Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Case of the One-Eyed Tiger (Corgi Case Files #1)
This topic is about Case of the One-Eyed Tiger
Adding New Books > Combining several editions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffrey (new) - added it

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 16 comments Hello!

I just created a giveaway for a print copy of my new mystery novel and for some reason GoodReads created a new edition for me. The author name is showing as "J.M. Poole". Could I get someone to change it to "Jeffrey M. Poole", and then combine it with the Kindle version of this book? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thx!!

message 2: by Jeffrey (new) - added it

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 16 comments Tell you what, if someone could just change the author name to "Jeffrey M. Poole" then I believe I could combine the two editions myself.

Thanks!

Here's a link to the book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Codex (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:52PM) (new)

Codex | 3401 comments The published cover shows “J.M. Poole”, so the book was created correctly in GR (according to the rules). However, the rules also allow for cases like yours: “Jeffrey M. Poole” has been added to that book entry as an additional author, which should fix things.

For your reference: Librarian Manual—Author pseudonyms/pen names.

➤ ETA: For some reason adding the alternate author name is not “sticking”—can a superlibrarian please take a look?

message 4: by Jeffrey (new) - added it

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 16 comments Man, serves me right for changing up my author name on the cover. **sigh**

Thanks for trying! It's showing both editions, Kindle and paperback, as belonging to "J.M. Poole" instead of "Jeffrey M. Poole".

message 5: by Arenda (last edited Jun 04, 2016 01:58AM) (new)

Arenda | 19919 comments Codex wrote: "ETA: For some reason adding the alternate author name is not “sticking”—can a superlibrarian please take a look?"

No need for a superlibrarian. There is a workaround for similar author names, see https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
(Merging the temporary profile will only work if it is not a claimed author profile. Moving the temporary profile up on the book edit page, correct the author name, save, and move that author down again will also work).

I've added Jeffrey M. Poole to both editions.

message 6: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Ah!—thanks, Arenda.

message 7: by Jeffrey (new) - added it

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 16 comments Thx for all the help, guys. It's presently not linking to my account. I'm just hoping it just needs to be refreshed. I've written three series and this is the start of the third. Now I've only got my 2 fantasy series showing.

Let's give it some time.

message 8: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19919 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Thx for all the help, guys. It's presently not linking to my account. "

The book is on your list of books.
The series will only show on the author page of the primary author, see https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...