What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Lightkeeper's Daughter
This topic is about The Lightkeeper's Daughter
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA romance/coming of age, title something about a lighthouse. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elly (new)

Elly Marshall | 4 comments Author's first name is Ian I think. About a teenage girl living on an island in a lighthouse, with her family I believe, meets an older man, has a sexual relationship with him, family doesn't know about it. Her nickname might be squid. I read it in the early to mid 2000s and I think it was newish at that point.

message 3: by Elly (new)

Elly Marshall | 4 comments None of those unfortunately. I think it was geared towards an older audience then the books on that list. Thank you though.

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments If not juvenile, use 'any audience' in the limiters on advanced search, and browse again.

message 5: by Elly (new)

Elly Marshall | 4 comments Still not any of those

message 6: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2103 comments If not, don't put lighthouse in the title. Put it in keywords. Keep trying!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 30959 comments Mod
A guess - Snow Island by Katherine Towler?

Here's a description from Amazon: "On Snow Island, a remote community off the New England coast, sixteen-year-old Alice Daggett struggles to come to terms with her father's death while managing the family store. George Tibbits, a loner in his forties and owner of the island's twin houses, returns each year in an act of homage to the women who raised him there. While George tries to make peace with his troubled past and Alice befriends the twenty-six-year-old who tends the island lighthouse, both characters learn the hard lesson of what it means to love. This tender tale about the power of place and memory plumbs the depths of two unique and uncharted lives. As the country is drawn into World War II, George and Alice find their fates shaped by events that occur far from the island home that defines them."

message 8: by Elly (new)

Elly Marshall | 4 comments It's not that one. The island is quite isolated, the girl meeting a stranger is unusual.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jan 10, 2016 11:10PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 36940 comments Mod
The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Iain Lawrence

When, after a four-year absence, seventeen-year-old Squid returns to her childhood home on a remote lighthouse island off British Columbia with her young daughter in tow, she and her parents try to come to terms with each other and the painful events of the past, especially the death of her older brother.

Shortly after Squid's encounter with a visiting kayaker resulted in her pregnancy

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36940 comments Mod
No response...but that has to be the right book. Moving to Solved.