Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) Fracture Me discussion

Adam...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly Duncan OK, lets be clear even in Shatter Me I didn't like Adam, and have always preferred Warner (I like the bad ones ok?!) ahaaa, but what I really don't get is why a lot of people only started disliking him after this...

What I'm getting at is the fact that a lot of review/comments on this are about how much their opinion of Adam has changed because of Fracture Me. But, to be honest, I totally understand Adam's feelings and reason for not going after Juliette. If it were me, I would hope I would look after my little brother first an foremost before I bothered with my ex. Lets be honest, he done the right thing...
But I still dislike him ahaa, TEAM WARNER!

Ilana i think that i'm of the same mindset as you. Adam was put into a position of family first, and that's what he was doing until he found juliette and even after. think about what he made possible for his brother -so you can't fault him for choosing his blood over his heart.

there's a lot that i found to be the reason why i don't like him as much anymore - and it was a build up. i think that what really got me is that he didn't want juliette to change really - if you think about it, he liked the fact that she was so damaged so that he could rescue her, and only when she started to tame her powers and find how they could work for her did he start to get more aloof and weird. he didn't like that she was becoming powerful and he feared what that would mean for them as a couple. that's why he walked away too i think.

Kelly Duncan yeah that's what I mean, its one of very few good things about him, that he choose his family first, and most people don't like that for some reason. Yeah, I agree, he does have many faults :)

Novia Here's my beef about adam. His character got the short end of the stick in these books and has about as much depth as a teaspoon which sucks. I mean, I get that their has to be "the guy" for the heroine and all but this was the lamest love triangle to me. Its like Mafi put all of her effort into building Warner and Adam was an after thought just to...I don't know...shake things up? And then turned him into a douche to make the girls' choice easier. It was a total cop out. I like the series just fine and I really wasn't "team" anyone. I just wanted a good story. I mean even Kenji's character was built better.

Trista Novia wrote: "Here's my beef about adam. His character got the short end of the stick in these books and has about as much depth as a teaspoon which sucks. I mean, I get that their has to be "the guy" for the he..."

I agree with you. I ended up disliking the entire series after Ignite Me because I felt that Mafi focused too much on the romance between Warner and Juliette, which was good if you were Team Warner but because of that there were faults in plot points & world-building, and characters weren't developed well.

Adam did do the right thing by putting his brother first, and because of that people view him as being a jerk? Meanwhile Warner shoots Adam, plans to torture him to death and he's completely forgiven for that but nooo, Adam's not allowed to put his own flesh and blood before a girl that's chosen another guy over him and he's disliked for that. It seriously infuriates me.

Novia Trista wrote: "Novia wrote: "Here's my beef about adam. His character got the short end of the stick in these books and has about as much depth as a teaspoon which sucks. I mean, I get that their has to be "the g..."

Yesss! He didn't deserve the shallow character building (and I say that in the lowest meaning of the term) he got. Dude risks everything but is portrayed as a selfish douche and during the last book gets a possible romantic interest at the end as a consolation prize? He deserved to have more depth as an mc. Just my 2 pennies.