Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > WHERE are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments I thought this would be a fun getting to know you thread. Most of us have to grab our reading moments when and wherever we can, and may get frustrated when unable to escape long enough to finish a good book. I have some health problems that probably give me a little more time than many, but still it can be challenging to find the quiet space.

So post here about your favorite, or unusual, or inventive book nooks.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments With my insomnia, I often read in bed in the middle of the night. That's where I am right now with my Kindle.

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) | 895 comments I, too like to read in bed in the evenings when things have wound down for the day. I try to get to the lot early when I pick my daughter up every day so that I get at least another 30 minutes of reading in while waiting for her. However, I will admit to sneaking reading time in wherever I can! I have even read on my phone while waiting in line at the grocery story!

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments I'm in a cafe here in Stockholm. It's full of very stylish Swedes having brunch.

message 5: by Fiza (new)

Fiza I'm on my laptop right now with a book in my hand :)

message 6: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Panera Bread!!

message 7: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I guess that's not inventive though. LOL!

message 8: by Tamekia (new)

Tamekia | 87 comments In a Doubletree suite - Columbus, Ohio (on a mini-stay cation)I'm also only 10 minutes from home!

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
You described my reading time perfectly, Andrea. :-) I usually read in bed before I crash because I like to relax my mind and wind down. Nothing really out of the ordinary, unless you consider my husband's snoring some unique background noise! :-)

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle Rush (ellerush) | 24 comments I have a super-comfy sofa in my living room and a fabulously warm lap blanket.

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1370 comments Elle wrote: "I have a super-comfy sofa in my living room and a fabulously warm lap blanket."

Ditto. Oddly, however, it is in my husband's man-cave. Which is in actuality his home office. It has a soft-as-butter leather sofa in there and a wool/fleece throw. When he kicks me out to do his manly-cave things, my second favorite place to read is my bed!

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1210 comments Kim wrote: "I'm in a cafe here in Stockholm. It's full of very stylish Swedes having brunch."

I'm moving to Sweden. Cafes + heavy metal hunks = PARADISE! LOL.

And I'm reading in the laundry room right now.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments A couple of weeks ago I had to go to the car dealer because of one of those red maintenance lights on my dashboard. The time before that when it happened, I spent 3 hours in that damn waiting room. Fortunately I had my Kindle with me.

So I was prepared this time. I had a paperback that was almost finished and my trusty Kindle. But when I got to the service desk, the guy was so friendly and so eager to please... He insisted on getting someone to look at it immediately because he thought it was an error. Which turned out to be true. But I was actually disappointed! rotfl! I didn't even get to sit down or get my free cup o'coffee. Talk about ruining my morning. Anyway I get some of my best reading done in waiting rooms.

I'm enjoying all your posts.

message 14: by Ren (new)

Ren | 291 comments What I would like to hear is where is the most unusual place you have ever read a book? You know, too many distractions or you want to find a place of solitude so no one will bother you.

I've locked myself in a closet before. Everyone in the house was looking for me but I needed to read so I tuned them out. That is the one good thing about Kindle....you can read even when there isn't much light. Gives you more places to hide and read in peace.

message 15: by A.W. (new)

A.W. I'm reading at the lake right now while I wait for my husband to finish certifying new scuba divers.

message 16: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments Up until a few hours ago, I was reading in Copenhagen, Denmark while doing research for Maybe Tomorrow.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganscoils) | 674 comments Right now? My bed. The majority of time, my bed. I'm a diagnosed insomniac and read A LOT!

message 18: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 71 comments In bed. I'll read for another half hour. It's getting late.

message 19: by A.W. (new)

A.W. In the Airport while we wait for our flight back home.

message 20: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments At me desk in my chilly office in Stockholm.

Gisèle Altagracia (giselealtagracia) | 229 comments Like right now? In the train commuting back home (from The Hague to Eindhoven). When at home later on, I will go straight to my reading loft in the living room and hopefully finish reading by midnight, just in time for bed.

message 22: by Bibliophilic (new)

Bibliophilic (thelovelybibliophilic) | 68 comments Sitting on my bed with my Bath and Body Works Sweater Weather candle burning, my favorite Classical for Readers #2 playing and reading Temporary Home by Aliyah Burke on my tablet while smacking on a NY Style Pizza n Dr. Pepper. (deep breath and release) I love these moments.

message 23: by Ines (new)

Ines Johnson I've started reading on my phone while on my way to work. I read writing craft books because my commute is only 20 minutes. I saw someone reading Game of Thrones on their phone once! Can not fathom doing that on that teeny tiny screen.

message 24: by Justine (last edited Dec 12, 2014 01:30PM) (new)

Justine | 1226 comments A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkiel

Brilliantly written. Humorous, but disconcerting at the same time.

I'm easing off of IR until Lavendar Parker comes out with her next installment... unless I discover a good IR. These novellas and pamphlets are rather annoying now.

message 25: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Inside our RV while my husband and our son camp out in their tent for his Boy Scouts family weekend.

message 26: by Anino (last edited Jan 19, 2015 10:22AM) (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments Normally, its in bed, but right now, I am enjoying the breeze on my front porch.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I read a handful of books that had IR content in them recently:

Asteroid Outpost--it's not romance, but the lead character has two relationships with black women in the book.

The Wells Bequest--MG/JV book with a hero who is Russian American and the heroine is Indian. It's a kids book, but it was so cute to see young love interracial style. The previous book The Grimm Legacy has a BM/Indian Female combination. I haven't read it yet.

Did a reread of Samurai Game--love this book and love the GhostWalkers series.

message 28: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments Ren wrote: "What I would like to hear is where is the most unusual place you have ever read a book? You know, too many distractions or you want to find a place of solitude so no one will bother you.

I've lock..."

message 29: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments At the weekend, I was reading in Oxford, England in various pubs. Now I am back in Stockholm, reading on buses, trains...you name it.