Delirity discussion

Author A > The Dark Elements - J.L. Armentrout

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jul 08, 2014 11:31AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments i enjoyed the first book a lot.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I just downloaded book 1. This was a cheap one for whisper sync so I'll probably take my time with it and listen at times.

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Cheap is better for me. I haven't listened to any of her books on audio before sometimes the voices of the actors throw me off because it just doesn't go with what I have created in my mind.

It was a fun book though and a quick read.

message 5: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm ready for the next book. I haven't read any of the novellas because they don't focus on the main characters and I don't got time for that.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Got it as a freebie, I've been meaning to try it out.

message 7: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Stone Cold Touch was pretty good. Cliff hanger :(!

message 8: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments 3rd book is out in the trilogy! Hate the cover change it just doesn't even represent the books nor does it look steamy like its supposed to. Also is this New Adult like her titan series?

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments So its not NA like her Titan series those scenes got a bit graphic if you know what I mean. I did read the final book and ofcourse it was good but I really don't know if it was that good. :(.

First, I was pretty confused about a lot of things for example (view spoiler) am I alone with this?

message 10: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments So, I haven't finished Every Last Breath yet and I don't know who she picks in the love triangle but I have to say, I don't believe that she wrote any of this series not knowing who Layla is going to wind up with. The first book was all about falling for Roth and understanding that he accepts both her warden and demon side and helping her accept both of her sides. (view spoiler)

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Tya wrote: "So, I haven't finished Every Last Breath yet and I don't know who she picks in the love triangle but I have to say, I don't believe that she wrote any of this series not knowing who Layla is going ..."

i agree the author knew what direction she wanted to take it in and was taking a huge leap with letting readers pick because what if they didn't think the same as she does? then the books might have been ruined or something. Like if they voted for the one she wasn't set up to be with from the start.

message 12: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments I liked it well enough. Lux is still my favorite series by her. I'm still firmly in my armentrout phase though and plan on starting the Wicked trilogy tomorrow. There's something about her that is so readable. Chakara I have answers for you under the spoiler tag (view spoiler)

message 13: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Tya wrote: "I liked it well enough. Lux is still my favorite series by her. I'm still firmly in my armentrout phase though and plan on starting the Wicked trilogy tomorrow. There's something about her that is ..."

i checked it out from the library and don't have it in front of me anymore. Thanks for clearing that up though its possible I read it to fast or that I was startled by the quick wrap up. i still think at one point when she goes to meat Zane (view spoiler) or something like that which confused the heck outta me.

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Oh and I started Wicked but was immediately put off by the way she wrote the POC. She tried but IMHO it wasn't successful. Very hard to write other races, trust me I know so she's still one of my fav authors , even though I despise Damon and Katie.

message 15: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments You despised Daemon and Katy? But they were so cute! I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm a bit nervous to start Wicked now. But---I guess, even if she was unsuccessful in her attempt at least she tried to write a POC in a YA novel--the whole genre is so whitewashed that I guess even just a little bit helps.

message 16: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Tya wrote: "You despised Daemon and Katy? But they were so cute! I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm a bit nervous to start Wicked now. But---I guess, even if she was unsuccessful in her attempt..."

Yes, i think its awesome that she tried it wasn't so much as offensive as a bit annoying . if we have a thread for it I'd like to know how it went when you finish. :)

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Tya wrote: "You despised Daemon and Katy? But they were so cute! I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm a bit nervous to start Wicked now. But---I guess, even if she was unsuccessful in her attempt..."

i'm not a romance-y mushy gushy person so yeah that Katy and Daemon were the most annoying to me. I read the first 3 or 4 but it just got worst and worst for me so I stopped.