Firequill Book Club discussion

General > Tell us a bit about your self

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Name: Erika (Firequill)
Interests: Novels, people, marketing, animals, children and blogging.
Favorite thing in this world: My children

I joined because: I'm a blogger who loves to meet new people. I'm also a reviewer.

Please do the same. Thanks.

message 2: by C. (new)

C. Cales (scarybob) | 7 comments Once the invitation is offered and threshold crossed it's too late to change your mind. I write paranormal thrillers and I'm here to offer you something different. As a point of introduction you are invited to my author page, to my blog, to the chilling interview with Carlos Ramirez, evil incarnate. The interview was scheduled and much to my surprise Jack Michaels, the journalist from my third novel volunteered for the job. Who am I to refuse that kind of initiative.

He traveled to the mountainous Pacific coast of South America between Peru and Chile and spent some time with Carlos in his fortress chateau.

Drug lord, child molester, murderer and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Jack doesn't think he will ever be the same.

https://www.goodreads.com/scarybob

ScaryBob

message 3: by Firequill (new)

C. wrote: "Once the invitation is offered and threshold crossed it's too late to change your mind. I write paranormal thrillers and I'm here to offer you something different. As a point of introduction you ar..."

Hi ScaryBob, thanks so much for joining our book club.
Feel free to add everything you like on our author corner. I'm going to try keep this interesting and we are going to have so much fun creating one line sentence stories. I hope all the authors would like it. It's just going to be for fun. You should stay tune and participate when it's going to start. I think it's going to be fun.

message 4: by Firequill (new)

Polinaluke wrote: "I love Selena Gomez"

That is awesome. I like her too.

message 5: by Firequill (new)

She...or is there another Selena Gomez I don't know about. Hahaha.

message 6: by Firequill (new)

We all do that. hahahaha.
I'm lately so not in with what is going on with the celebrities as I got a lot on my plate. Hopefully you will keep me up to date.

message 7: by Tajah (new)

Tajah (TajahT) | 5 comments At the concert?

message 8: by Firequill (new)

Polinaluke wrote: "Demi lovato waved to me"

I hope you waved back

message 9: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Polinaluke wrote: "I think I did I screamed"

Hahahahahah

message 10: by Tajah (new)

Tajah (TajahT) | 5 comments I would too. How close were you?

message 11: by Tajah (new)

Tajah (TajahT) | 5 comments Oh wow, I got my tickets like 2 months before the concert. So I didn't have the best seats, but I got to go.

message 12: by Firequill (new)

Polinaluke wrote: "I think I did I screamed"

That is awesome. Hope you enjoyed it.

message 13: by Firequill (new)

Polinaluke wrote: "Hot chelle Rae waved to me to but that was after they preformed"

Hot Chelle Rae, is that a new band. I really got to get with this. See it's why I need YA on here. hahahahaha

message 14: by Tajah (new)

Tajah (TajahT) | 5 comments At the concert I went to, the hot backup dancers pulled up their shirts and one of then had a 6 pac. I was like OH LORD JEUSE.

message 15: by Tajah (new)

Tajah (TajahT) | 5 comments And that's ok, I don't know who that is either.

message 16: by Firequill (new)

Tajah wrote: "And that's ok, I don't know who that is either."

Lol

message 17: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Firequill wrote: "Name: Erika (Firequill)
Interests: Novels, people, marketing, animals, children and blogging.
Favorite thing in this world: My children

I joined because: I'm a blogger who loves ..."

Back on the original thread ...
Name: Deborah Jay, author of epic fantasy and urban fantasy, with one of each out so far and more on the way.
Age - old enough
Interests - fantasy and SF in all mediums, my dogs, my horses, and my work, split between writing and training dressage horses. I also blog - a mix of book releases, tours and reviews, with a few writer-oriented posts tucked in there too.
Favorite thing in this world: tough choice between riding my wonderful horses and watching an awesome film such as LOTR.
I joined because: I love meeting and interacting with like-minded fans of my favorite genres.

You can find me at:
http://deborahjayauthor.com/
https://twitter.com/DeborahJay2
https://www.facebook.com/DeborahJay

message 18: by Firequill (new)

Lol, love the age. hahahahaha. Dressage is the dancing horser, right? If it is, it's gorgeous. I don't know how you do it, but wow. My grandfather use to do show horses, or ponies, I don't know what that is called in the USA.

I liked your fb page

message 19: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Firequill wrote: "Lol, love the age. hahahahaha. Dressage is the dancing horser, right? If it is, it's gorgeous. I don't know how you do it, but wow. My grandfather use to do show horses, or ponies, I don't know wha..."

Yep, that's 'dancing horses' - takes many many years of training to look like you're doing nothing!
We do show horses too - I'm in the UK. I have a small blog called 'horse tips for writers' (as well as my main blog) and I keep being reminded how different things are in the US to Europe.

message 20: by Firequill (new)

Deborah wrote: "Firequill wrote: "Lol, love the age. hahahahaha. Dressage is the dancing horser, right? If it is, it's gorgeous. I don't know how you do it, but wow. My grandfather use to do show horses, or ponies..."

That is so amazing. Good luck I can just imagine how busy you must be. love horses though. They are magnificent creatures.

message 21: by Marc (new)

Marc Secchia (marcsecchia) | 14 comments Hey, I'm Marc - live and work in Ethiopia, from Cape Town originally. I've been a fantasy fan since forever. Got a big birthday with a '4' in it next year.

Interests: Writing - epic fantasy, ocean fantasy, African fantasy (hmmm ... a bit of a theme developing here), watching 12 hours of LOTR without a pause, chasing my kids around the house, reading and reviewing, and I occasionally pretend I'm a golfer. I also play flute, panpipes and odd woodwinds like the ocarina.

Find me at http://www.marcsecchia.com or here on GR.

message 22: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Marc wrote: "Hey, I'm Marc - live and work in Ethiopia, from Cape Town originally. I've been a fantasy fan since forever. Got a big birthday with a '4' in it next year.

Interests: Writing - epic fantasy, ocean..."

Hi Marc :) Your blog looks fab - but you don't seem to have a follow button anywhere?
And Feynard looks such fun! I've added it to my TBR list.

message 23: by Marc (new)

Marc Secchia (marcsecchia) | 14 comments Thanks! Working on the blog ... there's a follow by email there, now. Facebook like doesn't work however :-) ah well. Need to spend some quality time on this.

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Marc wrote: "Thanks! Working on the blog ... there's a follow by email there, now. Facebook like doesn't work however :-) ah well. Need to spend some quality time on this."

How about adding follow by Bloglovin and Google? - easy widgets to add. Also Linky blogs.

message 25: by Marc (new)

Marc Secchia (marcsecchia) | 14 comments Alright, well that's an improvement - thanks for the suggestion!

message 26: by Fiza (new)

Fiza Name: Fiza
Interests: reading, movies, blogging
Favorite thing in this world: My books :3

I joined because: I'm a newbie blogger who's looking to connect with other people :)

message 27: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Marc wrote: "Alright, well that's an improvement - thanks for the suggestion!"

Great stuff - have followed you via Bloglovin :)

message 28: by Marc (new)

Marc Secchia (marcsecchia) | 14 comments Thanks!

Fiza - welcome! Will check out your blog.

message 29: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments I followed your blog, hope you can see it. Take care Fiza and welcome. Looking forward to read your reviews.

message 30: by Miguel (new)

Miguel (thequirkyreader) Name: Miguel
Interests: Watching indie films, playing the piano, blogging, and debating
Favorite thing in this world: Probably chocolate or cats

I joined because: I just love interacting with authors and bloggers!

message 31: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Miguel wrote: "Name: Miguel
Interests: Watching indie films, playing the piano, blogging, and debating
Favorite thing in this world: Probably chocolate or cats

I joined because: I just love in..."

Oh wow, Miguel, you start young. Awesome. Welcome to our small book club, which hopefully will grow. This is seriously the right site for you.

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen Prince | 1 comments Hi, I'm Karen, I came over from Twitter because you friended me there.

I am also in South Africa, write young adult fantasy adventures and am busy writing a Tutorial for Scrivener (The best writing software ever)

am currently obsessed with Vlog Brothers on YouTube (John Green of 'The Fault in Our Stars' fame.) Just saying.

message 33: by Firequill (new)

Karen wrote: "Hi, I'm Karen, I came over from Twitter because you friended me there.

I am also in South Africa, write young adult fantasy adventures and am busy writing a Tutorial for Scrivener (The best writin..."

That is so amazing Karen. I'm sure you know what it is we are trying to do here, because the book stores have to get fantasy and Paranormal books from overseas where we have amazing authors right here in South Africa. I'm glad you are on here, please feel free to participate in anything.

message 34: by Firequill (new)

Karen wrote: "Hi, I'm Karen, I came over from Twitter because you friended me there.

I am also in South Africa, write young adult fantasy adventures and am busy writing a Tutorial for Scrivener (The best writin..."

That is so amazing Karen. I'm sure you know what it is we are trying to do here, because the book stores have to get fantasy and Paranormal books from overseas where we have amazing authors right here in South Africa. I'm glad you are on here, please feel free to participate in anything.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone, my name is Cindy and I'm 52 years old. I love reading YA particularly the Harry Potter series and one of my favorite YA authors is Jonathan Maberry. I live in Kentucky with my boyfriend (might as well say husband) of 15 years as of this September, my grandson (I have custody of him - 16 years old), and my rescue dog and cat. Love to read, camp, anything outdoors, cooking, and spending time with my family.

message 36: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 4 comments Hi I am Louisa, I am 35 from Sydney, Australia. I also lived in Japan and Canada. I love to read particularly paranormal/fantasy esp romance

message 37: by April (new)

April Hi I'm April from Rhode Island, I'm 23 years old and I have a little boy who is 3. His name is Jason and he was born on October 31st of 2010 :P No intention of naming him after a fake serial killer :P. haha. I also am engaged to a wonderful man. :)

message 38: by Scott (new)

Scott Boyer (rscottboyer) | 10 comments Hi Everyone. My name is Scott. I'm forty and live in Los Angeles, CA. My interests include writing, reading (obviously), basketball, hiking, camping, and dogs (mine in particular). Oh, and barbecuing - happy Memorial Day everyone!

I also love kids, and do volunteer work with several organizations that work with impoverished children from inner city communities.

I joined because: I like YA, as well as fantasy/spiritual fiction, and like to know what other people are reading and think about the books they've read. I've also made a few friends with people in this group and enjoy interacting and meeting new people.

message 39: by Marc (new)

Marc Secchia (marcsecchia) | 14 comments Cindy wrote: "Hello everyone ...I live in Kentucky ... and my rescue dog and cat"

2 rescue dogs over here. They were attacked by army ants as puppies so one has never been very well, she's partly blind. But loveable!

Great to meet you all.

message 40: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments Name: Michael G. Munz
Age: Existing in a sealed Schroedinger's Box in a state between 25 and 39
Interests: Fantasy, sci-fi, gaming, hiking, and folding origami cranes for no good reason.
Favorite thing in this world: I'm pretty big on oxygen. Also entertaining people. And dark chocolate.

I joined because: I'm an author with a comedic contemporary fantasy coming from Booktrope Publishing in July, and I love connecting with readers despite my lack of social-media skills! :)

(Incidentally, the book is called Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure , and if it gets added to 100 "to-read" shelves by the June 11th cover reveal, I'm releasing an exclusive chapter excerpt.)

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments R. wrote: "Hi Everyone. My name is Scott. I'm forty and live in Los Angeles, CA. My interests include writing, reading (obviously), basketball, hiking, camping, and dogs (mine in particular). Oh, and barbecui..."

Happy Memorial Day to you, too!

message 42: by Aurora (last edited May 28, 2014 02:28PM) (new)

Aurora (aurora_mandeville) | 2 comments Hi, my name's Amanda, and I've been busy with writing several stories, most of which are short. Considering I've really only just begun (despite the fact that several characters have been floating in my head for the past 15 years), only a couple have been posted on the web (here and here , in case anyone wants to check them out).
I like reading and writing (of course), listening to music, hanging out with friends, roses, wolves, horses, bears . . . and a ton of other things that I won't list here (too long ;). But, yeah, that's me.

message 43: by Firequill (new)

Amy ♥♫ wrote: "Hi, my name's Amanda, and I've been busy with writing several stories, most of which are short. Considering I've really only just begun (despite the fact that several characters have been floating..."

Welcome Amy,
WAIt for the day all those characters are going to start arguing with you. Headache upon headache. HAHAHAHA

message 44: by Aurora (new)

Aurora (aurora_mandeville) | 2 comments Firequill wrote: "Amy ♥♫ wrote: "Hi, my name's Amanda, and I've been busy with writing several stories, most of which are short. Considering I've really only just begun (despite the fact that several characters hav..."

rofl . . . I think some want to, but there are a couple who know me so well that they answer for me and save me the headaches (those are the ones who've been in my head for the past fifteen years, go figure). ;P

message 45: by Firequill (new)

Amy ♥♫ wrote: "Firequill wrote: "Amy ♥♫ wrote: "Hi, my name's Amanda, and I've been busy with writing several stories, most of which are short. Considering I've really only just begun (despite the fact that seve..."

Hahahha, If I wasn't an author myself, I would've been in the nuthouse already

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hello my name is Jennifer.
I just started to love reading a couple months ago.
I just finished reading the twilight series in two weeks so you could say I'm a fast learner. Hahaha.
I play National Volleyball, the piano, and the flute.
I love being busy so when every second that I have a break you would see me reading now.
I want to join this site because it has many genres that I like.
I'm writing a book that is called "What is Right?" and I hope whoever reads this could go check it out and comment what you think of it!

message 47: by Firequill (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Hello my name is Jennifer.
I just started to love reading a couple months ago.
I just finished reading the twilight series in two weeks so you could say I'm a fast learner. Hahaha.
I play National..."

Welcome Jennifer and hope that you are going to enjoy our book club. We will start nominating novels in July for the entire group to read. It should be fun.

message 48: by Ted (new)

Ted Galdi (ted_galdi) | 3 comments Hey everyone. I’m an author in the group. For a limited time I'm currently giving out free advance copies of my new romantic YA thriller, Elixir, to Goodreads members in exchange for ratings/reviews. It's a story about a teenage genius who goes on a suspenseful adventure to cure his girlfriend of a mysterious illness:

Elixir

Elixir by Ted Galdi

If you'd like a free copy please message me and provide an email address for a PDF version or a mailing address for a hard copy. For more on Elixir, including the trailer and three-chapter preview, check out the official website: www.elixirthebook.com.

message 49: by Greg (new)

Greg Strandberg (gregstrandberg) Looking for 20 simple writing strategies? I wrote 1.2 million words last year and 668,000 words this year.

I have 40 books on Amazon.

This book has the strategies I started with to do all that. You can get it free on July 10, 11, and 12.

Thanks a lot everyone for your support!

Write Now! 20 Simple Strategies for Successful Writing by Greg Strandberg Write Now! 20 Simple Strategies for Successful Writing

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C94U8QQ

message 50: by Sportochick (new)

Sportochick | 11 comments I sew costumes for entertainment and this gives me lots of time to read since I travel all over.

I started blogging the books I read earlier this spring and really enjoy reviewing and promoting outstanding books as well as stretching myself out of my comfort zone to read genres I wouldn't typically read.

« previous 1