Smashwords Authors discussion

Author of the Month > Character Interview March - Prince Splendor

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments Better late than never!

Here's your thread your Highness.

message 2: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) Who is Prince Splendor?

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments Who am I. Well, I'm a prince of a small northern kingdom, close to a forest and, um... well, let's say that I'm the most wanted bachelor of the lot, and I have two lovely ladies that I'm considering marrying, except there's a... well, she's the court witch and she also has a fancy on me and so... she curses me.
So this is the story of what happens when someone manages to lift the curse!

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 1396 comments In your opinion, what's the most important thing in your life?

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments https://creativebarbwire.wordpress.co...

mmm... I don't know. I'm really a fish out of water, waking up a hundred years in the future in an abandoned castle - and cursed! Sometimes I think I should have died with my family. But then I look at Billinda and take courage again. I mean, if she made it, so can I!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 1396 comments Barbara wrote: "https://creativebarbwire.wordpress.co...

mmm... I don't know. I'm really a fish out of water, waking up a hundred years in the future in an abandoned castle - and cur..."

I'm glad you have someone who can give you courage to go on.

message 8: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 413 comments Sire, would you be willing to be brutally honest with us for a moment? I'm trying to put this delicately. Truthfully, sir, regarding the recent unpleasantness with your court witch, you had it coming, didn't you?

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments did I? My father suggested I marry her, but I find her sneaky... Yes, she's young and decently pretty, but... I don't know, I don't trust women with such powers. I guess yes, I had it coming... *sigh*

message 10: by Ubiquitous (new)

Ubiquitous Bubba (ubiquitousbubba) | 413 comments Your Highness, first of all, I would like to say that I am not related in any way to that previous journalist and I believe his fate was well deserved. Ahem. With that out of the way, what changes in the kingdom have been the most striking over the last one hundred years? Also, I would like to add that I am extremely compliant, eager to serve, and I would not like to be turned into a newt. Not again, anyway.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments the kingdom is no more! My family was cursed. My father was killed in a peasants revolt, my mother died of heartbreak and my brother also died young without issue. So when I woke up, I found a crumbling castle inhabited by spiders only...
It was a very small kingdom anyway, but it's a pity. Now I'll have to find another home, and I'm not at ease in the city-states. And since I'm cursed, I can't even find refuge with some nice young widow like Lady Isabrun... Why are you glaring at me, Billi?

message 12: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) Barbara wrote: "the kingdom is no more! My family was cursed. My father was killed in a peasants revolt, my mother died of heartbreak and my brother also died young without issue. So when I woke up, I found a crum..."

Well... good luck.