Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > What are you reading in May?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand We've not had one of these posts in a while, so I thought I'd start one for this month! What books are you hoping or planning to read in May? Do you make a plan, or do you like to pick books as the mood takes you?

I've signed up for a few group reads and reviews this month, so I already have quite a list that I'm hoping to work through:

A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George The Measure of Katie Calloway (Michigan Northwoods, #1) by Serena B. Miller Inescapable (Road to Kingdom #1) by Nancy Mehl While Love Stirs (The Gregory Sisters, #2) by Lorna Seilstad Mark of Distinction (Price of Privilege, #2) by Jessica Dotta Four Friends by Robyn Carr Courting Morrow Little A Novel by Laura Frantz Night Road by Kristin Hannah

message 2: by Lorie (last edited May 01, 2014 04:41AM) (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I am going to try for three. Since I have been working more getting 3 done is hard but here are my plans.

Inescapable by Nancy Mehl

Murder Simply Brewed by Vannetta Chapman

Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings

Summer is coming soon which means more reading!!! One more month left of school.

message 3: by Natalie (last edited May 01, 2014 03:44PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments Currently reading Taylor's Gift: A Courageous Story of Giving Life and Renewing Hope. Planning to read: A Plain Man by Mary Ellis , A Season of Change (Seasons in Pinecraft, #1) by Lynette Sowell , A Widow's Hope (Miller Family, #1) by Mary Ellis , First Impressuions by Sarah Price, Inescapable (Road to Kingdom #1) by Nancy Mehl , Jedidiah's Bride (Lancaster County Weddings #2) by Rebecca Kertz , Lady in the Mist (The Midwives, #1) by Laurie Alice Eakes , Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida by Sandra D. Bricker , Made to Last (Where Love Begins #1) by Melissa Tagg Murder Simply Brewed (Amish Village Mystery #1) by Vannetta Chapman , Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1) by Rachel Hauck , and Roadside Assistance  by Amy Clipston , and The Postcard (Amish Country Crossroads, #1) by Beverly Lewis , among others. Whatever I don't read will be added to next month's list.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments Finished Jedidiah's Bride (Lancaster County Weddings #2) by Rebecca Kertz . Currently reading Made to Last (Where Love Begins #1) by Melissa Tagg on my Kindle.

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments Today I finished the last two books in the Lancaster County Secrets Boxed Set The Choice / The Waiting / The Search (Lancaster County Secrets #1-3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher on my Kindle. I also finished the Stoney Ridge Seasons (Stoney Ridge Seasons #1-3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher on my Kindle. I enjoyed all of them.

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments On Monday, I finished: A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1) by Barbara Cameron by Barbara Cameron and A Widow's Hope (Miller Family, #1) by Mary Ellis . I enjoyed both of them.

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments I also just bought A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3) by Betsy St. Amant Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding, #2) by Rachel Hauck , Surrender Falls A Novella by Caitlyn Santi , and The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden , among others. i will try to read some of them this month.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Miler | 18 comments I am planning on reading a beth wiseman book and a Beverly Lewis book I have bought the series Annie's people and Plain Perfect and am starting both of thrm

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments I finished A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher on my Kindle today. I enjoyed it.

message 10: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments Finished A Miracle of Hope (The Amish Wonders, #1) by Ruth Reid by Rutgh Ried on my Kindle today. It was a good book.

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara B | 1 comments I am reading Clouds Without Rain by P.L. Gaus.

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments @Tara: I read most of the series awhile back and enjoyed them. Please keep us posted. Welcome to the group!

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments Today I finished A Home for My Heart by Anne Mateer , Golden State Brides Two Historical Romances Under One Cover by Keli Gwyn , Inescapable (Road to Kingdom #1) by Nancy Mehl , and The Preacher's Bride by Jody Hedlund , only one of which was on my list of things to read at the beginning of the month That happens sometimes when you have as many books on yoru Kindle as I do. (:

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments I just finished Becoming Amish (Amish Neighbor, #1) by Melanie Schmidt and Cindy's Story (An Amish Fairly Tale, #1) by J.E.B. Spredemann . I loved both of them.

message 15: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis | 80 comments The Miting An Old Order Amish Novel by Dee Yoder Has anyone read this book? I just started it today, reviewing it for Kregel. It's good so far, but presents quite a different view of the Amish faith than anything I've ever read.

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber Shaw | 6 comments I have read Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #1) by Leslie Gould Amish by Accident by J.E.B. Spredemann The Choice (Lancaster County Secrets, #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher The Waiting (Lancaster County Secrets, #2) by Suzanne Woods Fisher A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher The Ultimate Amish Romance Boxed Set Collection (1-8) by Becca Fisher

I have yet to read Amish Faith by Sarah Price Hearts Awakening (Hearts Along The River #1) by Delia Parr Paradise Valley (Daughters of Caleb Bender, #1) by Dale Cramer once I finish these 3 I dont know what I will download weather it be more of one of my series of new books

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber Shaw | 6 comments Natalie wrote: "I finished A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher on my Kindle today. I enjoyed it."

have you read any of the others that tie into that book???? I loved them all

message 18: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments @Jenni: I did. I really enjoy Suzanne Wood's Fisher's books. I didn't like Adoring Addie (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #2) by Leslie Gould , but I really enjoyred Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #1) by Leslie Gould and Minding Molly (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #3) by Leslie Gould , Cannot wait to read Becoming Bea (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #4) by Leslie Gould when it's available this fall.

message 19: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis | 80 comments The Christmas Quilt by Vannetta Chapman I really enjoyed this book by Vannetta Chapman, very entertaining and inspirational. It's marketed as a Christmas book, but would work well any time of the year. See my review at http://bit.ly/JsfwQR.

message 20: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis | 80 comments An Amish Garden by Beth Wiseman "A garden is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow." - Amish proverb, from An Amish Garden

This group of Amish stories from four talented authors - Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer, and Vannetta Chapman - is one of the best collections I've ever read. Much more character depth than I usually find in novellas. See my review at http://booksmusicandlife.blogspot.com...