Start by marking “An Amish Garden” as Want to Read:

(Amish Garden)

“A Place of Healing” Vannetta Chapman
Emma discovers a run-away teen in her barn, and the bishop asks her to provide a haven for a woman and her two children. Then her mother-in-law reveals a secret about her garden. Will Emma choose loneliness or learn to accept God’s gifts?
“Flowers for Rachael” Kathleen Fuller
Rachael’s garden is beautiful, but she is lonely. Gideon is in
Published March 1st 2014 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Garden

Melanie Kilsby
What a quaint novella set!

I really enjoyed this audiobook version.
Thinking about the summer, this was perfect. I think I would prefer a full novel, instead of novellas. Thus a lesser star, but such a great set of books together and certainly loved all the little things in each book. They wrapped up sweetly!

A sweet compilation for a summery read while working in the garden!
Diane U
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“A Place of Healing” by Vannetta Chapman

“Flowers for Rachael” Kathleen Fuller
Rachael’s garden is beautiful, but she is lonely. Gideon is in love with Rachael, but when Rachael finds her garden in shambles after a crisis, she rejects his help. Will she realize sh
Elizabeth
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
By: Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer, and Vannetta Chapman

We have four Amish Novellas from four great authors. Each can be read alone . I think these authors have done some excellent writing on these novellas . You will read about love , hope, and trusting God through these novellas.

Rooted in Love
By: Beth Wiseman
After Rosemary Lentz mother died she takes over running the household for her father and siblings. She is good at everything except gardening . Rosemary was six
Dali Castillo
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, but what's not to love? The book is a compilation of 4 novellas, written by four authors, whose works include Amish fiction, where each novella centers around the theme of gardening. I find it difficult to write about each one without giving too much away, so let me just say this: Beth Wiseman, Kathy Fuller, Tricia Goyer, and Vannetta Chapman have each written a lovely novella that includes romance, humor, and faith wrapped into a very touching and sweet story. Put ...more
Lorraine
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Garden is a collection of four novellas written by authors whose books I enjoy reading. The common theme in all the stories is, of course, the gardens. Each story was well written and a page turner in its own right.

Rooted in Love by Beth Wiseman is a story of love and misunderstanding. Saul Petersheim and Rosemary Lantz had courted and were in love. Then, out of the blue, she broke up with him when she was sixteen. He had no clue what he had done to cause her to end the relationship. Th
Cecelia
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a nice, heartwarming novella collection. Each story is centered around an Amish garden.

In Beth Wiseman’s Rooted For Love, Rosemary has been in love with Saul for a long time. They dated as teens and she abruptly ended their relationship, not giving Saul a reason for her actions. In spite of the breakup, her feelings for Saul have continued to grow over the years. An accident brings Saul back into her life, and he’s now helping her to care for her neglected garden. Can the truth be uncove
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS BOOK

An Amish Garden is special to me because it is a collection of stories written by four of my favorite Amish authors! It is like getting four books in one!! And Each story is wonderful, I can’t pick out a favorite because I love them all! Each story involves a young struggling to find her way in the life she is living in, through following her God. And each one seems to be dealing with loneliness of one kind or another. As with all Amish books, this was a delightful rea
Brittany
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For an Amish fiction lover like me, this book has it all! It is a collection of four novellas by some of my favorite authors. All of the stories stand independently from each other and since they are novellas, they are faster reads than a standard length novel. However, all four stories are very full and well-developed. I connected with the characters in each of the stories and felt invested in how things would turn out for them.

In each novella, a garden is central to the storyline. The themes o
Leah
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed this book. Where Love Blooms , the last story was all right. I liked the characters and the setting. I didn't enjoy the story. I thought there would be more gardening involved. This story got 3 stars. I did like the other three stories. I liked Rooted in Love , Flowers for Rachel, and Seeds of Love . 4 stars for each of these stories. The gardens were prominently involved in each of those stories. I really enjoyed that. Flowers for Rachel was my favorite story. I thought that ...more
Kristen Wampner
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"AN AMISH GARDEN" is an absolute must read if you like Amish novels.....and if you have never read an Amish story before, then this is the one for YOU!! All four novels are fantastic! Great writings by four wonderful Christian romance writers, interesting concepts, exciting stories, excellent themes and intriguing characters, and the kind of book you just can't lay down!
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Each story was absolutely beautiful, it was amazing to see each character grow into who they were meant to be and to watch them find their path along life's winding road. Everyone can relate to something in each story whether it's loss, grief, abuse, joy, love... Each story is full of life, and that's something we all are going through no matter what path we are on.
Susan
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
They were each very uplifting fun stories. I enjoyed them.
Janice
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this on the kindle

This is a 4-1 book by different authors but each about a garden
This was an easy read book nothing that grabs you but a really nice read
An enjoyable book
Karla
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!!
Susan
Rooted in Love by Beth Wiseman

Rosemary Lantz is doing her best to run her family’s household. She excels at all her tasks except one: gardening. Saul Petersheim has pursued Rosemary for years, but Rosemary keeps turning him down. What Saul doesn’t know is that she has good reason—something no one can know—especially not him.

Good story. Rosemary and Saul had dated when they were teens, until Rosemary abruptly broke things off. Now she takes care of her widowed father and her three brothers, and
Jalynn Patterson
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Tina Watson
GREAT BOOK FOR THE SPRING AND SUMMER TO READ!

An Amish Garden was written by four amazing Amish fiction authors, Beth Wiseman, Vannetta Chapman, Kathleen Fuller, and Tricia Goyer, whether is it a collection of novellas in a book or their individual books, a reader can not go wrong in selected any reading material from them.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

What a cute short story Rooted in Love: An Amish Garden Novella was by Beth Wiseman.

Any reader should be able to relate to this story. Your heart lo
Becky
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of four different Amish stories that have the common theme of gardening. As the reader is led down the garden path in this book, one will discover that each tale is unique. The stories are: "Rooted in Love" by Beth Wiseman, "Flowers for Rachael" by Kathleen Fuller, "Seeds of Love" by Tricia Goyer and "Where Healing Blooms" by Vannetta Chapman.

The story of Rosemary and Saul is of love at cross-purposes. The two had courted as teenagers, and seemed to be in love. Then one day
Katherine Bartlett
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful book with stories I wouldn't have thought of when I read it was about gardens. I really liked the clean romance and of course the recipes!
Sunnie
An Amish Garden
This wonderful book, which entails four Novellas, written by four wonderful authors, shows how the gardens in our lives help us to move ahead and as stated in the final novella by Vannetta Chapman, Gardens will bless your soul.
“They are a place to rest, to draw near, and to heal.” I especially loved that line and marked it as I was reading the book, because that is how I truly feel about gardens, as well.
1. Rooted in Love, Beth Wiseman
Rosemary Lantz is the main character in this s
Tina
Shelves: own
by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer and Vannetta Chapman*****

This is an Amish novella, four-in-one book: Rooted in Love, Flowers for Rachael, Seeds of Love and Where Healing Blooms. A garden theme is sewn throughout each story. Hope, healing, challenges and trusting in God are woven throughout the stories.
~~~
Rooted for Love by Beth Wiseman:
Rosemary Lantz had dated Saul Petersheim when she was 16 but broke off their courtship without giving him the real reason why. Now
Rhonda
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW of Planting a Future by Beth Wiseman--"He's doing it again," Rosemary whispered to Esther. "Smiling and staring at me."
Rosemary and Saul are being offered a second chance at love and so is Rosemary's father, Wayne. When an accidental run-in between Saul and Wayne results in both men being injured, Wayne is unable to complete his farm work and Saul offers to do it for him as well as planting a vegetable garden for Rosemary. Rosemary hasn't had time for planting a garden since her mamm
Liz
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to see this book - several of my favorite authors, and a subject that is dear to my heart - and it did not disappoint!
In "Rooted in Love," Beth Wiseman shows the age-old cost of eavesdropping. Will Rosemary miss out on the love of her life because she thinks she knows what's best for her future? The chemistry between her and Saul is true to life. I couldn't put this book down as I ached for them to experience God's best.
In "Flowers for Rachel," Kathleen Fuller writes a love story o
Nancee
Rooted in Love by Beth Wiseman
Beth Wiseman has written a poignant Amish story of love and loss based on a conversation the main character overheard. Two people's lives are fraught with dismay that honesty, openness and trust would have assuaged. The author paints a realistic portrait of Amish life, creating characters with emotion and sensitivity. I enjoyed this short story of relationships and the developments that resulted despite a misunderstanding.

Flowers for Rachel by Kathleen Fuller
Kathlee
Kristin
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

Suggested Age: 12+
Genre: Christian,Amish Fiction

Beautiful cover and fantastic book! Of course, the stellar author lineup guaranteed a good read.
This book has four novellas written by four different authors as follows:

“A Place of Healing” by Vannetta Chapman
“Flowers for Rachael” by Kathleen Fuller
“Seeds of Love” by Tricia Goyer
“Planting a Future” by Beth Wiseman

“A Place of Healing” Vannetta Chapman
There is no doubt that Emma loved her husband but he is gone now and all of Emma’s child
Maria
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Garden is a collection of four novellas by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer, and Vannetta Chapman. I enjoyed all of the stories, but I think my favorite one was Flowers for Rachael. It was a fun, sweet read, but the other three novellas were a close second! It's unusual to enjoy all the stories so much, but I did. Each story pulled me in from the beginning and reluctantly let me go at the end.

Rooted in Love by Beth Wiseman is about Rosemary Lantz who has the responsibility o
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Title: AN AMISH GARDEN
Authors: Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer, Vannetta Chapman
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
March 2014
ISBN: 978-1401689797
Genre: Amish / romance novellas

Gardens are a place to rest, to draw near, and to heal.

“Where Healing Blooms” Vannetta Chapman
Paula-O
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
An Amish Garden is (4 short stories) by Beth Wiseman,Kathleen Fuller,Tricia Goyer&Vannetta Chapman.

If you like to read about the amish and plain people you are going to enjoy this book so much. short stories are nice every now and then because you can read the "whole" story quickly and know "The end" right away.
I met so many wonderful characters in these stories and every author writes a great story.
Beth wrote "Rooted in Love" this story is of RoseMary who does not like to garden, she is a s
Andrea Guy
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This collection of garden themed stories has many of the best Amish romance author contributing. Each novella takes you to a different Amish settlement with the characters finding love through life's challenges.

Beth Wiseman's "Rooted In Love" opens the book. Rosemary has been taking care of her family and putting of stepping out with Saul for years, because of something in her past. I felt terrible for Saul because he loved her all of those years when she had a misconception about something. I a
Maureen Timerman
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Four of my favorite authors have gotten together to write a book of four individual stories. Each story has a different setting, in Amish Communities. One theme is prevalent in each of the stories, and that is gardening.
I read my book on my kindle and each story was just about 25%, so you could read a little while and actually have time to finish and know the ending quickly. Of course, having read most all the books by these authors, I am familiar with the communities they reside in. Loved bein
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • Minding Molly (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #3)
  • The Kissing Bridge (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors, #3)
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family, #2)
  • Ray of Light (The Days of Redemption #2)
  • The Calling (Inn at Eagle Hill #2)
  • A Miracle of Hope (The Amish Wonders, #1)
  • Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #1)
  • For Every Season (Amish Vines and Orchards, #3)
  • A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1)
  • Healing Love (Amish Of Webster County #1)
  • Taken for English (Valley of Choice #3)
  • The Bridesmaid (Home to Hickory Hollow, #2)
  • The Amish Groom
"I wish I had the time to review books and chat with you here, but my writing deadlines just don't allow it. Please like my Fans of Beth Wiseman Page on Facebook where I try to post any news and interact with readers."
Beth is the best-selling and award winning author of the Daughters of the Promise series - Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, Plain Promise, Plain Paradise, and Plain Proposal. She is co

Amish Garden (4 books)
  • Rooted in Love (Amish Garden)
  • Flowers for Rachael: An Amish Garden Novella
  • Seeds of Love: An Amish Garden Novella
  • Where Healing Blooms (An Amish Garden)
“A garden is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow.” 2 likes