The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) The Hidden Oracle question

Is it okay to read this book before the other books of different Series?
Clare Clare Jun 03, 2016 08:08AM
I have read the Percy Jackson series, but I want to read this book, but do I have to read the Heroes of Olympus and the Kane Chronicles or his other series first? Or is it okay to start reading this? Or do I need those series for background information?

You do not need to read Kane or Magnus Chase series, but it will be a great deal of help to read Heroes of Olympus simply because of references and the fact two characters from HOO have a great deal to do with TOA.

You don't need to, there's some worldbuilding and background info that you'd miss out on but its mostly pretty clear. It is spoilery though, so if you would want to read the others it might be best to do that first.

I read The Hidden Oracle having read most but not all of the pervious books (They were getting repetitive) and I understood it fine.

I don't think you NEED to read all the heroes of Olympus books before trials of Apollo but I think if you did read then you might not get he same effect as you would if you had read heroes of Olympus but.. I do think that Rick explained most of it well so that you can read it without having to stop and wonder "who this guy is " or what does that mean" . But it will spoil you for the series... so either way I think you're good . I read heroes of Olympus first and I think I enjoyed TOA more than I would have if I hadn't of read HOO first .

There are major spoilers from the Percy Jackson AND The Heroes of Olympus series in The Hidden Oracle. The exception is the Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard.

Read the Heroes of Olympus, but you don't really need to read the Kane Chronicles.

I have only read two of the books in the Percy Jackson series(and won't be finishing the series), and I hadn't read any of Rick's other series, but I wasn't confused at all reading The Hidden Oracle and it is now one of my favorite books of 2016. If you want to read it before you read the other series and don't mind spoilers, go ahead! :)

You need to read both the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series before reading the The Hidden Oracle. However, you do not need to read the Kane Chronicles.

I would suggest reading Heroes of Olympus first for background information although I don't think it is necessary. I'm just one of those people that like picking out the inside jokes and how all the stories connect. I think it is separate enough from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series that it could be read first.

you have to read heroes of olympus before trials of apollo

you need them all but Kane Chronicals

U 25x33
Zoe I have read the PJO and HOO series and I want to read the TOA before I read the Kane chronicles and the Magnus Chase series would that spoil it? basic ...more
Dec 21, 2017 09:13PM · flag
U 25x33
MightKnight1764 The Kane chronicals have no relation at all with the Greek series (PJO, HOO, TOA). Magnus Chase is Norse gods not greek and trials of apollo will not ...more
Apr 16, 2018 02:52PM · flag

I have not read anything before by this author, but I have read
this book and really liked it, I look forward to reading the
rest of the series in the future. I liked the synopsis of this book
so decided to give it a try.
I reckon I got as much enjoyment as any avid fan of the rest
of Rick Riordan`s books. Did not feel I had to read his other books
before this one, still don`t now.

You should read HOO first. Sure your probably would understand The Trials of Apollo but at the end of HOO we are still in the need for some conclusions which this book provides. Plus I am almost certain 2 characters from HOO are going to be main characters for the second Apollo book.

As most people have said, you don't need to read any of them, this is a new series and can be read separately. However, there are many characters from PJO and HOO, inside jokes, and just basically references to the other two series. If you ever plan to read HOO, than you shouldn't read this one first, but if not, than go ahead.

You should PJO then HOO and finally The Trials of Apollo if you don't like spoilers.