Start by marking “The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)

The Hidden Oracle

(The Trials of Apollo #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  88,043 ratings  ·  9,459 reviews
How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour.

But Apollo
Published May 3rd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Oracle, please sign up.

·  88,043 ratings  ·  9,459 reviews

Start your review of The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
Emily May
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, young-adult, fantasy
Zeus needed someone to blame, so of course he’d picked the handsomest, most talented, most popular god in the pantheon: me.

This might be my favourite Riordan book.

I was actually disappointed with his last one - The Sword of Summer - and I began to question in my review if it was finally time for Mr. R. to take a step back from these books about Greek, Roman and Egyptian gods. The conflicts were similar and the teen "voices" had begun to blend into one. Magnus Chase could just as easily have
Sasha Alsberg
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Suffice to say, Apollo, you are awesome. This book made me literally "LOL" multiple times and brought a smile to my face seeing old characters I love again. YAY!

Ill be uploading my review to my youtube channel this week!
Regan
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
4.5

I LOVED THIS! A review will be up on my channel on Friday!
Claudia Ramírez
NOOOOOO OMG!!! That final chapter killed me and brought me to life at the same time!!! Apollo's team in this trials will be THE DREAM TEAM! I'm so excited to read the adventures of these three!!!

Also, everytime Percy appeared I couldn't stop SMILING. OH! And Apollo was FANTASTIC! He made me laugh out loud every two paragraphs! Humor on point! I really loved this book.

...

UPDATE 05/10/2015: WE HAVE THE SYNOPSIS AND THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I EXPECTED! I've always loved the way uncle Rick writes
Natalie Monroe
"Is anything sadder than the sound of a god hitting a pile of garbage bags?"

Or to paraphrase, is there anything sadder than your favorite author becoming a sellout?

It's blatantly obvious Riordan isn't even trying anymore. He knows he can put out a steaming heap of crap and Percy fangirls and Solangelo diehards would still be clawing over each other for a copy, sending This Hidden Disappointment to the top of the NYT bestseller's list.

I don't understand Solangelo—Will and Nico. They never had
Lola
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

Yesterday, he was the mighty and melodious Apollo, son of Zeus. Today, he is Lester Papadopoulos, a mere, ungifted mortal.

There’s only one thing for him to do now: join the demigods at Camp Half-Blood.

What makes The Hidden Oracle incredibly interesting is Apollo himself. Yes, he is one narcissistic personage with high standards and a peculiar appreciation for poetry.

And, yes, he is tremendously flawed, there is no denying that. But funnily enough, that’s what makes him so likeable.

Brigid ✩
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Things can turn out differently, Apollo. That's the nice thing about being human. We only have one life, but we can choose what kind of story it's going to be.”

Dammit, Rick Riordan. This book was actually really good. WHAT THE HELL.

When I first heard about Trials of Apollo, I had very mixed feelings. On one hand I felt like, “Jeez Rick, please don’t turn into a huge sell-out.” On the other hand, I was like, “I GET TO BE REUNITED WITH ALL THE PJO/HOO CHARACTERS YET AGAIN!! YESSSS.”

Honestly,
Darth J
Oct 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
1. 5 stars

A Tired Spin on the Same Old Formula
I’ll be perfectly blunt: you don’t look to Riordan for originality. We all know this to be true. Hell, the very first Percy Jackson books rode the Harry Potter-ripoff wave to C-List stardom and even then he just rewrote ancient myths in a modern format. Now he’s going back to his roots and just ripping off his previous stories under that hypnotic guise of nostalgia. We return to Camp Half-Blood Prince and meet some familiar characters like *Percy
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, owned
This was tons of fun! The perspective of a god is great to read from, especially since Apollo made for a hilarious narrator. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as his other books, it was still great!
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
10/08/2015
I have two reactions right now:
1. Apollo =
2. "And yes, this means we’ll get to know what’s going on with fan-favorite characters Leo and Nico. And, of course, Percabeth." That's it, I died. PERCABETH, GUYS!

09/17/15
HOLY. FREAKING. SHIT. Brb peeing my pants in excitement. Although I hope it's more like the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series rather than Heroes of Olympus.
Nick
Oct 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
I need to start reading Percy Jackson so I can continue with Heroes of Olympus and The Trials of Apollo.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
5 Golden Stars
not complete but 98%

READERS ATTENTION!:
before reading this series, you should have read the sequels:
first, Percy Jackson
then Heroes of Olympus
Also Trials of Apollo is happening at the same time with Magnus Chase; they have crossovers sometimes.
(or if it's hard to remember go here & read in this order: Camp Half-Blood Chronicles)

I literally warned everywhere I could, so I should've put it in my review too. :D

now
*clapping my hands*
where were we?
Trials of Apollo, Book 1: the
P
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
The others seemed confused. Then the glow became brighter: a holographic golden sickle with a few sheaves of wheat, rotating just above Meg McCaffrey.

A boy in the crowd gasped. “She’s a communist!”

The Hidden Oracle continues right after The Blood of Olympus. Apollo aka Lester Papadopoulos is banished from Olympus. He used to be a god, when he's mortal, he doesn't have his power and that makes him very upset. In this book, you will meet the same old characters such as Percy, Nico, Chiron and
Ahmed  Ejaz
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
I remember when I started this book last year without reading the previous ten books, one of my best friends here told me I have to read previous books. I was sad because I had read, I think, 5 chapters or so and I was quite enjoying it. And reading ten whole books seemed a huge mess to me. Now I understood that my friend was right.
**Thank you, if you are reading this review. :)**

>>The book started off in an excellent manner. Very much interesting. It was so hilarious how Apollo was,
Simona Bartolotta
Nov 06, 2015 marked it as wishlist
This was the conversation my sister and I had about this book.

ME: You know, I hate too long series. After, don't know, ten books, don't you think one must accept it is time to stop? The well is dry, let's face it. Personally, I always avoid this kind of writers-

SISTER: You're a Cassie Clare's fan.

ME (not listening): ...because I hate that they have to stretch their stories this way. It's not fair, too often they come up with idiocies that are just shadows of their first works-

SIS: You liked TID
C.G. Drews
I've officially read 13 Camp Half Blood books and I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM. This was brilliant. I laughed my head off at the perfectness of the humour and sass and basically Apollo's narcissism was glorious. TRULY GLORIOUS. And I particularly loved that this one didn't follow the general plot-themes of the other Riordan books. Like, okay, I totally can get onboard with a prophecy, a team, and a wild adventure. But it's refreshing to NOT have that for once??? SO YAY.

WHAT TO
Maureen
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
BOOKTUBEATHON 2016 BOOK #4

I really enjoyed this, though not as much as other books in this universe. IT HAS A LOT TO LIVE UP TO! Apollo's narration was hilarious and amazing and EVERYTHING and there was a really important narrative about relationships, specifically abusive ones, that I am really glad to see and interested to see play out. Honestly, Riordan's books will always be some of my favorites because of how great the world and characters are and how he manages to put important
C
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I will read anything that this man writes
Paige  Bookdragon
description

After the not-so-successful Magnus Chase book, I know that some people are reluctant to go back to RR's world, but I'm here to tell ya.The Hidden Oracle is so much better than The Sword of Summer.

Basically,this is the summary of The Hidden Oracle

description

This book is different to the usual RR book and its formulatic story. Uncle Rick II is kinda famous for writing a book/series with demigods as main characters and though I love Percy and the gang, the characters and the plot are getting predictable. I'm
Neil (or bleed)
"Nothing is more tragic than loving someone to the depths of your soul and knowing they cannot and will not ever love you back."

Time and time again, it has been proven that whenever I'm reading a Rick Riordan book, I read so fast that the words blurred. I mean, I can't stop flipping the goddamn pages like there's no tomorrow. Maybe, it's the humor or probably, something else.

Anyway...

The Hidden Oracle is... wait for it... an entertaining read. I don't say, right? Hahaha! If you loved PJO and
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1), Rick Riordan
The Hidden Oracle is a fantasy novel based on Greek and Roman mythology written by Rick Riordan. It was published on May 3, 2016, and is the first book in The Trials of Apollo series, the second spin-off of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. The book and its cover art by John Rocco were first announced in 2015. It has been published in hardcover, audiobook, ebook, and large-print editions. To date, The Hidden Oracle has been
Silanur
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-bucket-list
edit #4 of March 8, 2017: FINALLY read this, rtc! Brought back so many memories and nostalgia :')

edit #3 of December 9, 2015: THE COVER DROPPED. I don't love it so much but you know what? I DONT FREAKING CARE BECAUSE IM THAT EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK. (tho i have to read magnus chase first... *hides away* SCHOOL IS GETTING IN THE WAY OKAY??!!!)

edit #2 of October 8, 2015: I know I'm a bit late to this, BUT GUYS THE SYNOPSIS AND TITLE WAS REVEALED AND IT SOUNDS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD
rebecca ɤ
THIS COMES OUT IN MAY WITH SO MANY OTHER RELEASES BUT IM GOING TO BUY IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I'VE SOLD MY SOUL TO THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES.
Helena of Eretz ✰
Don’t you just love it when a new spin-off series in a previously established world lives up to the nostalgia of your childhood? Because I do! I clearly remember coming across a small paperback, titled The Lightning Thief, sold on a small table of books at age 9. I will never forget that moment as it rekindled my love of mythology, which happened to be the tales that I was raised on. Percy Jackson was a fundamental aspect of my childhood, which makes my enjoyment of The Hidden Oracle that much ...more
Melanie
Sep 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
Edit 08/10/15

We have more details on THE HIDDEN ORACLE! (http://www.hypable.com/rick-riordan-p...) I think I might just die right here. APOLLO. APOLLO!!! Only my favourite god from the PJO world. I am so ready for bad haikus and humour. The fact that this will have all (most? some? of) the old characters definitely makes me feel a little less nervous about this book so yes, PLEASE BE FABULOUS. I AM READY TO ACCEPT YOU INTO MY ARMS.

Edit 12/09/15

W. H. A. T.

WHAT?

I'm not sure how I feel about
Rachael ( RachaelRexds )
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: 19/01/2018
Decided to reread The Hidden Oracle and my rating still stands at 5 stars! Love this book so much and I hope to pick up the sequel soon : )
RICK RIORDAN HAS DONE IT AGAIN. THIS WAS SUCH A FANTASTIC BOOK AHHH!!

I loved being back in camp half blood and I absolutely loved Apollo as the main character!! He's just so hilarious and sassy :D I also loved seeing all the old characters again and it just made me want to cry because there was so much nostalgia :')

Overall, I flew
Kai
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, queer
“Not all monsters were three-ton reptiles with poisonous breath. Many wore human faces.”

I just finished The Heroes of Olympus, since I couldn't wait to get my hands on this. Finally I'd find out what happened in a god's head. The result was a little disappointing.

The main reason I didn't like this as much as Riordan's other books was the main character: Apollo. He's pretty self-centered and arrogant, but in a funny and ironic way. Thing is, after a few chapters the fun wears off, but Apollo
Sophie
Right, so I've just finished my final exams, and will be graduating uni in a few weeks. My degree is combined history and ancient history, and since I was young, tales about mythology have intrigued me, either reading the originals, or adaptations/retellings. Rick Riordan quickly became one of my favourite authors about five years ago, when I discovered the Percy Jackson series, and since then I've loved anything by him.

When I first heard that Riordan would be returning to the world of Percy
Jessica
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ah it was so nice to be back in Rick's universe!
While I thought this was very fun and entertaining, and I LOVED getting to read about what everyone was up to, this was probably my least favorite of his so far. It was still great, I'm just saying in comparison to The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the Heroes of Olympus series. I also liked Magnus Chase a little more. I think the biggest reason was Apollo. Don't get me wrong, he was ridiculous and made me laugh, but he just couldn't
emily
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i would have given this book 5 stars on the multiple Percy Jackson cameos alone.

but i'm actually crying a little bit, i loved this book so much for so many reasons . biggest reason is that a vast majority of the book takes place at Camp Half-Blood and reading about this place in this world with all these familiar characters is really coming home. Percy Jackson and the Olympians + Heroes of Olympus of two of my favorite book series that are very near and dear to my heart (especially Percy

• The Trials of Apollo Book Two The Dark Prophecy
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • TRAVAUX D'APOLLON (LES) T.02
  • Rick Riordan
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)

The Trials of Apollo (5 books)
  • The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
“Nico," I said at last, "shouldn't you be sitting at the Hades table?"

He shrugged. "Technically, yes. But if I sit alone at my table, strange things happen. Cracks open in the floor. Zombies crawl out and start roaming around. It's a mood disorder. I can't control it. That's what I told Chiron. "

"And is it true?" I asked.

Nico smiled thinly. "I have a note from my doctor."

Will raised his hand. "I'm his doctor.”
452 likes
“Will put his hand on Nico's shoulder. "Nico, we need o have another talk about your people skills."
"Hey, I'm just stating the obvious. If this is Apollo, and he dies, we're all in trouble."
Will turned to me. "I apologize for my boyfriend."
Nico rolled his eyes. "Could you not―"
"Would you prefer special guy?" Will asked. "Or significant other?"
"Significant annoyance, in your case," Nico grumbled”
293 likes