiting till marriage involve. I adored that.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.