Firequill Book Club discussion

Readers > What kind of story are you craving for?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
There are many out there, but what kind of story do you absolutely craving for. This is where you can add it, and maybe someone out there can help you with the right novel.

message 2: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (sakuchu) | 5 comments Right now I'm totally in love with The Selection series :) So I'd actually really like to read similar novels :)

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Jasmin wrote: "Right now I'm totally in love with The Selection series :) So I'd actually really like to read similar novels :)"

Just went and add it onto my tbr list. It does sound awesome. Don't know of any series like that. Would love to read it though.

message 4: by Firequill (new)

Jasmin wrote: "Right now I'm totally in love with The Selection series :) So I'd actually really like to read similar novels :)"

Don't know that series, Jasmin. Sorry.

message 5: by Carey (new)

Carey Miller | 3 comments I just added The Selection series to mine as well. I like YA fiction of all kinds - dystopian, sci fi, etc. I'm just not that picky!

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 6 comments If you like The Selection there are a couple series that are similar with the dystopian theme I'd recommend- Aberrant (Aberrant, #1) by Ruth Silver Branded (Sinners, #1) by Abi Ketner Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi

message 7: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (sakuchu) | 5 comments I wouldn't really count The Selection as dystopian, since ut's not a typical dystopian story like Hunger Games, Divergent etc. I loved Divergent, too, though :)

Another great dystopian series is:
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 6 comments Sure it is. The Selection is a country risen from the chaos of what once was our world in which the government controls almost everything and a girl who is working through her romantic emotions is changing society. Not sure what else would considered dystopian...

message 9: by Firequill (new)

Ohhh new books. I'm not a dystoian fan though. I tried the Hunger games. Loved the first one as sick as it was, hahahahaha, but didn't like the other two. Don't know why. I haven't tried Divergent yet. Scared it's going to be the same as I heard someone is dying at the end.

message 10: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (sakuchu) | 5 comments Kathy wrote: "Sure it is. The Selection is a country risen from the chaos of what once was our world in which the government controls almost everything and a girl who is working through her romantic emotions is ..."

In The Selection the world build isn't so important (in my opinion the first two books could play in medieval times or something similar, too) and it's not described as horrible as in other books. (like Hunger Games)

@Firequill
I didn't like the last book from Hunger Games either :( Same goes for Divergent, I only read one and 2, I loved the first book, but got bored throughout the second one.

message 11: by Firequill (new)

Jasmin wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Sure it is. The Selection is a country risen from the chaos of what once was our world in which the government controls almost everything and a girl who is working through her romanti..."

My Opinion about the Hunger Games. It just felt like the author didn't go anywhere with the second book, it felt like a repeat just with different characters, etc. The third wasn't bad, ending okay, but the first book was awesome. MY OPINION, It will differ from others.