What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's chapter book from 1980s (3rd-5th grade level) [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salome (new)

Salome | 9 comments Most likely published in the 1980's, may early 90s. There is a big family. The mother is pretty neurotic and OCD. She named all her kids from the Baby Name books: the first child was named the first name in the A section for that gender, the second-born child was given the second name in the B section for their gender, and so forth and so on. I think there were like 8 or 10 kids. The mother also had a method for how they picked their clothes to wear. Clothes were folded neatly and the kids had to wear whatever item was on top of the stack. When clothes were washed they were put away at the bottom of the stack, that way all the clothes would get worn down evenly.

That is all I can remember

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina (cjcourt) | 2 comments It sounds like the naming scheme from Ten Kids, No Pets by Ann M. Martin, which was first published in 1988.

message 3: by Salome (new)

Salome | 9 comments I think you are correct. While I don't remember any of the plot regarding the pet, the names sound correct. I must not have finished the book when I read it as a kid. lol.

Thanks!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Salome, would you like your request marked as "Solved" or "Possibly Solved"?

message 5: by Salome (new)

Salome | 9 comments Kris wrote: "Salome, would you like your request marked as "Solved" or "Possibly Solved"?"

You can mark it as solved, when I looked up the book in Wikipedia the names were definitely the same. I must not have finished the book. Thanks for all your help!