Black Coffee discussion

Archives > May Challenge

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Londa (last edited May 01, 2014 10:43AM) (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments

How many books can you read in May?

In honor of National Foster Care Month, try and read one (1) book about foster families, adoptive families, orphans, etc.

Good Luck!

You can post about your reads here or on the widget!
https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

message 2: by Londa (last edited May 01, 2014 11:14AM) (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments I am looking on my to-read list to find a book that fits our theme this month, but I have read some recently that fit into this category.

The Book Thief
Counting by 7s (middle grade)
The Story of Beautiful Girl
Ellen Foster

I highly recommend ALL of those.

message 3: by Londa (last edited May 16, 2014 07:08AM) (new)

message 4: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3902 comments Mod
I'm signing up for three

Londa The Book Theif is one of my Favs...you have to come back and let me know what you think.

message 5: by Londa (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments I love it too! I am recommending that one :0)

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments I'm doing nine, this month will be busy.

message 7: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2446 comments Mod
I'm so behind. I'm gonna try to make 5 this month. I think I'm going to read The Book Thief as the theme read.

message 8: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments For those who are reading The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat - I think there is a situation in the the book that will fit this month's theme.

message 9: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments I am going for 15 again.
I am so far behind in what I need to read.
As for this month's theme - maybe one of planned reads fits (or maybe can stretch to fit as I will be reading Boy, Snow, Bird that deals with a stepchild)

message 10: by Londa (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments Lulu wrote: "I'm so behind. I'm gonna try to make 5 this month. I think I'm going to read The Book Thief as the theme read."

I love that book Lulu! Can't go wrong.

Beverly wrote: "For those who are reading The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat - I think there is a situation in the the book that will fit this month's theme."

Yay!

I'm reading Boy, Snow, Bird too. It looks like my kind of book. I am a fairy tale fanatic, and I have been wanting to read Helen Oyeyemi for a while.

message 11: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Londa wrote: "Lulu wrote: "I'm so behind. I'm gonna try to make 5 this month. I think I'm going to read The Book Thief as the theme read."

I love that book Lulu! Can't go wrong.

Beverly wrote: "For those who ..."

I have read Oyeyemi before and I think it is more her writing style than her theme of using fairy tales/mythology in her storylines that does not appeal to me. I really want to like Boy, Snow, Bird - so we will see how it goes.

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments So how did everyone else do this month?

message 13: by Londa (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments Anastasia wrote: "So how did everyone else do this month?"

I got through about half! You and Beverly are our big readers again this month, and Lulu achieved her goal!

Congratulations!

What was everyone's fav read this month.

For the ones I completed. The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat was the clear winner.

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Londa wrote: "Anastasia wrote: "So how did everyone else do this month?"

I got through about half! You and Beverly are our big readers again this month, and Lulu achieved her goal!

Congratulations!

What was..."

Thanks! Hehe, your buddy read thread certainly got me interested in that book, definitely on my TBR list.

I always have several faves and this month was no different:
1 Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets
2 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
3 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I also enjoyed Divergent (finally read it). :)

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Also the challenge app doesn't display the books I read still so I just listed them in the comments.

message 16: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2446 comments Mod
Well...since I finished The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat in June (boo!!!), my favorite read of May was Silver Sparrow.

message 17: by Beverly (last edited Jun 03, 2014 05:23PM) (new)

message 18: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Do we have a June Challenge?

message 19: by Londa (new)

Londa (londalocs) | 1526 comments We will! I am working on it now :0)

message 20: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Londa wrote: "We will! I am working on it now :0)"

LOL - Sorry!! You know I like my lists. :)