What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Book- Girl cannot feel emotions and there is a guy named Fear [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Schro | 2 comments I read this book maybe last summer.

This girl cannot feel emotions and so Fear, a guy who embodies the emotion, tries to make her feel fear. Other emotions such as Anger eventually come into the plot.
The plot ends of being that the main girl is actually Fear's lover from before and she was transformed into her new self by a family member/witch after some trade by happened. She didn't remember anything about that past.
Her previous identity I think maybe was Rebecca.
In the end, the main girl and Fear end up together.
Some details:
-The main painted murals on the walls of her room.
-The main girl had a normal human boyfriend who didn't quite understand her. Worked on a farm I believe.
-Fear had blond hair and smelled of strawberries
Setting- rural (no cities)

If there is any ideas to the title or author, please comment.
I appreciate the time! :)

message 2: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 158 comments It seems as if I've seen a post on here similar to your book. I'll look and see if I can find!

message 3: by Jayme (new)

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Schro | 2 comments Yes!! Oh my gosh thank you so much!

message 5: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1225 comments Similar-ish but probably not it, since a lot of details don't really match what I remember (it's been 10+ years though so details are fuzzy enough I'll mention it anyway) but take a look at The Dubious Hills by Pamela Dean

message 6: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 158 comments Nikki wrote: "Yes!! Oh my gosh thank you so much!"

No problem! I had it in my book wish list...I knew I heard a similar description from somewhere!